Downloading updates for games

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Downloading updates for games

Falsepast Falsepast
I have Battlefield 3, and it needs an update to a later version for me to play online. The update is free, however, will take me 4 and a half hours to download. I refuse to leave my PS3 on for 4 & 1/2 hours just for an update.

I can not download it in the background or stop the download and continue it later.

Does anyone know of any other ways to download updates for games like this without having to do it in one go, or without waiting so long?

PS I'm on a contract with my internet provider and don't have the $ to update my internet to faster speeds. I usually go at 70 kb/s on a clear connection. Good enough to play online, just not to download things quickly.
06/02/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Falsepast
I have Battlefield 3, and it needs an update to a later version for me to play online. The update is free, however, will take me 4 and a half hours to download. I refuse to leave my PS3 on for 4 & 1/2 hours just for an update.

I can not ...
I'm told you can login to the PSN network on a computer, download it there, then transfer the file to a a drive that can plug into the PS3's USB. I don't know if it's true since I haven't had a download issue force me to seek out an alternative.
06/02/2012
Selene Selene
The PSNetwork is the reason I don't own a PS3, such a POS update requirement thing.
06/03/2012
Falsepast Falsepast
Quote:
Originally posted by Selene
The PSNetwork is the reason I don't own a PS3, such a POS update requirement thing.
It's pretty much for every game though. Not just PS games.
06/03/2012
Falsepast Falsepast
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I'm told you can login to the PSN network on a computer, download it there, then transfer the file to a a drive that can plug into the PS3's USB. I don't know if it's true since I haven't had a download issue force me to seek out an alternative.
I'll try that. Thanks.
06/03/2012
FHeemz FHeemz
Quote:
Originally posted by Selene
The PSNetwork is the reason I don't own a PS3, such a POS update requirement thing.
My buddy runs into problems with them all the time, yet he still swears by them... almost as bad as a mac fanboy. haha, I dont understand it.
06/04/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by FHeemz
My buddy runs into problems with them all the time, yet he still swears by them... almost as bad as a mac fanboy. haha, I dont understand it.
If other gaming consoles didn't require the same things (updates, logins, points, etc.) I could see people abandoning the PS3, but since they all require these things from time to time, it comes down to what system offers the interface, features and content that you like.
06/04/2012
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 4