Are there any other crystals and minerals collectors around?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Are there any other crystals and minerals collectors around?

Rossie Rossie
Curious to know if there are other crystals and minerals collectors here, what kind do you have? Do you believe in their energies?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
I'm a crystals and minerals collector.
ToyTimeTim , GONE! , MistressDandelion , Hallmar82 , Sunshineamine
5
I'm not interested in them.
MissBre , DiamondKoala , MamaDivine , ViVix , powerandintent , Various , dhig , DeliciousSurprise
8
I have a large collection, and here's my list...
I only have a small collection, and here's my list...
GONE! , MistressDandelion , Sunshineamine , dv8
4
I believe in crystal energies.
ToyTimeTim , True Pleasures , DreamWolf , MistressDandelion , Various
5
I don't believe in crystal energies.
married with children , DiamondKoala , Ghost , powerandintent , dv8 , jjis123 , DeliciousSurprise
7
Other...
funluvinmama , DreamWolf , GONE! , js250 , Hallmar82 , LavenderSkies , Sci
7
Total votes: 36 (23 voters)
Poll is closed
03/30/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Yup, rock hound here. I was even a member of the Gem and Mineral Society of Colorado. Although I can not tell you the names of all of them (Started collecting during my early years when sex, DRUGS and rock and roll were the main focus). I have quite the collection, some I bought and some I dug up my self in the mountains of Colorado. In fact our living room is devoted to them, unicorns, wizards and dragons. Lots of clear and smokey Quarts, Malachite, Amethyst, Tiger Eye, Apache tears, Geodes, Garnet and a small ruby specimen I found at Ruby Mountain in Buena (sp?) Vista Colorado.

As far as energies, yes I believe they have some powers but I do not spend much effort on them. Use to many moons ago, in fact I still think it was a dragon/crystal pendant that brought me and the wife together.
03/30/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
My husband and I have an entire cabinet full and then some. We used to go to all the rock and gem shows, but funds have been a little tight lately. Since we've moved, all of our crystals and whatnot have been boxed up. It just doesn't feel the same without them out.
03/30/2012
funluvinmama funluvinmama
I have one small crystal that I found in the desert in Arizona. I would love to start a collection and buy more but most of them are just so expensive.
03/30/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
I intend to start to collect them again, to have a complete collection for healing and other stuff... ^^
03/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Yup, rock hound here. I was even a member of the Gem and Mineral Society of Colorado. Although I can not tell you the names of all of them (Started collecting during my early years when sex, DRUGS and rock and roll were the main focus). I have quite ...
Wow, that's really impressive! Wish you can take a picture and show us your collection! I only have a small collection of about forty, mostly Amethyst, Citrine, Quartz spheres and some others that I don't even remember the name of.
03/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
My husband and I have an entire cabinet full and then some. We used to go to all the rock and gem shows, but funds have been a little tight lately. Since we've moved, all of our crystals and whatnot have been boxed up. It just doesn't feel ...
You should find some time to get them back in display.
03/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by funluvinmama
I have one small crystal that I found in the desert in Arizona. I would love to start a collection and buy more but most of them are just so expensive.
If you start with smaller pieces and clusters, they're really not that expensive. I just bought a 2.75" tall natural color polished Citrine piece for forty dollars, which I think is a reasonable price.
03/30/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Wow, that's really impressive! Wish you can take a picture and show us your collection! I only have a small collection of about forty, mostly Amethyst, Citrine, Quartz spheres and some others that I don't even remember the name of.
I will see what I can do, I am planning to leave for a road trip so it may be few days.
03/30/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
If you start with smaller pieces and clusters, they're really not that expensive. I just bought a 2.75" tall natural color polished Citrine piece for forty dollars, which I think is a reasonable price.
Yup, best bet is to find a Gem and Mineral show and look there. Most of the time you can find great deals from the folks that sell them. Check your local Gem and Mineral Society and see when one will be in your area.
03/30/2012
married with children married with children
my kids collect rocks they find, does that count?
03/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Yup, best bet is to find a Gem and Mineral show and look there. Most of the time you can find great deals from the folks that sell them. Check your local Gem and Mineral Society and see when one will be in your area.
We do have those fairs every year, but I refrained myself from attending, I'll probably act like a little kid at the candy store and break the bank! I only stop by a small crystal shop at the Oregon coast, and I never come out empty-handed.
03/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
my kids collect rocks they find, does that count?
Gotta break them open and see if there's anything special inside!
03/30/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
my kids collect rocks they find, does that count?
Sure, that's how most of us start. A good friend of mine would take me camping to area's that had crystals/minerals and we would walk along and find neat looking rocks, a spray bottle with water will tell you how they would look if polished. He even had a cheap tumbler to polish our finds. Great for kids and adults too. The more you do it the more you find. Next thing you know you are finding semi-precious jems/stones and you are hooked. Great hobby and you may even make a few buck too.
03/31/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sure, that's how most of us start. A good friend of mine would take me camping to area's that had crystals/minerals and we would walk along and find neat looking rocks, a spray bottle with water will tell you how they would look if polished. ...
@MwC: After finding the perfect discovery spot with your sons, please let me know where that location is, so I can go digging too!
03/31/2012
GONE! GONE!
I collect a few here and there. I don't know if I believe in anything special about them yet. I like them and that's the most important thing to me.
03/31/2012
DiamondKoala DiamondKoala
I use to a little bit when I was younger, but not so much anymore. Personally I've never felt any strong beliefs towards crystal energy.
03/31/2012
js250 js250
I am a serious rock collector. Not necessarily crystals and minerals, but pretty ones. I am getting sooo many agates from where we go riding it is kind of funny.
03/31/2012
MistressDandelion MistressDandelion
I have a few crystals I got because of their powers, but I'm too lazy to translate their names from french so here is my very not interesting response.
03/31/2012
Hallmar82 Hallmar82
I have a large rock and mineral collection. Too many to list, but I did just buy some wulfenite for my sister's Christmas present.
03/31/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Curious to know if there are other crystals and minerals collectors here, what kind do you have? Do you believe in their energies?
My husband does, I don't much.
03/31/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallmar82
I have a large rock and mineral collection. Too many to list, but I did just buy some wulfenite for my sister's Christmas present.
Wulfenites are very beautiful crystals, are they the deep red ones from Arizona?
03/31/2012
LavenderSkies LavenderSkies
I don't, but would like to.
03/31/2012
Sunshineamine Sunshineamine
I've got a good amount. I have amethyst, jade, desert rose, clear and rose quartz, hematite, tiger's eye, amber, quite a few geodes and many others.
03/31/2012
Various Various
I don't collect them, but I believe they have energies.
03/31/2012
dhig dhig
i'd never heard of crystal energy before. interesting thread topic
03/31/2012
Total posts: 26
Unique posters: 16