1) I have kids who need to get hold of me.
2) I have a job, and both my Agency and my patients need to get hold of me.
3) I have friends, and I need to reach them when I'm not near my land line.
4) My youngest child's school has my cell number, so I can be reached when necessary. (I do need to leave the house.)
5) I can leave messages or texts for my children or friends when they are in class or my friends are at work, if I need to get something important to them as soon as possible.
6) Many people I know don't even have a land line.
7) It's come in handy when our land line goes out.
8) If I ever get stuck on the road, I can get hold of my patients to let them know where I am and when they can expect me, or my husband so he can help me, or my kids, so they know where to go in an emergency or who ever.
It's the 21st century. I'm happy to be here. I love my cell phone.