My hubby and I got home from town during a storm and as I went to put the key in the door it would not work. I pulled it out and lightning hit the house and sent a huge spark out the window about three feet from me. My jacket was singed and I was in full on panic attack. I luckily had the wrong key or it would have been grounded little me that would have been nailed by the spark, not the groundwire attached to the house. It blew our satellite cable tube in half from the inside out...it was a 1/4" thick aluminum pipe.
I had a headache for the rest of the night. Stress or electricity....still not sure. I am deathly terrified, but that stems from watching the neighbor's horse get hit and die when I was about 10 or so. That is a horrid memory!!!!