Favorite 80s Music

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Favorite 80s Music

BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
A lovely friend on FB started a hideously time-wasting status about her love for 80s power ballads; which resulted in an amazing time of sharing our favorites (and the OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE!)!

What's your favorite? Power Ballad, Cotton Candy Synthetic Pop, Hard Core Metal? Link the YouTube video here. I'd love to see it!
07/20/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
For Example:

Broken Wings-Mr. Mister
07/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Perfect Hairbrush Song

Sunbathed to this daily

The night a tornado hit my house was the first time I heard this song.

Those are just a few of the many, many songs I from the 80's.
07/20/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
All the songs that immediately popped into my head, turned out to be from the 70's not the 80's. I never seem to be in sync with any one else's time. Sigh...

Let me keep looking, I know there's something from the 80's I liked.
07/20/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I love the 89X Time Warp on Sunday mornings in Detroit. It's New Wave to early Grunge...all good!

There are so many good songs, I can't pick my favorite 10-20!
07/20/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
All the songs that immediately popped into my head, turned out to be from the 70's not the 80's. I never seem to be in sync with any one else's time. Sigh...

Let me keep looking, I know there's something from the 80's I liked.
I'm sure you'll come up with something
07/20/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Hah! Finally found some stuff that was from the 80's

Rush -- Tom Sawyer

Thomas Dolby -- She Blinded Me With Science

Falco -- Rock Me Amadeus

Nena -- 99 Luft Balons

Peter Gabriel -- In Your Eyes

Admittedly, I had to use the Google to figure out which ones were from the 80's.
07/20/2011
dv8 dv8
Pac-Man Fever
07/20/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Hah! Finally found some stuff that was from the 80's

Rush -- Tom Sawyer

Thomas Dolby -- She Blinded Me With Science

Falco -- Rock Me Amadeus

Nena -- 99 Luft Balons

Peter Gabriel -- In Your ...
I have a major on for Rock Me Amadeus. Yeah, I'm a big-time dork.
07/20/2011
Chilipepper Chilipepper
My list of 80's hates would be much shorter.

I'm totally drawn to the music video for David Bowie's "Underground" from Labyrinth. link

David started puberty in me.
07/20/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I have a major on for Rock Me Amadeus. Yeah, I'm a big-time dork.
I'm a big time dork as well.
07/20/2011
Kindred Kindred
I grew up with 80's new wave and still listen to it. Some of my favorites that came to mind:

New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

The Cure - Inbetween Days

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Modern English - I Melt With You

Talking Heads - And She Was

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
07/20/2011
padmeamidala padmeamidala
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
A lovely friend on FB started a hideously time-wasting status about her love for 80s power ballads; which resulted in an amazing time of sharing our favorites (and the OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE!)!

What's your favorite? Power Ballad, ...
I have several favorite songs from the 80's. I love Hysteria by Def Leppard. Any song by Duran Duran. I also loved many songs from Platinum Blonde and Pat Benetar. Meat Loaf rocked too! I loved the song If you Leave by OMD which was from Pretty in Pink. I also loved Simple Mind Don't forget about me from the Breakfast Club. my Master and I will often sing along to that song. lol.
07/20/2011
padmeamidala padmeamidala
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I grew up with 80's new wave and still listen to it. Some of my favorites that came to mind:

New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

The Cure - Inbetween Days

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

Soft Cell - Tainted ...
I love The Smiths- How soon is now? Brings back great memories for me.
07/20/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I'm totally with Kindred and padmeamidala!

I prefer the German version of 99 Luftballoons. The translation was just too far off for the English one.

I LOVE "How soon is now".

Peter Murphy - "Cuts you up"
The Ramones
Bowie - "Heroes" (I don't remember if that was 80's or 90's, but it's good)
Classic Weird Al counts for me too ("Christmas at Ground Zero" and "Dare to be Stupid")
"Take on me", "Pretty in Pink", "Land down under", "I ran", Duran Duran's self-titled and Rio albums, Wham (and George Micheal)...the list goes on...
07/21/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I'm totally with Kindred and padmeamidala!

I prefer the German version of 99 Luftballoons. The translation was just too far off for the English one.

I LOVE "How soon is now".

Peter Murphy - "Cuts you ...
Didn't I post the German version? I thought I did.
07/21/2011
dv8 dv8
The 80s are incomplete without The Replacements.
07/21/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Heaven is a Place on Earth
07/22/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
And you really can't go through the 80s without Walk Like an Egyptian
07/22/2011
Kindred Kindred
How about the iconic Do They Know It's Christmas? by Bandaid. I still listen to it every year during the holidays.
07/22/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
"I hear the secrets that you keep when you're talking in your sleep"
"Every breath you take..."
(whisper)"Come over here"

The 80's had a lot of creeper songs!
07/22/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
And of course there is:

Survivor -- Eye of the Tiger

Jensen Ackles from the tv series "Supernatural" did a wonderfully funny lip sync to "Eye of the Tiger" at the end of one episode:

Supernatural -- Eye of the Tiger
07/22/2011
Rossie Rossie
One of my favorites:

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
07/22/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
And of course there is:

Survivor -- Eye of the Tiger

Jensen Ackles from the tv series "Supernatural" did a wonderfully funny lip sync to "Eye of the Tiger" at the end of one episode:

Supernatural -- Eye of the ...
That is my FAVORITE episode of Supernatural. I laugh through the whole thing. I miss that type of fun in the last season
07/22/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
That is my FAVORITE episode of Supernatural. I laugh through the whole thing. I miss that type of fun in the last season
I do like the silly episodes more than the serious ones, in general.
07/22/2011
Yaoi Pervette (deleted) Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I grew up with 80's new wave and still listen to it. Some of my favorites that came to mind:

New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

The Cure - Inbetween Days

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

Soft Cell - Tainted ...
Ooh, I like your choices! I also love anything by Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
I have Sirius Satellite Radio, and by far my favorite channel is First Wave.
07/22/2011
dv8 dv8
Anyone remember Musical Youth?
07/22/2011
Yaoi Pervette (deleted) Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
Quote:
Originally posted by dv8
Anyone remember Musical Youth?
I do. Pass the Dutchie!
07/22/2011
dv8 dv8
How about some Art of Noise featuring Max Headroom?
08/18/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
And of course there is:

Survivor -- Eye of the Tiger

Jensen Ackles from the tv series "Supernatural" did a wonderfully funny lip sync to "Eye of the Tiger" at the end of one episode:

Supernatural -- Eye of the ...
I thought that was so funny when they showed that!
08/19/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 31
Unique posters: 11