Bored of the forum?

Dusk Dusk
Does anyone else ever get bored of the Forum? I look through here and I feel like I've read and commented on everything. Not to mention half of the new discussions have already been started before and are just on repeat. I miss being around more, but it's hard to find an interesting discussion to join in on.
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
Yeah, I get bored sometimes.
91  (76%)
No, it's always exciting!
15  (12%)
Other
14  (12%)
Total votes: 120
Poll is closed
05/08/2011
  • Save 40% on Vibrators
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Eye of Love Pheromone Kit - Save 25%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
liilii080 liilii080
I think sometimes it's hard to see the good stuff around the games, year old posts, and things you've previously commented on. Sometimes I go a few pages back to get to things that interest me but I wouldn't really say I was bored.
05/08/2011
Ansley Ansley
I would really like to see a much different style of forum. It can be tedious to find things but I believe Gary started a thread two or three days ago about how to fix it. I suggested something a little more towards a Livejournal set up. It would be much easier for club events/discussions. People would be able to reply directly to each other and things wouldn't get so muddle up and the guests wouldn't feel like they've been a (text) war zone (my perception).
05/08/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Sometimes it gets a bit slow, thats when I go check on EdenLink, EdenCafe, watch video's on EdenTube and Sexis. After all those stops I come back to see what's new.
05/08/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Make sure that if there is something about the forum that you'd like to see changed so that is isn't so "boring," you check out the Furum Update Suggestionsthread.
05/08/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
I rarely go more than 4 or 5 pages back, but I sometimes do look up threads under random topics. Generally I just kick around for a while before or after discussions, or when I see something interesting come up in my wall feed. Other than that, sifting through all of the stuff I don't want to read becomes tedious, especially because even when I am paying close attention, I sometimes miss the discussions that I would actually like to participate in.
05/08/2011
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Quote:
Originally posted by Dusk
Does anyone else ever get bored of the Forum? I look through here and I feel like I've read and commented on everything. Not to mention half of the new discussions have already been started before and are just on repeat. I miss being around more, ... More
Ok I have to say I get bored when I stay up all night and activity is lower because the majority of the world sleeps sometimes. Lol

But that is usually a cue that I should be asleep, too!

I really need to work on that once class starts again. I will have to do Eden when I do my inet class
05/08/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
Ok I have to say I get bored when I stay up all night and activity is lower because the majority of the world sleeps sometimes. Lol

But that is usually a cue that I should be asleep, too!

I really need to work on that once class starts ... More
I am an insomniac, I am constantly bored when its night time lol
05/09/2011
married with children married with children
I get bored of the same discussions about favorite sex positions, or how many have had sex outside, or just a link to a toy and a post of "i like this".
05/09/2011
NaughtyButterfly NaughtyButterfly
I do get bored when I am on constantly & have read everything, but I have been busy lately & only coming to eden every few days & that has seemed to help keep things "fresh"
05/09/2011
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Quote:
Originally posted by liilii080
I think sometimes it's hard to see the good stuff around the games, year old posts, and things you've previously commented on. Sometimes I go a few pages back to get to things that interest me but I wouldn't really say I was bored.
I feel the same way.
05/09/2011
indiglo indiglo
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
I get bored of the same discussions about favorite sex positions, or how many have had sex outside, or just a link to a toy and a post of "i like this".
I get tired of those "I like this" posts too - and all the other ones which are clearly just point farming, plain and simple.
05/09/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I don't get bored on forums...at all. Like dwtim said, there's always SexIs, EdenCafe, EdenTube, and reviews too! It'd be easy to kill an hour on EdenTube alone!

Ever look back at forum posts you started a long time ago and see what other people have posted on in the meantime?
05/09/2011
Alyjazz Alyjazz
I haven't been around here long enough to be even close to bored.

I also don't think starting new threads on topics that have been covered already is such a bad thing. There are ALWAYS new people coming to eden and it's nice to hear what new people think about something as well as the eden vets.

Personally, When I'm looking for information or a discussion to participate in I look for the most current threads not the ones from 2 years ago. Sometimes I like comparing the threads to see how people felt about things then vs now.
05/09/2011
ChunkyMunky ChunkyMunky
I think your boredom stems from a dislike of EdenFantasys in general.

You had no problem commenting on a hater's post about how much the Eden community sucks... remember the comment you posted last week?

"I almost have no words for what I want to say. I admire you for leaving. I have a goal, and that is one day to leave, but only when I am really at my wits end and know I can survive well on my own. Right now EF is a practice run, a chance for me to work on my writing skills and it pains me to see the shit going down there. Perhaps I have a hope I'll change it, I don't know. But perhaps one day I'll be in your shoes and can feel like less of a douche for staying."

... yeah, not cool.

I'm surprised you're still here. No one has a gun to your head making you stay in a place you obviously don't like.
  •   (2)
    I am personally offended by this
  •   (1)
    This is unacceptable / Against the Expectations of Conduct
05/09/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Alyjazz
I haven't been around here long enough to be even close to bored.

I also don't think starting new threads on topics that have been covered already is such a bad thing. There are ALWAYS new people coming to eden and it's nice to ... More
also research changes, what was considered safe a year or two years ago is not now. Materials improve, lubes get new selections with safer ingredients.

I enjoy some of the same old discussions because with new products and research the answers can always be different.
05/09/2011
Waterfall Waterfall
I don't usually get bored with the forum because each time I am on here reading I never read it all, so there is usually something to catch my interest the next time.
05/09/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Yes, from time-to-time I do get a little bored. Probably has more to do with the fact that I'm sitting at home on a computer instead of OUT doing something. As a SAHM I'm home a lot, so in the evenings it's like "ugh, I want to DO something" but being broke limits that, so I browse the net, especially the EF forums.

*shameless pimp of the clubs*

Have you checked out the clubs? There's several on different topics. From blogging to movies to photography to writing. The conversations are usually pretty good and you get to know other contributors more. Getting to know the contributors has been my favorite part of being in the clubs.

Of course, if you're not interested in socializing here, then it's all moot and you might as well move on.
05/09/2011
Andromeda Andromeda
Clearly people who get bored don't spend enough time being silly/random/sexy in The Orgy Thread
05/09/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda
Clearly people who get bored don't spend enough time being silly/random/sexy in The Orgy Thread
Well, Andi (you don't mind if I call you Andi, do you?), that thread might be a little TOO random for some people! It also goes in spurts. I also wonder if some people might feel excluded.

(which you totally shouldn't... post a pic (doesn't have to be of yourself) OR grope someone and you're in...)
05/09/2011
Andromeda Andromeda
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Well, Andi (you don't mind if I call you Andi, do you?), that thread might be a little TOO random for some people! It also goes in spurts. I also wonder if some people might feel excluded.

(which you totally shouldn't... post a pic ... More
Or stop by for a Corona

(And I'm cool with Andi :p)
05/09/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Yes, from time-to-time I do get a little bored. Probably has more to do with the fact that I'm sitting at home on a computer instead of OUT doing something. As a SAHM I'm home a lot, so in the evenings it's like "ugh, I want to DO ... More
LOL I agree with the clubs, everyone is so welcoming and friendly! and you can win prizes at some of them
05/09/2011
Daniel & Brittany Daniel & Brittany
Its fun
05/09/2011
Dusk Dusk
Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkyMunky
I think your boredom stems from a dislike of EdenFantasys in general.You had no problem commenting on a hater's post about how much the Eden community sucks... remember the comment you posted last week? "I almost have no words for what I ... More
Don't bring this hate here. I am entitled to my sharing my opinions and it is neither your right nor your job to make giant assumptions about how I feel. I don't agree with everything that has happened here but neither do I agree with the hate fostered by others for this community and what it has to offer. I wrote this thread because I have seen the same forum threads popping up day after day and I would like to hear about and talk about a new topic once in a while.

In response to some of the lovely responses, I think I need to check out more of EdenTube since I haven't spent much time there lately.
05/10/2011
Dusk Dusk
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Yes, from time-to-time I do get a little bored. Probably has more to do with the fact that I'm sitting at home on a computer instead of OUT doing something. As a SAHM I'm home a lot, so in the evenings it's like "ugh, I want to DO ... More
I've been trying to get more involved in the clubs but my biggest problem has been Pacific time and not being able to be present for meetings due to being in class. I'm interested in socializing but it just hasn't been working with my schedule as a student.
05/10/2011
Howells Howells
I tend to put in some effort when I create a discussion, or a vote with a lot of options. I track all my threads and there is always new posts to read so they are always interesting to me. Other than that I just search and pick good threads. I don't have a problem bringing back old topics if they are good and just been forgotten. I don't like games however, some of them are just plain pointless. Like the gazillion of men vs women I'll take a look at forum suggestions topic I got some ideas.
05/10/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Dusk
I've been trying to get more involved in the clubs but my biggest problem has been Pacific time and not being able to be present for meetings due to being in class. I'm interested in socializing but it just hasn't been working with my ... More
I can understand that. I'm not in school, but some of the earlier ones are difficult for me just in Central time zone because it cuts into my day-to-day. The great thing is being able to go back and read what you missed, and leave your opinion. Lots of people check back.

But this problem was one of the reasons that I chose a Sunday evening for Eden Flicks. It's at 9 EDT and there are lots of people who are just home hanging out by that time. By the way, the movie for discussion for June's meeting is The Graduate and it's on Netflix.
05/10/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I can understand that. I'm not in school, but some of the earlier ones are difficult for me just in Central time zone because it cuts into my day-to-day. The great thing is being able to go back and read what you missed, and leave your opinion. ... More
Plastics!
05/10/2011
sextoygeek sextoygeek
Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkyMunky
I think your boredom stems from a dislike of EdenFantasys in general.You had no problem commenting on a hater's post about how much the Eden community sucks... remember the comment you posted last week? "I almost have no words for what I ... More
Yes because obviously if anyone gets bored with something that must mean they HATE it. Well, 78% of the people that have voted here agree with Dusk, so why is she the only one you're picking on?

To me it's a little creepy and unsettling that you follow Dusk so much to know this but have posted so little. You're only other post was to instigate trouble as well.

I don't come on the forums at all because frankly, most of the topics ARE boring and constantly repeated. Does that mean I don't like Eden? No, I just don't care for the forums. Also, I've heard all the stories from the "haters" and I felt the same way as Dusk for a long while. But ya know what? Then I actually had a good experience and don't believe what those "haters" say. The real haters are the people like you who put down other people's opinions and tell them they shouldn't even be on here. Everyone has their own reason for being on Eden be it free toys, community, practice writing, trolling, whatever. It's not your place to tell them otherwise. And yes, no one is holding a gun to her head but she's still here, so obviously she likes SOMETHING about the site.

Now, go back to your cave troll.
05/10/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Plastics!
what?
05/10/2011
Total posts: 72
Unique posters: 47