Homophobia

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Homophobia

Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
I just watched This and was crying before the girl made it out the door. There are so many horrible horrible things in the world, I just DON"T get how people can be the ones who subject their children to them, and how they can get away with teaching their kids to be so hateful. It makes me sad, angry, and sick to my stomach.


It also makes me feel incredibly greatful for having such understanding and open minded parents.


If you have any thoughts or other videos or PSA's you would like to share PLEASE DO.
03/28/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
I really want people to contribute to this, so I am going to bump it up.
03/29/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I don't get it either. For as long as I can remember my family has been open and honest and accepting people for who they are. It wasn't until I was almost out of high school that I figured out that people did these kinds of things to each other each and every day, for something as silly as who a person chooses to be with. I've gone off on long rants to friends who have told me that a person can't be bisexual, they're just being selfish or they just can't make up their mind.

I cried watching this, because all I wanted to do was give that girl a hug and tell her that everything would be alright. It made me so terribly sad and angry to see how many kids get treated that way because of something that wasn't their choice to make.
03/29/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
This is very well done video.
03/29/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I don't get it either. For as long as I can remember my family has been open and honest and accepting people for who they are. It wasn't until I was almost out of high school that I figured out that people did these kinds of things to each ...
It makes me want to find money to donate to, or open a shelter that caters exclusively to gay teens who have been forced out of their homes.



@ Sam, People are stupid, during a discussion on sexuality in my english media class one of my classmates declared that it didn't matter because there were no gays or bisexuals in the school.... WRONG I knew at least 7. (those were just people I happened to know too)
03/29/2011
Ansley Ansley
I've never experienced something such as this but my sister and mother still refuse to acknowledge that I did in fact have a relationship with a girl when I was in high school.

I don't tell my family anything about my life anymore. If sending my sister a picture of a reply to one of my texts because she refused to use her phone to send me a picture of one of her animals illicits a "you're weird" comment from her, I'd hate to know what she thought about the rest of my personality. I just stay away from her.

It's never going to be easy to go against the norms of a family or society but if it's something you want, no one should ever stand in your way. (Within reason of course. No one is allowed to dangle babies from balconies or use a position of authority to corrupt a child, but we aren't talking about that.)

I just keep to myself and say "fuck 'em if they can't take a joke".
03/29/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
I don't know if I can watch it. I have a friend who was kicked out for being gay. I'm assuming that is what this is about?

It makes me so angry. People who identify as GLBT as so common in my life and in my children's lives that I can't even imagine why people don't understand that it's just part of being human. And being tolerant.
03/29/2011
BadassFatass BadassFatass
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
It makes me want to find money to donate to, or open a shelter that caters exclusively to gay teens who have been forced out of their homes.







@ Sam, People are stupid, during a discussion on sexuality in my english media ...
I have a friend who does a lot of work/activism in the Boston area. I know he is trying to get a shelter/safe space for GLBTQ teens in motion. If he gets things off the ground I am sure they will need donations. It's just in the planning stages right now but if you like I can keep you posted.
03/29/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by BadassFatass
I have a friend who does a lot of work/activism in the Boston area. I know he is trying to get a shelter/safe space for GLBTQ teens in motion. If he gets things off the ground I am sure they will need donations. It's just in the planning stages ...
Well I don't have any money, but I would love to know how its coming along, maybe I can find some boston folk who will donate
03/29/2011
BadassFatass BadassFatass
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
Well I don't have any money, but I would love to know how its coming along, maybe I can find some boston folk who will donate
I'll keep an eye out for info from him. =)
03/29/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
I hope they got an A from their film teacher! That included a lot of stats that I had never heard of. Thanks for the link!
03/29/2011
racoons racoons
Thanks for the link!
03/29/2011
Envy Envy
It really is sad, and I know if I had ended up gay and not straight, I, too, would be of those kicked out as my family is not okay with it at all.

Sadly that's just how some close-minded parents are, and it's disgusting.
03/29/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
It is a very sad and very real truth unfortunately.

Thankfully my daughter is raised with a very open mind so she can be the girl that hugs the girl in the video at school.
03/29/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
It is a very sad and very real truth unfortunately.



Thankfully my daughter is raised with a very open mind so she can be the girl that hugs the girl in the video at school.
Same. It is INTOLERANCE that will not be allowed in my home. It will not be taught by me, not be communicated by others, and will be discouraged if my children learn it elsewhere. People are people, but they are not the SAME person, and should not be expected to behave as such.
03/29/2011
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 10