Rape Fantasies

Machina Machina
I'm curious. What does the community think about staged rape scenes in porn? I certainly don't think that just because a person enjoys this kind of pornography that he/she is a rapist. I do however wonder if you think it could perpetuate negative thoughts/behavior towards women (sometimes men) in some individuals- especially those videos involving the "victim" resisting at first, but then end up enjoying being raped. Healthy or harmful sexual outlet?
03/20/2009
  • Buy 1 Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Epiphora Epiphora
I would like to think that people know the difference between appearance and reality. People who want to see staged rape scenes know they are seeing staged rape scenes (am I right?). I think it's a fine fantasy to have, and porn can provide a healthy outlet for it, esp. if a partner does not want to participate in something like that.
03/20/2009
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Well, all I can say is that I've always had a rape fantasy (being raped, not doing the raping). It definitely doesn't mean I want to actually be raped. The thought of it actually happening scares the crap out of me. I think it would probably be about the same as someone liking staged rape in porn. It's just a fantasy.
03/20/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
I at times wished some hot chick would bust into my room and have sex with me but if it really happened id be worried about stds, pregancy and getting totally pwned by some crazy ass psychopath. i don't have any condoms and stuff around bc i'm not sexually active yet. So it would be a nightmare.
03/20/2009
Sammi Sammi
I've had fantasies like that on occasion as well, but I wouldn't want to really be raped, either. I think that as a staged fantasy in porn, it isn't a bad thing.
03/20/2009
jedent jedent
I admit to having a serious cop gang rape fetish, but it's not like I'd go up to a group of cops and be all, "Boy I hope I get RAPED today!" In fact when I see a cop I totally look at the ground and I cant make eye contact whatsoever. Furthermore, whenever I'm alone somewhere at night my number one fear above all else (mugged, kidnapped, etc.) is rape.

Sexual hypocrisies is what all this is.
03/21/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
This is an interesting topic, Machina. I agree with Epiphora that people should know the appearance/reality difference. Fantasies about losing control are still under our own mind's control. Being raped in real life reverses the appearance/reality aspect that is seen in pornographic videos or writing. The real crime isn't fulfilling a fantasy, just as the porno rape isn't (shouldn't be) a real loss of control.

I'm curious about what jedent means by "sexual hypocrisies is what all this is."
03/23/2009
Machina Machina
I think Jedent (feel free to correct me) just meant that it's hypocritical to fantasize about being raped, yet be against it happening in real life. Most (if not all) fantasies are about things you really wish would happen:

A handsome prince rides up on a white stallion, rescues you, and romantically fucks your brains out with his 8".

A barely legal teen begs to suck your cock, wants you to put it in her ass, and then guzzles your load.


etc...etc...Getting/be ing raped doesn't exactly fall into the same category. except BDSM, but most of that implies mutual consent from both parties.


I have a close friend who was raped, and have very strong feelings about how rapists should be punished. We even started a program after it happened to promote rape awareness and prevention at my school. Even though I loathe those sick bastards who actually do rape women, I have found myself lost in a rape fantasy or two. I feel guilty afterwards. Mostly because I feel like when I fantasize about rape, I'm making a mockery of the rape my friend had to endure for real. It's kind of hypocritical of me.

I don't know if hypocrisy is exactly the right word, but I get what she's saying.
03/23/2009
jedent jedent
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
I think Jedent (feel free to correct me) just meant that it's hypocritical to fantasize about being raped, yet be against it happening in real life. Most (if not all) fantasies are about things you really wish would happen:

A handsome ... More
Right, it wasnt like a negative connotation, it was more like that's probably not the right word but it was the first word that came to mind.
03/23/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by jedent
Right, it wasnt like a negative connotation, it was more like that's probably not the right word but it was the first word that came to mind.
Paradox.
03/23/2009
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
I think Jedent (feel free to correct me) just meant that it's hypocritical to fantasize about being raped, yet be against it happening in real life. Most (if not all) fantasies are about things you really wish would happen:

A handsome ... More
Most of my fantasies revolve around things I wouldn't ever want to really happen (sexual fantasies, that is).

But I do understand.
03/23/2009
Machina Machina
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Paradox.
Thank you In the pink
03/23/2009
jedent jedent
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
Thank you In the pink
Yes! Fantastic. Thank you.
03/23/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
Ooh, lots of new things to read. I think "paradox" is a better word, but I see now what jedent meant by "hypocrisy." Thanks! ^_^
03/24/2009
Machina Machina
From the majority of responses it seems it's women who fantasize about rape more than men... interesting notion. Then again, the guys might just be (understandably) worried about admitting it. It's also interesting that on a lot of hardcore websites featuring staged rape clips I've seen many comments from men stating the videos are unappealing, disturbing, not sexy, etc.
03/24/2009
Liz2 Liz2
Rape, staged or otherwise is abhorrent to me and violent.. I have dealt with too many girls that were raped or incidents of attempted rape by so called friends....b/f 's of their g/f's.
Guys may think about it but hopefully don't act on it, some of the hardcore stuff only encourages the jerks out there.
Just had to say this..
03/24/2009
Mae Baby Mae Baby
I have always thought about hubby forcing himself on me, in fact we've even played that out. I just love it when he's forceful...so I can see where so people would like watching that in porn and I don't think that automatically makes you a rapist...
04/05/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Mae Baby
I have always thought about hubby forcing himself on me, in fact we've even played that out. I just love it when he's forceful...so I can see where so people would like watching that in porn and I don't think that automatically makes you a rapist...
I don't think anyone is saying that's the case.

Lots of people like forceful play but whenever you can call anything 'play,' it indicates that it ends someplace, that there are rules, that it's just pretend. That's the difference. IT's the same with porn; we know it's not real.

Even rape fantasies indicate that the person does not want it to happen. In fact, I disagree with Machina. By its very definition, a fantasy is something we want left in the land of make believe; otherwise we would act on it.

I agree with this comment "The real crime isn't fulfilling a fantasy, just as the porno rape isn't (shouldn't be) a real loss of control."
04/05/2009
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Quote:
Originally posted by Epiphora
I would like to think that people know the difference between appearance and reality. People who want to see staged rape scenes know they are seeing staged rape scenes (am I right?). I think it's a fine fantasy to have, and porn can provide a ... More
I know many people who have enjoyed rape fantasies and had that kind of sex with their partners, but they find actual rape reprehensible. A rape fantasy is a conscious choice you make with your partner, just like actors and actresses who agree to act in rape porn (and I'd be stunned if they didn't have a special safe word in both cases). Actual rape is not a choice.
04/05/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
I don't think anyone is saying that's the case.

Lots of people like forceful play but whenever you can call anything 'play,' it indicates that it ends someplace, that there are rules, that it's just pretend. That's the ... More
I'm glad you agree with my comment. ^_^

I don't think all fantasies are things we'd rather leave in the land of make believe, but rape fantasies are likely quite different in our minds than how we would make them happen in real life. I'm not sure how common those types of role playing scenarios get carried out in reality. I get what you mean, though.
04/06/2009
Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme) Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme)
I just wrote an article about this exact same topic - based on a lot of stuff I'd read in books like Nancy Friday's 'My Secret Garden.'

She believes that the popularity of rape fantasies is nothing to do with rape, but allowing a woman to enjoy debauched, wild, uninhibited sex and then not have to feel guilty about being a 'slut' afterwards - because she was 'raped' and forced to do all those things (that, in her fantasy, she enjoyed.)

In my research for the article, I actually found that rape fantasies are becoming less common as women are made to feel less guilty for the sexual double standard (that a promiscuous man is a 'stud' and a promiscuous woman is a 'slut.')

My article's out this month in Jacques, for anybody in the New York area.
04/06/2009
Machina Machina
Quote:
Originally posted by Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme)
I just wrote an article about this exact same topic - based on a lot of stuff I'd read in books like Nancy Friday's 'My Secret Garden.'

She believes that the popularity of rape fantasies is nothing to do with rape, but allowing ... More
There's an interesting theory, & it would make a lot of sense.
04/06/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Backseat Boohoo
I know many people who have enjoyed rape fantasies and had that kind of sex with their partners, but they find actual rape reprehensible. A rape fantasy is a conscious choice you make with your partner, just like actors and actresses who agree to act ... More
Very concise
04/06/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
I'm glad you agree with my comment. ^_^

I don't think all fantasies are things we'd rather leave in the land of make believe, but rape fantasies are likely quite different in our minds than how we would make them happen in real ... More
I know for me, personally, it isn't a fantasy if it's something I actually want to happen. Then it's.. planning? Heh
04/06/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
I know for me, personally, it isn't a fantasy if it's something I actually want to happen. Then it's.. planning? Heh
I figured that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure what I'd call thinking about something that I'd want to happen if it weren't a fantasy. Planning works for now, hehe.
04/07/2009
chinnaman1 chinnaman1
Quote:
Originally posted by Backseat Boohoo
I know many people who have enjoyed rape fantasies and had that kind of sex with their partners, but they find actual rape reprehensible. A rape fantasy is a conscious choice you make with your partner, just like actors and actresses who agree to act ... More
have u ever enjoyed rape fantasy
05/07/2009
Irisheyez Irisheyez
It is not accurate to call it rape fantasy. If you want it to happen, it isn't rape. From a girl who has been raped before this is not letting go of inhibitions.

If this fantasy falls more under the bdsm category. It is inaccurate to call it rape at all. I wish none of you woman have to ever experience rape, it was a fear of mine that came true, just like many of you said you fear it in real life. It messes with you emotional, mentally, and even physically at times. Not exactly the enjoyable aggressive romp you fantasize about.
05/07/2009
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
I'm curious. What does the community think about staged rape scenes in porn? I certainly don't think that just because a person enjoys this kind of pornography that he/she is a rapist. I do however wonder if you think it could perpetuate ... More
If you realize that in fantasy there are no repercussions, no lives trashed and everyone ends up enjoying themselves then it's fine. The line can't get blurred though...fantasy rape is about powerful sex, real life rape is about power NOT sex. I have violent fantasies involving myself being both the agressor and victim I don't ever want those fantasies to be real...in my fantasies the people don't get really hurt in reality the thought of seeing real fear and pain in the eyes of my "victim" makes me feel ill.
07/18/2009
shnsmth6 shnsmth6
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
I'm curious. What does the community think about staged rape scenes in porn? I certainly don't think that just because a person enjoys this kind of pornography that he/she is a rapist. I do however wonder if you think it could perpetuate ... More
not sure this is for me
03/15/2013
shnsmth6 shnsmth6
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
If you realize that in fantasy there are no repercussions, no lives trashed and everyone ends up enjoying themselves then it's fine. The line can't get blurred though...fantasy rape is about powerful sex, real life rape is about power NOT ... More
good points
03/15/2013
Total posts: 30
Unique posters: 17