What recent movie really "wowed" you?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

What recent movie really "wowed" you?

Bignuf Bignuf
I am going to have a week off, and because of a minor surgery, won't have much to do but sit around, or go to the movies. I might make it a week long popcorn and movie extravaganza, if I can decide what to go see.

Any suggestions?
11/10/2014
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
I am going to have a week off, and because of a minor surgery, won't have much to do but sit around, or go to the movies. I might make it a week long popcorn and movie extravaganza, if I can decide what to go see.

Any suggestions?
no wonder you have extra time. glad to hear you are taking it easy. Only movie we saw this yr was "Gone Girl". I hear new Hunger Games is coming out though. Hope it will be better than "Catching on Fire".
11/10/2014
RonLee RonLee
We say "Fury" recently and we both thought it was very well done.
(it's still a movie though, certainly not a documentary)
I would if possible, try and get ahold of nearly anything by Ken Burns, the fellow who makes documentaries for PBS. His most recent being "The Roosevelts", that one is definitely a must see.
11/11/2014
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
no wonder you have extra time. glad to hear you are taking it easy. Only movie we saw this yr was "Gone Girl". I hear new Hunger Games is coming out though. Hope it will be better than "Catching on Fire".
We saw Gone Girl. Wow, a great movie. I didn't read the Hunger Games, but my daughter liked the books. That might be worth a watch. Thanks.
11/11/2014
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
We say "Fury" recently and we both thought it was very well done.
(it's still a movie though, certainly not a documentary)
I would if possible, try and get ahold of nearly anything by Ken Burns, the fellow who makes ...
Thanks for some great ideas!
11/11/2014
CS2012 CS2012
Maleficent is a fantastic movie. I am wanting to buy the DVD. I personally can't stand Angelina Jolie but I have to be fair and say she was the perfect choice for Maleficent. I saw it in the theaters on opening night.
11/24/2014
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
Anyone seen the latest "Hunger Games " movie just out last weekend ?
11/24/2014
KittiezToyz KittiezToyz
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
Anyone seen the latest "Hunger Games " movie just out last weekend ?
I too am curious about this. I am thinking of possibly going tomorrow to see it.

I have read the trilogy and seen the first movie. I do prefer the books more, always do when they make movies from books. They like to leave the good details out.
11/26/2014
KittiezToyz KittiezToyz
Quote:
Originally posted by CS2012
Maleficent is a fantastic movie. I am wanting to buy the DVD. I personally can't stand Angelina Jolie but I have to be fair and say she was the perfect choice for Maleficent. I saw it in the theaters on opening night.
I had planned on going and seeing this. Never made it, life got crazy busy & I wasn't sure about Angelina's role but after seeing your reply I am more inclined to make the DVD purchase.
11/26/2014
CS2012 CS2012
Quote:
Originally posted by KittiezToyz
I had planned on going and seeing this. Never made it, life got crazy busy & I wasn't sure about Angelina's role but after seeing your reply I am more inclined to make the DVD purchase.
If you buy it you will be happy you did. It is fantastic from the beginning to the end. I thought I knew what would happen all I will say is I was very wrong. I love everything about this movie.
11/29/2014
Inquisitor Inquisitor
I saw half of "Gravity" and was impressed. Remember its only a movie but, from what little I know of space exploration, it seems like a bad day.
02/02/2015
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 6