BAD Horror Movies

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

BAD Horror Movies

Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Thanks to reading Domineight's Favorite Horror Movie Thread a few times lately, and a dvd I rented on Saturday night, I'd like to start the opposite thread. What are the WORST (cheesiest, stupidest, or just too gross - if you think there is such a thing) horror movies you've seen.

The movie I watched on Saturday was Jennifer's Body. I don't even know where to begin on it.

FearDotCom, Blair Witch Project (and sequel), and the remake of the Wicker Man (I adore the original) would also top my list.
06/23/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
Thanks to reading Domineight's Favorite Horror Movie Thread a few times lately, and a dvd I rented on Saturday night, I'd like to start the opposite thread. What are the WORST (cheesiest, stupidest, or just too gross - if you think there is ...
I agree with your list!

I can't really think of a 'worst' movie but I really hated the second TCM. It was so desperately and bad. It just ruined everything that was so great about the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which is my all time favorite).
06/23/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I agree with your list!

I can't really think of a 'worst' movie but I really hated the second TCM. It was so desperately and bad. It just ruined everything that was so great about the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which is my all time favorite).
I definitely agree on TCM2...but I DO like TCM: Next Generation. It was enjoyably twisted
06/23/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I liked the first Blair Witch. The sequel was eh.

I actually would put House of 1000 corpses in this category.

What about Critters or Ghoulies?
06/23/2010
♥ Amanda ♥ ♥ Amanda ♥
I am a horror film lover! They are my fav... but when Hostel came out.. omg.. fucking gross man. I didn't even finish it, didn't care. And I never bothered to watch the second one either.
06/23/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ♥ Amanda ♥
I am a horror film lover! They are my fav... but when Hostel came out.. omg.. fucking gross man. I didn't even finish it, didn't care. And I never bothered to watch the second one either.
Hostel was bad. Once I got to the second half I think they were just trying to shock you with the amount of gore they could cram into such a small time frame. Definitely not worth watching again.
06/23/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Hostel was bad. Once I got to the second half I think they were just trying to shock you with the amount of gore they could cram into such a small time frame. Definitely not worth watching again.
That was pretty much my take on all the Saw movies too
06/23/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
That was pretty much my take on all the Saw movies too
Lol, I only saw part of like, the second one I think, and that was cuz my sister put it on while I was stuck on the couch working on something.
06/23/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
Thanks to reading Domineight's Favorite Horror Movie Thread a few times lately, and a dvd I rented on Saturday night, I'd like to start the opposite thread. What are the WORST (cheesiest, stupidest, or just too gross - if you think there is ...
"It's Alive!" from the sixties. It was on IFC a few months ago and I watched it with my dad. It is HILARIOUS! It's about a crazy redneck who captures tourists and hides them in his basement/cave with a "monster". The acting is nonexistent and you can see the rubber flippers and zippers on the damn costume of the monster. It's a horrible horror movie but GOD I love watching it! Cracks me up!
06/23/2010
Sammi Sammi
Four words : Weasels Rip My Flesh
So bad, it's bad - no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Others I'd call bad are the American versions of any Japanese horror movie (with a slight exception for The Ring, which was passable), and the Blair Witch Project,

Critters (the first one, anyways) was kind of funny.

Hostel I didn't like, mostly because I went into it thinking it was Quentin Tarrantino, not QT Presents, so I was expecting something very different. The sequel was worse, I think.
06/23/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Also, ANYTHING that is a Syfy Original Picture.

Seriously, Syfy could save a LOT of money by not producing some of the WORST movies. Maybe they're gearing up for the return of MST3K?
06/23/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Also, ANYTHING that is a Syfy Original Picture.

Seriously, Syfy could save a LOT of money by not producing some of the WORST movies. Maybe they're gearing up for the return of MST3K?
Well, that would be a good thing - I miss MST3K!
06/23/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
That was pretty much my take on all the Saw movies too
I was ok with the first, and maybe the second Saw movies...after that, I totally lost interest.
06/24/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Also, ANYTHING that is a Syfy Original Picture.

Seriously, Syfy could save a LOT of money by not producing some of the WORST movies. Maybe they're gearing up for the return of MST3K?
They had one one a couple weeks ago I got suckered into watching...about a priest who used to hang people in his cornfields as a sacrifice, and he was killed and his soul stayed in the cornfields and the people that lived there continued to work 'for' him in turning visitors into scarecrows based on his prophecy. It was bizarre...and not all that scary although I know they meant for it to be.
06/24/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I liked the first Blair Witch. The sequel was eh.

I actually would put House of 1000 corpses in this category.

What about Critters or Ghoulies?
House of a 1,000 corpses had a few cool elements, but it was HORRIBLE! There are people out there with no connection, no money, no formal training making original movies. Rob Zombie has every advantage, and the best he can do is just steal ideas from great movies and ruin them.
06/24/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
House of a 1,000 corpses had a few cool elements, but it was HORRIBLE! There are people out there with no connection, no money, no formal training making original movies. Rob Zombie has every advantage, and the best he can do is just steal ideas from ...
It was more of "paying tribute".

There was actually a good scary/mystery movie that had David Karuso (sp) from CSI: Miami that took place at Waverly Hills Sanitarium. It actually wasn't bad.

I think it was Waverly. It was the sanitarium that Ghost Hunters went to that had the body chute.
06/25/2010
Maiden Maiden
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
"It's Alive!" from the sixties. It was on IFC a few months ago and I watched it with my dad. It is HILARIOUS! It's about a crazy redneck who captures tourists and hides them in his basement/cave with a "monster". The ...
Saw that on IFC too! Loved it!
06/25/2010
Maiden Maiden
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
It was more of "paying tribute".

There was actually a good scary/mystery movie that had David Karuso (sp) from CSI: Miami that took place at Waverly Hills Sanitarium. It actually wasn't bad.

I think it was Waverly. It ...
OMG... I was going to list "Death Tunnel" if this is the one you are referring to. I don't know that actor you mentioned, so maybe I am wrong, I'll have to look it up. If this IS the movie you are talking about... HORRIBLE. I LOVE horror movies, the cheesier the better... and I HATED this one. It was literally the first movie I thought of when I saw this thread. The only thing that made it watchable for me were the naked tits!

Maybe it was because I live here in Louisville, KY and knew that most of the "history" they used was fake. I mean the history of Waverly Hills is really frightening and interesting all on its own. They could have used real back stories about real people or real history to make that movie scary, but instead tried too hard, made up some shit and it ruined it for me. The premise was good, but the execution was ridiculous and over the top. Sometimes that can make a movie funny and still enjoyable for me, but this was not the case with this movie. I couldn't sit through it all the first time and only watched it again because my man wanted to see it. The only reason he watched the whole thing is that he has some weird thing that he has to finish every horror movie that he starts. lol
06/25/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Also, ANYTHING that is a Syfy Original Picture.

Seriously, Syfy could save a LOT of money by not producing some of the WORST movies. Maybe they're gearing up for the return of MST3K?
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus is a classic! I love it when Syfy runs marathons of these cheeseball movies.
06/25/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus is a classic! I love it when Syfy runs marathons of these cheeseball movies.
Isn't that the one where the Mega Shark leaps from the ocean and eats the airplane? Truly hysterical
06/25/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
How about Peter Benchley's (spelling?) The Beast? Anybody see that on TV ages ago?
06/28/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
Isn't that the one where the Mega Shark leaps from the ocean and eats the airplane? Truly hysterical
I love it! Plus it stars Tiffany! Gotta love the 80s throwback...or was it Debbie Gibson? Same thing.
06/30/2010
Blinker Blinker
Speaking of bad horror movies, never let anyone talk you into watching Cannibal Holocaust. If you haven't heard of it, look it up. It's disgusting. People still think it's a snuff film...I watched maybe 30 minutes of it, and didn't mind it until they started killing animals.

They actually kill and torture animals. It made me sick to my stomach that this was even allowed. It's just a disgusting film that should be banned for the animal cruelty.
06/30/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I love it! Plus it stars Tiffany! Gotta love the 80s throwback...or was it Debbie Gibson? Same thing.
I think it was (snicker) Deborah Gibson. Everyone's gotta grow up sometime!
06/30/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Speaking of bad horror movies, never let anyone talk you into watching Cannibal Holocaust. If you haven't heard of it, look it up. It's disgusting. People still think it's a snuff film...I watched maybe 30 minutes of it, and didn't ...
Cannibal Holocaust was actually covered in my film classes at college.

I would NEVER watch this movie because I have a weak stomach and a hyper-active imagination. Heck, I felt bad after watching "Very Bad Things".
06/30/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Cannibal Holocaust was actually covered in my film classes at college.

I would NEVER watch this movie because I have a weak stomach and a hyper-active imagination. Heck, I felt bad after watching "Very Bad Things". ...
Ugh, it made me hysterically cry and wanna puke and attack the actors.

Very Bad Things is funny! Isn't it with Christian Slater?
06/30/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Cannibal Holocaust was actually covered in my film classes at college.

I would NEVER watch this movie because I have a weak stomach and a hyper-active imagination. Heck, I felt bad after watching "Very Bad Things". ...
Cannibal Holocaust is great! I am not sure if it the originator, but the formula from the Blair Witch Project could easily have been taken from this movie.

A film crew goes into the jungle (the movies alternate title I believe was Green Inferno), and are never seen again. Then another crew goes looking for them and finds their film footage. So a lot of the movie is watching the lost footage of the first crew.
06/30/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Cannibal Holocaust is great! I am not sure if it the originator, but the formula from the Blair Witch Project could easily have been taken from this movie.

A film crew goes into the jungle (the movies alternate title I believe was Green ...
I don't mind the movie itself (the impaling scene? SHIT.) but the animals...that's cruel.
06/30/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I don't mind the movie itself (the impaling scene? SHIT.) but the animals...that's cruel.
I actually own this on *cough* laserdisc. It came with a barf bag, among other things.

This was banned all over the place, but originally because it was believed to be a snuff film, where the actors were actually killed on camera and their deaths filmed for the movie.
06/30/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I actually own this on *cough* laserdisc. It came with a barf bag, among other things.

This was banned all over the place, but originally because it was believed to be a snuff film, where the actors were actually killed on camera and their ...
The director was actually arrested in Italy for making that movie! And I think it's still banned in the UK, if I'm not mistaken.
06/30/2010
Total posts: 81
Unique posters: 24