Have you ever had Chinese Dim Sum?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Have you ever had Chinese Dim Sum?

Rossie Rossie
I thought Chinese Dim Sum is very common, and was surprised to know a lot of my Oregonian friends have never eaten this type of Chinese food. Have you had Dim Sum? Do you like it?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
I know what Dim Sum is and I like it.
Kindred , Petite Valentine , Do emu , Woman China , Zakkie , clockwork451 , amberf83 , Stinkytofu10 , Calla , elli , Gunsmoke , HeartThrobby , lineswecast , Airen Wolf , GONE! , amazon , crazycouple7281 , Kitka , padmeamidala , sexxxkitten , Zandrock , TWE112 , anonkitty , Why Not? , ellieprobable , Nacht Stern , junipersgame , Rory , Sundae Sparkles , debo , patcol62 , Gone (LD29) , sunsirrupt , sodapin , Missmarc , dv8 , Gluesnffr
37
I know what Dim Sum is, but I don't like it.
Ansley , El-Jaro , LoveBug721 , gsfanatic
4
I've never heard of Chinese Dim Sum.
amberf83 , G&L , TiffyPixie , Lizard , Badass , SMichelle , sktb0007 , *Camoprincess* , MissCandyland , travelnurse , Lioncub , BlooJay , kitty1949 , Allstars316 , tortilla , dirtythoughts:) , Loriandhubby , bdan , WtGirl69 , Llahsram , JessiShey , Scrawberry78
22
I'm interested to try Chinese Dim Sum.
Badass , KrissyNovacaine , *Camoprincess* , Beck , TheirPet , Bignuf , QueenAkasha , michael scofield , wwwww , NaeveSpencer , humblepie , insomniac9
12
I'm not an adventurous eater and will not try new foods.
Incendiaire , solitudinarian
2
Other...
PeaceToTheMiddleEast , Terri69 , - Kira - , sextoygeek
4
Total votes: 81 (78 voters)
Poll is closed
08/19/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
I like both the more common Southern style Dim Sum served on carts as well as the Northern style.
08/19/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
I like Dim Sum, but I always hated having to wait for the carts to come around. I'm a bigger fan of conveyor belt sushi.
08/19/2012
Do emu Do emu
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I thought Chinese Dim Sum is very common, and was surprised to know a lot of my Oregonian friends have never eaten this type of Chinese food. Have you had Dim Sum? Do you like it? ...
Yes! King's Dim Sum in southeast Portland is pretty good.
08/19/2012
Woman China Woman China
I don't "like" "like" Dim Dum not do I dislike it. It is just... common around here.

I prefer the various dipping vinegars they bring me. Mmmm.... vinegar!!!
08/19/2012
Zakkie Zakkie
I LOVE it. I used to go to this cute little authentic chinese resturant and order it when ever I felt bad. I haven't found another place that serves it since it closed.
08/19/2012
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Heard of it but not sure if I would eat it. Usually I stick to the same foods when ordering from places. Had some bad experiences in the past.
08/19/2012
clockwork451 clockwork451
I had it at a place in Boston one time and it was delicious.
08/19/2012
G&L G&L
Never heard of it.
08/19/2012
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I thought Chinese Dim Sum is very common, and was surprised to know a lot of my Oregonian friends have never eaten this type of Chinese food. Have you had Dim Sum? Do you like it? ...
I know what Dim Sum is and I like it. It really depends on the restaurant though. It can be really awesome, and it can be very disappointing.
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I like both the more common Southern style Dim Sum served on carts as well as the Northern style.
I love both styles also, but the Southern style seems to be more common.
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I like Dim Sum, but I always hated having to wait for the carts to come around. I'm a bigger fan of conveyor belt sushi.
When I'm impatient waiting for the carts to reach my side of the restaurant, I'll ask the waiters to get me the Dim Sums I wanted, and they'll hurry the carts over; I'm not embarrassed to do so or else I won't get my food for a while!

I LOVE sushi boats too!
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Do emu
Yes! King's Dim Sum in southeast Portland is pretty good.
Have you tried Ocean City? They're not too far from King's and they have pretty good Dim Sum also, and they're less expensive than King's.
08/19/2012
Lizard Lizard
Never heard of it.
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Woman China
I don't "like" "like" Dim Dum not do I dislike it. It is just... common around here.

I prefer the various dipping vinegars they bring me. Mmmm.... vinegar!!!
What is Dim Dum...a new Mongolian dish? Just kidding!
08/19/2012
Badass Badass
I love trying new foods. I've never heard of it before
08/19/2012
elli elli
I've never had the cart experience, but I love the made-to-order dim sum I've tried
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Zakkie
I LOVE it. I used to go to this cute little authentic chinese resturant and order it when ever I felt bad. I haven't found another place that serves it since it closed.
So sorry about that!
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Heard of it but not sure if I would eat it. Usually I stick to the same foods when ordering from places. Had some bad experiences in the past.
You should give it a try, Dim Sum is a wide variety of Chinese small plates, I'm sure there will be some that suit your taste bud.
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkytofu10
I know what Dim Sum is and I like it. It really depends on the restaurant though. It can be really awesome, and it can be very disappointing.
Yeah, I tend to go to the few popular places only.
08/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Badass
I love trying new foods. I've never heard of it before
Don't know where in Michigan are you. I googled Dim Sum in Michigan and a few Chinese restaurants popped up on the screen...go give it a try if there's one in your area.
08/19/2012
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Dim Sum is OK. There are dozens of choices (like shushi) - some I like some I don't. No Duck's Feet for me!
08/20/2012
lineswecast lineswecast
Love it! And there isn't much I won't try.
08/20/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I thought Chinese Dim Sum is very common, and was surprised to know a lot of my Oregonian friends have never eaten this type of Chinese food. Have you had Dim Sum? Do you like it? ...
LOOOOOVE Dim Sum style eating.
08/20/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Dim Sum is OK. There are dozens of choices (like shushi) - some I like some I don't. No Duck's Feet for me!
It's Chicken Feet! Yum!
08/20/2012
Terri69 Terri69
I've heard of it but I've never had it
08/20/2012
KrissyNovacaine KrissyNovacaine
Never had it before
08/20/2012
GONE! GONE!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I like both the more common Southern style Dim Sum served on carts as well as the Northern style.
That's my favorite kind too.
08/20/2012
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
I have never had it at all and I had a trainer for work who was Chinese. I think I had one real Chinese meal the whole 2 months we were together on the road. Interesting may have to ask him about Dim Sum
08/20/2012
amazon amazon
I love "real" Dim Sum
08/20/2012
Total posts: 74
Unique posters: 54