Deathly Hallows Part 1

BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Who went? Who is planning on going? Did you enjoy it?

**Caution, there may be spoilers...
11/19/2010
  • Save 60% on 3 item set
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Save 60% on 3 item set for him

    • Crystal Pussy
    • Beginner silicone p-spot massager
    • Eden vibrating ring
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for her

    • Compact Mini G
    • Single Kegel Ball
    • Waterproof nubby rabbit
    Save 60% when buying in a set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for couples

    • Passionate wrists cuffs
    • Luxury fetish passionate eye mask
    • Eden 20 function remote bullet
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 8pm ET Terms

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Cyn and I are going this weekend dressing as Stormtroopers...no not really

My roomie is a DIEHARD HP fan and went to see it last night. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it yet though. The first two (?) movies I didn't see in the theater, the rest I have.
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Cyn and I are going this weekend dressing as Stormtroopers...no not really

My roomie is a DIEHARD HP fan and went to see it last night. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it yet though. The first two (?) movies I didn't see ... More
It was surprisingly accurate. Some liberties, of course, but for the most part, they did a good job.
11/19/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Plan to! I am in the middle of bumble fuck right now and so I am waiting to go back to my Chicago home where I can see it on Imax good and proper!
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Plan to! I am in the middle of bumble fuck right now and so I am waiting to go back to my Chicago home where I can see it on Imax good and proper!
I got to see it in XD (Century's version of "IMAX" w/ wall-to-wall screen and "super HD") It was stunning!

Oh... and Daniel Radcliffe is shirtless... he needs some manscaping, but otherwise.... *whistle*... yeah.
11/19/2010
DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO
I went to the midnight release here with my sister. I felt like it did a great jobc condensing in most of the important details and setting up for Part 2. Gotta go see it again with my husband on his next day off.
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO
I went to the midnight release here with my sister. I felt like it did a great jobc condensing in most of the important details and setting up for Part 2. Gotta go see it again with my husband on his next day off.
I did too! I thought they did a fantastic job. Very little that is crucial was left out. They took a few liberties but nothing major, I thought. It has been a few years since I read the book though.
11/19/2010
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
There was a screener here for it the other day, I wanted to go but I had no one to watch the kids!
11/19/2010
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO
I went to the midnight release here with my sister. I felt like it did a great jobc condensing in most of the important details and setting up for Part 2. Gotta go see it again with my husband on his next day off.
*Jealous*
11/19/2010
DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I did too! I thought they did a fantastic job. Very little that is crucial was left out. They took a few liberties but nothing major, I thought. It has been a few years since I read the book though.
I don't think we can gauge what's been left out yet, considering Part 2 comes out in 8 months.
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO
I don't think we can gauge what's been left out yet, considering Part 2 comes out in 8 months.
I meant up to that point of the book. Of course things are left out and I'm SUPER EXCITED about the 2nd half... but everything to that point of the book seemed to be right on target. A few omissions but nothing crucial.
11/19/2010
gone77 gone77
Truth be told, I have never read the books and I don't think I've seen one of the movies all the way through. However, I've enjoyed what I have seen and I'd love to see this one as well as the others. One of these days I plan on doing just that.
11/19/2010
Red Vinyl Kitty Red Vinyl Kitty
My husband and me LOVE Harry Potter. I am going with him in a couple of hours wearing my cloak and Gryffindor socks! Silly, yeah.. But fun.
11/19/2010
Viktor Vysheslav Malkin Viktor Vysheslav Malkin
Emma Watson makes me feel so old.. and well a few other emotions... We are almost the same age. Grew watching these movies.

Anyway... Down the the Ron\Hermione thing, gotta say it, sorry to those who love it. I haven't really read from 6 and on. I have what I think should happen in my head and well, don't wanna spoil it
11/19/2010
PassionQT PassionQT
We are probably going this Sunday. Even though critics haven't given it the best reviews, we are still going, we HAVE to! Screw the critics.
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionQT
We are probably going this Sunday. Even though critics haven't given it the best reviews, we are still going, we HAVE to! Screw the critics.
If you're a fan of the books, you will LOVE the movie. Screw the critics, they probably haven't read the books.
11/19/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
So who has gone this weekend? What'd you think?
11/21/2010
Miss Morphine Miss Morphine
I enjoyed the film and I think that the cut off point for a transition to part 2 was good. I don't think I picked the best time to go though. There were lots of parents with small children in the showing I attended and there were lots of parents that left with those children during the scene at Godric's Hollow and several others disappeared during the torture scene. Did anyone else get teary-eyed when Dobby died? Overall the structure of the book was maintained and there were enough light- hearted/funny moments (Fleur pollyjuiced as harry was giggleworthy) to balance the dark.
11/22/2010
the bedroom blogger the bedroom blogger
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Morphine
I enjoyed the film and I think that the cut off point for a transition to part 2 was good. I don't think I picked the best time to go though. There were lots of parents with small children in the showing I attended and there were lots of parents ... More
I bawled my eyes out.

Also, I don't get parents taking small children...these movies (especially the last few) are not super kid friendly.

I laughed so hard during the tent scene when Ron Gives Harry the wand he got off of the snatchers and Harry tests it out on the flame. I almost peed...too funny.
11/22/2010
Trashley Trashley
RIP Dobby :[
11/22/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by gone77
Truth be told, I have never read the books and I don't think I've seen one of the movies all the way through. However, I've enjoyed what I have seen and I'd love to see this one as well as the others. One of these days I plan on doing just that.
It's honestly not my thing.
11/22/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Morphine
I enjoyed the film and I think that the cut off point for a transition to part 2 was good. I don't think I picked the best time to go though. There were lots of parents with small children in the showing I attended and there were lots of parents ... More
I got teary a lot, but didn't flat out cry. (OMG... Fleur as Harry was AWESOME!) There were some really great funny moments and really great dramatic moments. I think they did an awesome job with interpreting this book. I really really felt they maintained the integrity of the story. Really. The part that really teared me up was when Harry danced with Hermione. To my recollection, that's not in the book, but it was such a sweet moment reminding us of the things we do to make our friends feel better. It was really bittersweet because the dancing was ATROCIOUS!
11/22/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
My favorite line from the movie was said by Ron: "It's nothing special, just 10 inches". I wouldn't have even picked up on it if it wasn't for my room mate pointing it out.

I wasn't sad to see Dobby go...Dobby's story was lost when they didn't mention S.P.E.W in the Goblet of Fire.

What about Ron's vision of Harry and Hermione?
11/22/2010
Sbear89 Sbear89
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Who went? Who is planning on going? Did you enjoy it?

**Caution, there may be spoilers...
I went!! And loved it! Me and my mom were schedualed to do the Harry Potter Adventure but when we got there we found out that it had been CANCELED..BOOO. There was a part near the end that I cried. Can't ait till July when the last part comes out!
11/22/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
My favorite line from the movie was said by Ron: "It's nothing special, just 10 inches". I wouldn't have even picked up on it if it wasn't for my room mate pointing it out.

I wasn't sad to see Dobby go...Dobby's ... More
That was a hot little vision, I'll admit! But if you read the books, you know what happens between everyone romantically, so it could have been slightly less steamy to get the job done.
11/22/2010
00 00
Hubby and I saw it this past weekend. It was pretty good and answered some questions and raised many more.
11/22/2010
CanMan CanMan
O i cant wait...
11/22/2010
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by 00
Hubby and I saw it this past weekend. It was pretty good and answered some questions and raised many more.
you haven't read the books at all, have you?
11/22/2010
StrawberryEve StrawberryEve
I just went yesterday. I've read every book (at least twice) and my family has the tradition of whenever a new movie comes out, we all see it together than analyze the bajeezus out of it. Both myself and my mom are completely pumped for the next one, but she didn't really like the vision of Harry and Hermione that Ron had. She's a bit....okay a lot more conservative about that sort of thing than I am.
11/23/2010
the bedroom blogger the bedroom blogger
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
My favorite line from the movie was said by Ron: "It's nothing special, just 10 inches". I wouldn't have even picked up on it if it wasn't for my room mate pointing it out.

I wasn't sad to see Dobby go...Dobby's ... More
I was a little creeped out by Ron's vision. Not only did they look like wax figures, I think the fact that I've watched them in these movies since they were eleven made me feel a little pervy.
11/23/2010
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 42
Unique posters: 24