Have you heard about the Zombie Apocalypse happening down in Florida?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Have you heard about the Zombie Apocalypse happening down in Florida?

Do emu Do emu
Yes, you heard me. The zombie apocalypse has begun! And it started in Miami, Florida during Memorial Day Weekend when a man attacked another man and ate his face off.

DISCUSS. If you lived in Florida, would you want to leave? One witness of the attack is considering leaving because of what he saw. THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING TO EAT YOUR FACES OFF.

Okay, this wasn't an actual zombie attack, but someone has put together a curious series of events that have been taking place in southeast America.

Read about this event and more at my blog, if you want!
05/30/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Eh, Miami hasn't changed much since I lived in the area back in the early 90's. At least a machete and a goat weren't involved this time.

My area of Florida would have to worry about Redneck Zombies: "Beeeeeeeeeeeerrrr ... "
05/30/2012
gypsymama gypsymama
Awwwww, I miss Florida, lol!!!! I'll be back home in 3 months, look out zombies!!!
05/30/2012
wetone123 wetone123
I heard and saw the news report. Totally grossed me out. What was wrong with that man? And he growled at police! Why didn't he stop after he was shot? Took a lot of shots to stop him. Was the fatal one a head shot? Spooky
05/30/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by wetone123
I heard and saw the news report. Totally grossed me out. What was wrong with that man? And he growled at police! Why didn't he stop after he was shot? Took a lot of shots to stop him. Was the fatal one a head shot? Spooky
Maybe some PCP! That stuff makes you superman.
05/30/2012
Khanner Khanner
I read that tumblr post. People are always gonna just snap and start biting/killing eachother (especially in Florida), it's the rash stories that are creepy to me.
05/30/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
Haha interesting twist on the story.
05/30/2012
namelesschaos namelesschaos
Some how I always knew it would start here... a well time to get the armaments
05/30/2012
Deeder Deeder
Time to stock up on twinkies!
05/30/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Hahaha, this would really be an awesome speculative fiction movie with all of the information you've compiled.
05/31/2012
GONE! GONE!
Yep. My personal theory based on all the weird stuff going on in the area is that someone is selling some particularly messed up mix of drugs over there, maybe something laced with PCP that people are taking way too much of. I wouldn't bother to leave if I was there but I wouldn't go into crowded areas for a while.
05/31/2012
K101 K101
Quote:
Originally posted by Do emu
Yes, you heard me. The zombie apocalypse has begun! And it started in Miami, Florida during Memorial Day Weekend when a man attacked another man and ate his face off.

DISCUSS. If you lived in Florida, would you want to leave? One witness of ...
I read about that yesterday, but holy F! Zombie Apocalypse?! I didn't relate the two and didn't believe in the whole "zombie" thing.
05/31/2012
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
I freaked out about zombies after hearing about this story. Jeez! I'm not ready for zombies. lol.

Just think, whatever drugs he was on made him THAT crazy. That's scary how messed up his brain was. -shivers-
05/31/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
I have to show my boyfriend! This is messed up!
05/31/2012
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Quote:
Originally posted by GONE!
Yep. My personal theory based on all the weird stuff going on in the area is that someone is selling some particularly messed up mix of drugs over there, maybe something laced with PCP that people are taking way too much of. I wouldn't bother to ...
Miami is pretty much the Drug Capital of Florida (possibly all of the South). Crazy shit on this sort of level has been happening there for years.

Although the face eating is new. Probably part of the younger generation that grew up on the zombie-apocalypse culture and is ingrained in the subconscious.
05/31/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by wetone123
I heard and saw the news report. Totally grossed me out. What was wrong with that man? And he growled at police! Why didn't he stop after he was shot? Took a lot of shots to stop him. Was the fatal one a head shot? Spooky
I was just going to say, same as Beck. Sounds like PCP. That shit can really fuck people up and they don't feel pain and do clinically insane things. Working ER years ago, I'd see them break out of 5 point restraints, running down the hall, with the gurney still half attached to them. And it's difficult to sedate them, Valium and drugs in that family usually agitate them more. It's a scary drug. Always scary for the staff when a Dust Head would be brought in in Rage Mode. Weird, as other people would come in on Dust, and just sit there, basically frozen, just staring at their hands or something that wasn't there. There's no way to predict what it's going to do from dose to dose, even in the same person.

My middle daughter came in yesterday and was talking about this, "Some dude ate an other dude's face off. I don't think he's really a zombie. Probably on PCP. But, some of my friends think it's the Apocalypse. You don't think it is, do you?" OK, she hangs around with a lot of late teen- early 20s guys and they talk about the Zombie Apocalypse a LOT.

"No, honey, he's not a zombie. Zombies aren't real. He's just a crazy person on bad dope." (This is the one in Grad School. Very smart girl, but kind of naive about stuff.)
05/31/2012
digit88 digit88
Quote:
Originally posted by Do emu
Yes, you heard me. The zombie apocalypse has begun! And it started in Miami, Florida during Memorial Day Weekend when a man attacked another man and ate his face off.

DISCUSS. If you lived in Florida, would you want to leave? One witness of ...
eh, it just means time to reload and wait.
05/31/2012
booboo111926 booboo111926
That is so scary! I wouldn't leave though. There are crazy people everywhere.
05/31/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
I just read some reports that they think (it's a guess as of course, the toxicology hasn't come back yet) the guy was on something called "bath salts." It's a type of amphetamine analogue, very popular in the UK and Europe, and is fairly new in the USA. It's called Mephedrone.

Sadly, this stuff has been found in nearly 60% of all pills which are claimed to be MDMA.

This is what happens when things become illegal. *sigh* Scary substitutions.
05/31/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I was just going to say, same as Beck. Sounds like PCP. That shit can really fuck people up and they don't feel pain and do clinically insane things. Working ER years ago, I'd see them break out of 5 point restraints, running down the hall, ...
There was a guy in our area who was on some PCP. He was out int he parking lot of the local grocery store when he heard God talking to him. God told him to go pick up his friend from inside the store. So, he started the car and plowed right through the door and was driving through the store. Luckily, he didn't hurt anyone.

I've also seen the people who just stare off into space. They are like empty headed on that stuff, but then some people really freak out.

This guy sounds like he had some kind of drug. My hubby was telling me maybe it's the bath salts. Those will make you stay away for days like meth will. So, if he was up for days then that would make him strange.

A friend of my hubbies was doing those bath salts and stayed up for too many days. He ended up in the psych floor for a few days. We had a problem here in our area with them. The hospital was having people come in freaking out.
05/31/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I just read some reports that they think (it's a guess as of course, the toxicology hasn't come back yet) the guy was on something called "bath salts." It's a type of amphetamine analogue, very popular in the UK and Europe, and ...
Oh great, now I won't be able to say, "I'm going to go get some bath salts," without someone thinking I'm a drug addict. Fuckin' zombies, always ruining everything!
05/31/2012
Maximusx Maximusx
I heard of the one that got killed eating the homeless guys face, but none of the others! WOW! People are crazy now!
05/31/2012
Maximusx Maximusx
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I just read some reports that they think (it's a guess as of course, the toxicology hasn't come back yet) the guy was on something called "bath salts." It's a type of amphetamine analogue, very popular in the UK and Europe, and ...
Ugh...drugs ruin EVERYTHING :/
05/31/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
There was a guy in our area who was on some PCP. He was out int he parking lot of the local grocery store when he heard God talking to him. God told him to go pick up his friend from inside the store. So, he started the car and plowed right through ...
Yeah, these amphetamine based drugs, as well as drugs that were supposed to be used as anesthetics (PCP) can cause short term or even trigger long term psychosis. The person usually has a predisposition to it, but it's scary to see them.
05/31/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Rin (aka Nire)
Oh great, now I won't be able to say, "I'm going to go get some bath salts," without someone thinking I'm a drug addict. Fuckin' zombies, always ruining everything!
I LOVE real bath salts, like y'know, the DONA ones and even Epsom salts. Damn zombies...


I do think the chain saw is a good weapon to use against them, but you do have to wait until they get really close. A big GUN is better.
05/31/2012
StarFire StarFire
I heard about this the other day and saw the pic of the victim omg!!! one of my friends had a great idea to deal w zombies just surround you house with treed mills
05/31/2012
Errant Venture Errant Venture
Blimey! I haven't heard about these before, but it's certainly quite interesting. I don't think it's zombies (as an aside, zombies are a real thing, though not as Hollywood portrays them. They're not violent or cannibalistic. Google Haitian Zombies). I haven't read these stories yet to guess what could be the reason, but PCP sounds good. That or simple human insanity.
06/01/2012
Do emu Do emu
Apparently some people have been having fun turning this into a spoof.

Don't worry, it's not real.
06/01/2012
Sundae Sparkles Sundae Sparkles
its bath salts not pcp its even worse... IT hit Maine very hard in 2010 it was still legal then... It is Just getting to upstate new york... Not very fun to work in the ED when youve got people on this stuff

link
06/03/2012
roskat roskat
I read about this. The mental image was quite gruesome. Drugs, man...
06/03/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 34
Unique posters: 26