Is it true that your vagina can actually close up?

ToyGurl ToyGurl
Yes, I am almost like 100% positive that I'm going to get awful feedback for asking this. It sounds very childish. I thought this would make a good topic because my sister admitted to me that she isn't a virgin, but she swears her vagina re-closed after she got her cherry popped. She said that it hurt so much the first time she didn't have sex again for... I think she said like two weeks. She said she think it rehealed because she felt a rip and he couldn't insert his penis well the second time.

What are your thoughts?

Hahaha. Please dont laugh at me. Hahahahahaha. Okay, I laughed for you! lol.
09/22/2011
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Peggi Peggi
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
Yes, I am almost like 100% positive that I'm going to get awful feedback for asking this. It sounds very childish. I thought this would make a good topic because my sister admitted to me that she isn't a virgin, but she swears her vagina ... More


Kidding Now that I have gotten that out of my system...

The answer is no, your vagina can't actually close, however it can become tight if you are new to sex and/or haven't had it in a while. During sex, the hyman is torn, which causes the initial pain that some women feel during their first time. This can also be torn due to other reasons, such as playing sports, wearing tampons or horseback riding. Even foreplay like fingering can cause this.

Then, once it is torn, it doesn't regrow or heal over. What she most likely experienced was the initial tear, followed by a time of no sex, then followed by sudden restretching of the area. This used to happen to me when I would go for long periods of time in between intercourse, and sometimes I would even bleed.

For religious purposes some people will state that they (for the fact of me forgetting the actual term used I'll make my own up but it means the same thing) revirginize themselves. But medically, they aren't doing anything.
09/22/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
What, in the what??

What Peggi said!
09/22/2011
Yaoi Pervette (deleted) Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
I know that when I had sex for the first time, my hymen didn't tear completely in that one session. Sex wasn't painful, but I did bleed a bit. I bled for a few times after that initial time as my hymen continued to tear. Maybe this is what happened to your sister. Lack of lubrication wouldn't help either.
09/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Pretty much everything Peggi and Yaoi said is what I would have, so I'm going to go with that
09/22/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Yeah, Peggi and Yaoi Pervette covered most of it. The hymen just doesn't work the way fiction tells us.

I remember when I was in the hospital for depression some years ago, one of the girls in the ward with me insisted that if you didn't have sex again for seven years, you'd heal up and be a "born-again virgin." Sounded like crap even before I became more informed.
09/22/2011
Peggi Peggi
Quote:
Originally posted by Rin (aka Nire)
Yeah, Peggi and Yaoi Pervette covered most of it. The hymen just doesn't work the way fiction tells us.

I remember when I was in the hospital for depression some years ago, one of the girls in the ward with me insisted that if you ... More
You found the word I was looking for! Born-again virgin! Yes, that is what I was thinking of, about people who stopped having sex for a period of time, claim to become virgins again that has been driving me crazy all day! You made me very happy
09/22/2011
Elnoa Elnoa
Some cultures actually cut up the vaginal opening and sew part of it shut in order to assure virginity. But this doesn't happen naturally, obviously.
09/22/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
I doubt the hymen can return to how it was without the aid of surgery.

I was like Yaoi Pervette said. I only tore a little the first time and more the second time. It could be that since the second tearing is deeper, where the hymen may be thicker, that it hurt more. The second time hurt more for me.

Disclaimer: The second time was with a guy who was much bigger than man #1.
09/22/2011
potstickers potstickers
I know it's a bit mean and silly but when I read that I thought, "so if someone doesn't talk for two weeks, their mouth will close up." Heehee.
09/22/2011
Ryuson Ryuson
As everyone else said, not without aid from surgery ect!
09/22/2011
ToyGurl ToyGurl
You think I would know this answer working at two different Ob/GYN centers in my life! lol. I just thought "Hm. Maybe it would heal or something?"

That's so weird. Vaginas are too funny!
09/23/2011
Miss Voluptuous Miss Voluptuous
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
You think I would know this answer working at two different Ob/GYN centers in my life! lol. I just thought "Hm. Maybe it would heal or something?"

That's so weird. Vaginas are too funny!
Yea, vaginas are crazy.

OK, I love Dodson and Ross and they have this fucking brilliant video blog about a study that showed that the hymen is a myth. I always think about this: link
09/23/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Peggi
You found the word I was looking for! Born-again virgin! Yes, that is what I was thinking of, about people who stopped having sex for a period of time, claim to become virgins again that has been driving me crazy all day! You made me very happy ... More
Glad to help, hahaha!
09/23/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Voluptuous
Yea, vaginas are crazy.

OK, I love Dodson and Ross and they have this fucking brilliant video blog about a study that showed that the hymen is a myth. I always think about this: link
That video needs to be spammed all over the internet, so that NO ONE ever need think about hymens again!
09/23/2011
AshMegYo AshMegYo
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
Yes, I am almost like 100% positive that I'm going to get awful feedback for asking this. It sounds very childish. I thought this would make a good topic because my sister admitted to me that she isn't a virgin, but she swears her vagina ... More
I was always told that if you go a certain amount of time without sexual activity it can "close" back up, but whether that is true or not, I don't know.
10/10/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
It's more that you lose muscle tone and the muscles tighten up do to atrophy if you do nothing with them, then when a penis or other object is inserted it forces them to stretch, causing discomfort. That's also what causes most of the discomfort in most instances of "first time" sex... At least, that's what I read in several places when I was looking for information on first time sex.
10/10/2011
Elnoa Elnoa
Quote:
Originally posted by AshMegYo
I was always told that if you go a certain amount of time without sexual activity it can "close" back up, but whether that is true or not, I don't know.
Who tells you these things???
10/11/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
I can certainly FEEL that way, but it is not possible for the hymen to regrow and close without surgury.
10/11/2011
arewehavingfun? arewehavingfun?
No, a vagina can not close. In fact, a healthy girl is born with her vagina open and covered, partially or (rarely) fully by the hymen.

Having said that, a distant aquaintance, had a very large tumor (non cancerous) in her colon that had pushed into her vagina, making penetration impossible. She also develoved a fistula (pretty much a "tunnel") from the colon to the vagina (UCH!!!! You know what ended up in her vagina).

The end of the story is she had surgery to remove the tumor, close the fistula, get a stoma on her side because they removed so much colon) and nows she wears a bag on her side to collect feces. She is recvering well.

Her doc says that after healing (about 6--8 weeks) and when she feels ready, she should have no problems with penetrative sex.
10/11/2011
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by arewehavingfun?
No, a vagina can not close. In fact, a healthy girl is born with her vagina open and covered, partially or (rarely) fully by the hymen.

Having said that, a distant aquaintance, had a very large tumor (non cancerous) in her colon that had ... More
That sounds really really painful I hope she is better now.
12/04/2011
Raizer911 Raizer911
I don't know but you can have your hymen surgically replaced, well not surgery but with the careful creation of a blood clot and a lot of hormone therapy. The born again Christians love this kind of cr@p.
05/09/2012
Allison.Wilder Allison.Wilder
Quote:
Originally posted by Peggi


Kidding Now that I have gotten that out of my system...

The answer is no, your vagina can't actually close, however it can become tight if you are new to sex and/or haven't had it in a while. During sex, the hyman is torn, ... More
Yeah, that. ^^^^
05/20/2012
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 18