Do you like needles?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Do you like needles?

thatonegirl thatonegirl
The two times i have given blood i have enjoyed it maybe a bit to much. Does anyone have this problem.
09/04/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jenn (aka kissmykitty) Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
That's... interesting. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I don't *like* needles, but I don't mind them, either. I grew up with a phlebotomist for a mother, so I was very accustomed to blood work. Hell, she used to "practice" on me at times!
09/07/2010
thatonegirl thatonegirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
That's... interesting. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I don't *like* needles, but I don't mind them, either. I grew up with a phlebotomist for a mother, so I was very accustomed to blood work. Hell, she used to "practice" on me at times!
thats interesting, do you get perky after you get blood drown i now alot of people were getting icky feeling and others wanted to sleep. I felt on like cloud nine and hyper the rest of the day.
09/07/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
I don't like needles (I'm a nurse and they don't bother me on other people, I just don't care for being stuck myself.) Sometimes that "buzz" after giving blood can be one of two things, 1) You are just relieved that it's over, and your endorphins kick in (this happens to me) or, 2)some people with blood conditions actually feel better when they are "drained." These conditions are rare, but include too much iron in the blood, and some people with migraines feel better after some blood is drawn, as we often have too much "stickiness" to our platelets and it feels good to get them out of our system. Either way, many people get a feeling of relief afterward, but don't look forward to the stick itself.

Or, hey, maybe you like needles, there's an entire kink genre around needle sticks. Again, the endorphin thing plays into it.
09/07/2010
Jenn (aka kissmykitty) Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
Quote:
Originally posted by thatonegirl
thats interesting, do you get perky after you get blood drown i now alot of people were getting icky feeling and others wanted to sleep. I felt on like cloud nine and hyper the rest of the day.
Really? That's interesting. I don't... I'm completely indifferent to the experience. I guess that's a good thing?
09/08/2010
sumie sumie
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I don't like needles (I'm a nurse and they don't bother me on other people, I just don't care for being stuck myself.) Sometimes that "buzz" after giving blood can be one of two things, 1) You are just relieved that it's ...
I'm a pharmacist that does vaccinations and I'm okay using them on other people but I don't like getting injections. Needles don't do anything for me. When its part of your job its just boring.
09/08/2010
Sammi Sammi
I don't do needles. I about pass out when I have blood drawn for tests - something about them really freaks me out, and I hate the bruising.
09/08/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I don't like needles (I'm a nurse and they don't bother me on other people, I just don't care for being stuck myself.) Sometimes that "buzz" after giving blood can be one of two things, 1) You are just relieved that it's ...
This is why I am donating blood next week (migraines! agh!). Actually due to my 2 and a half week period, I've been taking iron supplements (per my doctor's orders) to be able to do this. I try to donate every 2 or 3 months. I enjoy it, plus the donation staff is a hoot to hang out around!

As for the pleasure itself, I wouldn't say I personally get a sexual kick out of it, but it doesn't feel bad to me. Some subs, bottoms, and masochists enjoy needle play in all its forms, but it's mostly the needle passing through the skin than being stuck IN the skin, if that makes sense. I've tried it but it's not for me. Besides, my guy HAAAATES needles.
09/08/2010
Avant-garde Avant-garde
I freak out when I am around needles. Hate them always have.
09/09/2010
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I don't do needles. I about pass out when I have blood drawn for tests - something about them really freaks me out, and I hate the bruising.
I'm with Sammi! I hate needles! And I faint almost every time.
09/09/2010
usmcwife99 usmcwife99
Quote:
Originally posted by thatonegirl
The two times i have given blood i have enjoyed it maybe a bit to much. Does anyone have this problem.
Nope, I dont fear needles at all.

Ive got way bigger things to be scared of then needles.
09/24/2010
Owl Identified Owl Identified
I totally agree with you; I seriously love needles. I also get very perky and happy for the rest of the day, but I am also very excited by needles. However, I've noticed that I don't find them as exciting outside of a medical context, although I still enjoy them tremendously at home.

Have you ever thought of getting a little play needle kit? I remember the first time a friend of mine explained the whole concept of play piercing to me and I was like "oh...my god. you mean other people like this?" You're not alone, I swear!
09/25/2010
Viktor Vysheslav Malkin Viktor Vysheslav Malkin
Hope this does not offend anyone that likes needles but my answer is a huge "Hell no!" I aint exactly afraid of it but I aint in love with it.
09/26/2010
softkkisses softkkisses
I rather have a shot over a pill any day. I don't find it exciting at all either.
09/27/2010
Jobthingy Jobthingy
I have no problems with them. I think I got used to them after having to go for allergy shots like 3 times a week when i was younger.
09/27/2010
B8trDude B8trDude
NO!
09/28/2010
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
I have no problems with them. I think I got used to them after having to go for allergy shots like 3 times a week when i was younger.
It's interesting because I've had to get monthly blood work done for years now and the thrill hasn't worn off...I think it might just be different for each person
09/28/2010
thatonegirl thatonegirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I totally agree with you; I seriously love needles. I also get very perky and happy for the rest of the day, but I am also very excited by needles. However, I've noticed that I don't find them as exciting outside of a medical context, ...
Lol always good to know im not alone. i always find it wear to see the people getting ready to get sick over it and im like bouncing off the walls about it
10/07/2010
RadRach RadRach
def not i tend to pass out when poked with needles Ehhh
10/08/2010
Dusk Dusk
I'm not a needle fan, but I found piercings to be a bit addicting. I made myself stop after my second ear holes and my eyebrow.

I have a friend who really loves blood, so it could have been that, the needle, or a combo of both.
10/08/2010
Hot'n'Bothered Hot'n'Bothered
I'm kinda middle ground when it comes to needles. I certainly don't enjoy it in the least. But I am not afraid of them..
10/10/2010
mrs.mckrakn mrs.mckrakn
i hate needles!!! i hate blood!!! everytime i donate i never look at my arm as theyre doin it. freaks me out!
10/10/2010
Total posts: 22
Unique posters: 18