Are you a jewelry person?

Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
This hasn't been asked in a while. So do you like it, wear it, like seeing it, hate it, won't wear it...something?

I'll start...

I LOVE jewelry, I always have, since I was a baby. Currently, I don't wear any unless I'm going out because most of the day I am in the house, *sigh* (I also stay in my sleep clothes if I can get away with it! But that's another topic.) I make jewelry! I never get tired of buying more! Perhaps I have problem (I have lots of those, hmmm), but I don't care. Now, I do not wear a ton when I wear it, but I can "pull off" quite the statement piece/set. My all time favorite jewelry is Indian! I love when they have all those layers of necklaces, earrings, hair pieces, toes, ankles, arms...ever see a traditionally decked out Indian bride? OMG! Amazing Don't get me started on the sarees! Basically, I love all ornament!
09/05/2013
  • Weekly Special: Sexy Savings
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Rossie Rossie
I don't like wearing jewelry much, but I do enjoy admiring beautiful pieces. The only jewelry I wear 24/7 is a pure 999 gold bracelet, the rest of my stuff is tucked away in a safe deposit box at my bank. I know the type of intricate Indian gold jewelry you're talking about, do you have a lot of those?
09/06/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
This hasn't been asked in a while. So do you like it, wear it, like seeing it, hate it, won't wear it...something?

I'll start...

I LOVE jewelry, I always have, since I was a baby. Currently, I don't wear any unless ... More
That is a two fold question. First, I am a "jewelry person" in that I have closets and cabinets full of the stuff. My hubby is incredibly into beautiful jewelry and lavishes it on me for all occasions! Second, I am "not" a "jewelry person", in that I don't wear any. I have on my wedding band and anniversary ring. I wear a basic pair of earrings. My work does not lend itself to wearing "bling" and I have to have an "industrial" watch (I need accurate second hands, easy to see), and even my engagement ring, with it's high set diamond, does not lend itself to keeping on, with what my hands must do, and where they go, all day. Thus, rather then try and remember I have it in a pocket, or around my neck on an annoying chain, it lives at home.

Only if we go out for a dress up occasion do I bring out some pretty things to wear, and I have a couple of beautiful jewelry stores worth to choose from.

Oh...and if any cat burglars are reading this, don't bother. The expensive stuff is at the bank in a safe deposit box. The rest is at home behind a vault door and with some really nasty alarm systems, and oh, you would need to get past my three guard trained Rotties first. Granted, two of them are big, black fuzz ball's (don't tell anyone), but our "baby" will "tear you up, and spit you out"!!!!

Oh...and if we are home, we will just shoot you.
09/06/2013
KyotoAngel KyotoAngel
Wait...you make jewelry too? Pics woman, we need them! 0w0

I adore jewelry, even the cheap costume stuff (because 90% of the cute jewelry within my price range is, of course, cheap xD ).
I think my weakness would probably be earrings or necklaces though.

Lord knows I'm a sucker for a nice pair of chandelier earrings. <_<
This pair from MetalCoutureJewelry, in particular, I absolutely love...but at $1,600, I might have them the day I win the lottery. xD

gorgeous

They use to have an incredible gold version too, but I don't see those available anymore.
09/06/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I don't like wearing jewelry much, but I do enjoy admiring beautiful pieces. The only jewelry I wear 24/7 is a pure 999 gold bracelet, the rest of my stuff is tucked away in a safe deposit box at my bank. I know the type of intricate Indian gold ... More
I have some of the gold, including a nice wedding set and several of the one gram gold plated gold in necklaces, etc. I have a bunch of costume stuff from India that I LOVE. But I actually have more modern jewelry and collect dichroic glass pieces. I like big, bold pieces and love all jewelry, regardless of prices. Most of mine is what I would call better costume, meaning I have lots of vermeil and plated gold (not solid) and sterling for metals with semi-precious stones, that kind of thing. The nice thing about jewelry is it always fits me no matter what I weigh!
09/06/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by KyotoAngel
Wait...you make jewelry too? Pics woman, we need them! 0w0

I adore jewelry, even the cheap costume stuff (because 90% of the cute jewelry within my price range is, of course, cheap xD ).
I think my weakness would probably be earrings or ... More
I will have to remember to try an take some photos for you! These chandelier earrings are too funny, I love them!
09/06/2013
Thinkingman Thinkingman
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
This hasn't been asked in a while. So do you like it, wear it, like seeing it, hate it, won't wear it...something?

I'll start...

I LOVE jewelry, I always have, since I was a baby. Currently, I don't wear any unless ... More
As a guy no. I don't wear rings or watches. Something about it constrainign me sets my mind off. Just me I guess. My wife only wears a few things. She seems to have the same issue not as bad thou..

I wear energy bracelts that is about it for bikign and the gym..
09/06/2013
Ansley Ansley
I loooove jewelry, but I only wear two pieces. My wedding band and a necklace that was a surprise gift from hubby. I'd like more, but I have such a classic no-muss, no-fuss style that it just doesn't look 'right' on me. I have about 9,000 seed beads I need to get rid of one day...I made a couple of bracelets once back in the day.
09/06/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I loooove jewelry, but I only wear two pieces. My wedding band and a necklace that was a surprise gift from hubby. I'd like more, but I have such a classic no-muss, no-fuss style that it just doesn't look 'right' on me. I have about ... More
Did someone say seed beads? Wanna sell? Like I need any more! Still, consider it, please. I have a fairly large bead loom and you go through the beads quickly!

I thought for sure we'd hear more about some bellybutton and other piercing jewelry!
09/06/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
I love love love jewelry. I normally wear six rings, four of which are on one finger (but they kinda match, I promise), a pair of earrings, and a small necklace with a cross. I have a lot of jewelry, though, and am a major fan of silver, pearls, and Alexandrite.
09/06/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I love love love jewelry. I normally wear six rings, four of which are on one finger (but they kinda match, I promise), a pair of earrings, and a small necklace with a cross. I have a lot of jewelry, though, and am a major fan of silver, pearls, and ... More
Hey, I stack rings as well, sometimes they just need to go together and at least for me, I think they need to be a little bigger looking, so I create my own look. I haven't gotten used to the look of the rings that only go above the knuckles instead of below, but I've been seeing that a little. I have resisted rings for so long because I have what I consider are big knuckles from piano playing, plus I couldn't stand wearing them while playing. But, I have finally started to realize I have seen much uglier hands and they wear rings, so what the heck is wrong with me? I have a terrible perfectionism streak towards myself and need to get over it!

Oooh, do you have natural Alexandrite, or lab grown (which is equally fabulous & still so expensive!)? I love color changing stones!
09/07/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Hey, I stack rings as well, sometimes they just need to go together and at least for me, I think they need to be a little bigger looking, so I create my own look. I haven't gotten used to the look of the rings that only go above the knuckles ... More
Haha. I have massive knuckles as well, so I'm very picky with my rings. Three of the four I wear on that finger are meant for stacking, being very thin, but the fourth is a "normal sized" ring. Since the ring I wear on my thumb of that hand is huge, though, I think it works.

Right now my only Alexandrite is lab-created and quite small, but next time I visit Ukraine I plan to get some natural, since it's much cheaper over there.
09/07/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
Haha. I have massive knuckles as well, so I'm very picky with my rings. Three of the four I wear on that finger are meant for stacking, being very thin, but the fourth is a "normal sized" ring. Since the ring I wear on my thumb of that ... More
Oh, you lucky wench! I would love to know what you get, I am so envious!. I've got some gorgeous chrome diopside, from before everything started coming out dark. I also have some tiny Russian demantoid garnets that are really pretty. I wish I had the opportunity to go over and score some over there, I bet you could find some real deals. How often do you go over?
09/07/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Oh, you lucky wench! I would love to know what you get, I am so envious!. I've got some gorgeous chrome diopside, from before everything started coming out dark. I also have some tiny Russian demantoid garnets that are really pretty. I wish I had ... More
I'll be sure to let you know! If my aunt comes to the States at any point I can also request some.from her. Or just ask randomly. The deals depend on where you go; some places there are super pricey. I used to go every other year but haven't been there in a while now.
09/07/2013
violets violets
I love jewelry, but I'm unfortunately really allergic to nickel. I can't even wear most stainless steal. So if I wear anything metal it has to be titanium. fortunately, my ears are gauged and I lot of larger earrings are plastic or other materiel. Other than earrings I usually just wear necklaces, and then I have a few rings, some of the rings I found that I really like are made of out of wood, so no allergy worry plus I think they look really neat.
09/08/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by violets
I love jewelry, but I'm unfortunately really allergic to nickel. I can't even wear most stainless steal. So if I wear anything metal it has to be titanium. fortunately, my ears are gauged and I lot of larger earrings are plastic or other ... More
My sister is allergic to nickle and found there are specialized stores selling completely nickle free jewelry, but that doesn't mean it's designed to your taste. Good thing for you that titanium is being used in jewelry more.

Hey, I have some wood rings, too! They are so lightweight and organic looking, I just love them!
09/08/2013
violets violets
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
My sister is allergic to nickle and found there are specialized stores selling completely nickle free jewelry, but that doesn't mean it's designed to your taste. Good thing for you that titanium is being used in jewelry more.

Hey, I ... More
Ah, I didn't know there were stores specifically for that. But like you said, fortunately titanium is being used more so it's becoming less hard to find styles I like in metal that I won't react to.

And one of my friends actually found a guy who makes custom wooden rings. Her and her husband started collecting bits of wood from fallen branches or logs they found during hikes and got their wedding rings made from that. I thought that was such a cute idea, and their rings ended up looking gorgeous
09/08/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by violets
Ah, I didn't know there were stores specifically for that. But like you said, fortunately titanium is being used more so it's becoming less hard to find styles I like in metal that I won't react to.

And one of my friends actually ... More
Here' just a few examples for either all nickel free stores, or having sections that are nickel free:
link
link

I love how lightweight wooden rings are! You're lucky to be friends with an artisan!
09/08/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by KyotoAngel
Wait...you make jewelry too? Pics woman, we need them! 0w0

I adore jewelry, even the cheap costume stuff (because 90% of the cute jewelry within my price range is, of course, cheap xD ).
I think my weakness would probably be earrings or ... More
These are some of the most creative earrings I have ever seen. Simply amazing.
09/08/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by violets
Ah, I didn't know there were stores specifically for that. But like you said, fortunately titanium is being used more so it's becoming less hard to find styles I like in metal that I won't react to.

And one of my friends actually ... More
Nickel has always turned me green. Simply cannot wear anything with nickel in it.
09/08/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Here' just a few examples for either all nickel free stores, or having sections that are nickel free:
link
link

I love how lightweight wooden rings are! You're lucky to be friends with an artisan! ... More
I've had three wooden rings in my life and all three cracked within a couple of months. : (
09/08/2013
Lucifer the Cat Lucifer the Cat
I really like rings. I have 2 that I wear all of the time. I also make friendship bracelets but I don't think those count as jewelry. :p
I think I enjoy looking at jewelry more than I enjoy wearing it.
09/09/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I've had three wooden rings in my life and all three cracked within a couple of months. : (
Then they were most likely made of soft woods like pine, try to find items that are oak and they'll last longer.
09/09/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Did someone say seed beads? Wanna sell? Like I need any more! Still, consider it, please. I have a fairly large bead loom and you go through the beads quickly!

I thought for sure we'd hear more about some bellybutton and other piercing jewelry!
I'll see if hubby is up for it -- he uses some of them for fishing.
09/09/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
No pressure! I wouldn't want to take them if they are serving a purpose. It's not like I really need to buy more, hahaha. It reminds me of the e-card I saw:
09/09/2013
peachmarie peachmarie
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
This hasn't been asked in a while. So do you like it, wear it, like seeing it, hate it, won't wear it...something?

I'll start...

I LOVE jewelry, I always have, since I was a baby. Currently, I don't wear any unless ... More
I don't wear a lot of jewelry for my job, but I can wear post earrings and rings, Don't like wearing rings as much, just today got my ring caught on a ledge and almost dislocated my finger, it hurt so bad! pulled the ring down and at an angle. Ouch.
09/09/2013
SecretKinksters SecretKinksters
Always wear jewelry, I'm obsessed
09/09/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
No pressure! I wouldn't want to take them if they are serving a purpose. It's not like I really need to buy more, hahaha. It reminds me of the e-card I saw:
sorry couldn't find the darned thing then posted without thinking...
09/09/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by peachmarie
I don't wear a lot of jewelry for my job, but I can wear post earrings and rings, Don't like wearing rings as much, just today got my ring caught on a ledge and almost dislocated my finger, it hurt so bad! pulled the ring down and at an angle. Ouch.
That is a perfect example of why a lot of hand plastic surgeons detest rings and think they are too dangerous to wear!
09/09/2013
glasskitten glasskitten
I'm a bit of a jewelry snob in that I hardly buy any anymore, because it's so hard to find pieces that really resonate with me. I buy with the intent of having it for a lifetime (even if it's costume jewelry). If I'm not in love with it, I won't buy it!
09/09/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 36
Unique posters: 16