Do you believe in aliens?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Do you believe in aliens?

RedKyuubi RedKyuubi
I do. But I do not believe they have ever visited earth.
09/19/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Taylor Taylor
Same here, I feel like they must exist somewhere in the universe. I don't know that we'll ever meet each other though since everything is so far apart
09/19/2012
js250 js250
No--I thought I did right after the car accident when I woke up in the MRI machine, though. I had no clue what had happened and thought the little SOB's were real!!
09/19/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by RedKyuubi
I do. But I do not believe they have ever visited earth.
It is almost impossible that a universe this huge is not teeming with life. However, the distances are SO great, reaching each other may well be impossible with the limitation of physics. I don't know if any civilization will send off members to travel, millions of years, and multi-generationally to find another civilization, only to lose contact with their own!!!
09/19/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Same here, I feel like they must exist somewhere in the universe. I don't know that we'll ever meet each other though since everything is so far apart
National Geographic had a little fold out a year ago, showing where we were, in scale, to other planets in the area. The distances were SO vast. I don't think the human mind can even grasp it.
09/19/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
No--I thought I did right after the car accident when I woke up in the MRI machine, though. I had no clue what had happened and thought the little SOB's were real!!
Those WERE "aliens". They were nurses from Malaysia and the Philippines. (seriously....I hope you are OKAY after that accident).
09/19/2012
Beck Beck
I do believe they exist. I don't think they have come here. I think if they would have came here, they would try to take over. Because there would have to be a reason they are trying to leave their planet. I think they would likely be hostel. Should they make it here before we make it there, they would likely be superior, so the extinction of our race would likely happen.
09/19/2012
ghent529 ghent529
I do. I believe that they are what helped aid our people back in the day.
09/19/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
I do, though I think that their having visited us is highly improbable (though still possible).
09/19/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
I do believe they exist. I don't think they have come here. I think if they would have came here, they would try to take over. Because there would have to be a reason they are trying to leave their planet. I think they would likely be hostel. ...
If I were able to reach other planets, and found one that had intelligent life on it, my first thought would be, "Hey, this could be a good learning experience!" or, "Perhaps we could be friends" (or more accurately, "DUDE! I could be buddies with ALIENS!!!" )

I don't think hostile reasons are the only ones to branch out, explore, and meet new people. Not to say your fears are invalid, just giving another perspective.
09/19/2012
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
It is almost impossible that a universe this huge is not teeming with life. However, the distances are SO great, reaching each other may well be impossible with the limitation of physics. I don't know if any civilization will send off members to ...
Life is so rare - so tenuous - so hard to start and support that the assumption that the universe is teaming with life relies on a faith that borders on religion.

There is exactly zero evidence of life beyond earth in spite of the thousands of planets identified. Everyday that goes by new planets without life are discovered - so it seems to me that the billions and billions theory is less viable.

I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they find bacteria somewhere - but I don't see how that changes anything. Who cares if there are trillions and quadrillions of bacteria scattered around the universe?
09/19/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Life is so rare - so tenuous - so hard to start and support that the assumption that the universe is teaming with life relies on a faith that borders on religion.

There is exactly zero evidence of life beyond earth in spite of the thousands of ...
Interesting to note, though, that while we have yet to definitively identify any other celestial bodies with life, there's at least one possible candidate right here in our own solar system - not a planet, but Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter. It's considered to be one of the candidates for habitability in our system, and there's a possibility that, under its ice-ocean, there may be life similar to that which is found near deep-sea thermal vents right here on Earth. Almost certainly not intelligent life, but perhaps something more impressive than bacteria.

Obviously, possibility and reality aren't always the same thing. Until we can actually explore Europa in detail, we won't know for sure. I would love to still be around if and when we do find out, though!
09/19/2012
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 8