Horror Movies - Should there be more or less Nudity & Sex?

Gary Gary
I was just watching the newest Friday the 13th which contained a sort of humorous throwback to the originals, by including a lot of sex and nudity. It got me to thinking about all the great horror movies I enjoyed as a kid in the 80's.
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
There's too much nudity & sex in horror movies.
deceased , ~LaUr3n~ , DONOTSHOPHERETHEOWNERISPSYCHO , A Closet Slut (aka nipplepeople) , *HisMrs* , staceejaxxx , Rainbow Boy , darthkitt3n , Lithaewyn , markeagleone , Peggi , Bleu , bratcat
13  (21%)
There's enough nudity & sex in horror movies.
Keeshia , SydVicious , Sammi , Emma (Girl With Fire) , Kindred , tigerkate , Linga , Errant Venture , gloomybear , Living Doll
10  (16%)
There could never be enough nudity and sex in horror movies.
Gary , MuffysPinguLove , Alan & Michele , TitsMcScandal , Victoria , Sir , LuLu Love , El-Jaro , JEM , ToyTimeTim , Becerotica , Redboxbaby , buzz , dv8 , married with children , Daniel & Brittany , Ansley , naughtyjo , Alyjazz , moonch1ld , potstickers , SMichelle , XYCopperheadSly , misterazor , GirlOnGirl , Kat and Aaron(aaron)
26  (43%)
I hate horror movies.
Passionate Pastor , seaofneptune , Xavier7 , LittleBoPeep , SecondStory
5  (8%)
I hate horror movies, but put more nudity & sex in everything.
LicentiouslyYours , Andromeda , 00 , Miss Cinnamon , Sundae , MaryExy , Real or memorex
7  (11%)
Total votes: 61
Poll is closed
03/19/2010
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • Get ready for  holidays. Get 3 toys for $30. Mix and Match!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
TitsMcScandal TitsMcScandal
Two of the best horror movies of the recent past in my opinion are House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Which, for anyone who hasn't seen them, are very graphic. If more movies were like that I would be broke from buying too many movies.
03/19/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by TitsMcScandal
Two of the best horror movies of the recent past in my opinion are House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Which, for anyone who hasn't seen them, are very graphic. If more movies were like that I would ... More
As far as newer horror goes, I really enjoyed the Midnight Meat Train. The should also make a porn parody of that one!
03/19/2010
LicentiouslyYours LicentiouslyYours
Ha!

Ok, I don't hate horror movies, they just don't spark much interest in me. I can sometimes be convinced to watch really bad horror flicks as long as someone gets me a beer to go with it.

Hmm, maybe more sex and nudity would improve the genre for me.... probably not tho, since mainsteam is so squeamish about showing full-frontal male nudity.

I am all for more penis... in everything!
03/19/2010
Keeshia Keeshia
Nudity and sex isn't what I watch and love horror films for, so it can stay the same or lessen far as I'm concerned. If I wanted to see sex or intimacy I'd be perusing the romance section, not the thrillers and gore -_-
03/19/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
As long as the movie isn't an excuse to show overly big t's and a's, it could use more.
03/19/2010
JEM JEM
Love Zombie flicks....what's better than a naked zombie!
03/19/2010
Andromeda Andromeda
Quote:
Originally posted by LicentiouslyYours
Ha!

Ok, I don't hate horror movies, they just don't spark much interest in me. I can sometimes be convinced to watch really bad horror flicks as long as someone gets me a beer to go with it.

Hmm, maybe more sex and nudity ... More
I'm with Laurel. Not a fan of the horror genre, but more penis please!
03/19/2010
00 00
Like Laurel, I don't HATE them, but have never gotten anything out of them and just don't enjoy them. As for the rest...hey if you can get naked zombies or monsters or whatever to fuck onscreen, I might watch it. Who knows...I might enjoy "horror" movies then. Tee-hee.
03/19/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
As far as newer horror goes, I really enjoyed the Midnight Meat Train. The should also make a porn parody of that one!
Midnight Meat Train was one of the best I've seen in ages. I can't quite imagine the porn parody of that...or maybe I can

I live for horror movies - I always tease my husband that instead of making him watch something like The Notebook, he has to endure the likes of Weasels Rip My Flesh (and even I'll admit that was torturous). I've always felt that if the story's bad, more blood will save it, not more sex
03/19/2010
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
As far as newer horror goes, I really enjoyed the Midnight Meat Train. The should also make a porn parody of that one!
Ewwww. No. That was so gorey... I don't know about pornifying that one.
03/23/2010
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
The answer choices gave me a good giggle, but I have to confess that I despise horror movies. I have an overactive imagination and horror movies stick with me like nothing else. Dude, even an episode of Ghost Whisperer right after lunch will haunt me well into the night. However, since I like self-inflicted suffering, I'll always agree to watch some terrible spooky/gory movie with someone else, so I'd rather my horror be spiked with a good dose of nudity and sex, please, to alleviate the pain.
03/23/2010
Gary Gary
After seeing so much of it when I was a kid, it just seems wrong to not have it anymore. It's like in the last 20 years they switched coke with diet coke, and expected you to not notice.
03/23/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
Love Zombie flicks....what's better than a naked zombie!
not much...JUST TWO NAKIE ZOMBIES!
03/23/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
The answer choices gave me a good giggle, but I have to confess that I despise horror movies. I have an overactive imagination and horror movies stick with me like nothing else. Dude, even an episode of Ghost Whisperer right after lunch will haunt me ... More
Yeah...Paranormal Activity scared her...
03/23/2010
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Yeah...Paranormal Activity scared her...
Now you've got me thinking about that horrible movie again!
03/23/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
Now you've got me thinking about that horrible movie again!
Was that the one where the couple set up the video camera in their bedroom? If so, Victoria got freaked out by that one too!
03/25/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Was that the one where the couple set up the video camera in their bedroom? If so, Victoria got freaked out by that one too!
I haven't seen that one yet, but it sounds interesting
03/25/2010
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Was that the one where the couple set up the video camera in their bedroom? If so, Victoria got freaked out by that one too!
Yup...that's the one. Great, just when I'd forgotten about it
03/25/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
My vote was not specific to horror movies. I think there is too much sex and nudity in movies in general.
03/25/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
Yup...that's the one. Great, just when I'd forgotten about it
I saw a few minutes of that movie. I think Victoria was actually watching it while I was trying to sleep. It seemed to rely heavily on the imagination, which is a great way to go, as long as you buy it. Catching a few glimpses of it out of context just made it seem silly.
03/26/2010
Sundae Sundae
I am the world's biggest wuss when it comes to horror movies...I'll end up laying in bed thinking about them and working myself into a lather. I know it's stupid, but they're no fun, not even when cuddled up with a cutie!
03/27/2010
Becerotica Becerotica
I'm a huge Troma fan, and its the over the top gore, nudity, and sex that really carries those B-movies and makes them so great, definitively not plot lol, but when I want to watch something I can just veg in front of and not really think during its Troma, I watch thrillers when I want to think.
03/27/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Becerotica
I'm a huge Troma fan, and its the over the top gore, nudity, and sex that really carries those B-movies and makes them so great, definitively not plot lol, but when I want to watch something I can just veg in front of and not really think during ... More
I love their Toxic Avenger!
03/28/2010
Gary Gary
Troma Rules!

When I was on tour in 2006 (I think), we were hanging out outside Boston while the bass player was getting tattooed. I was napping on the couch and watching this one Troma movie about a couple that went around documenting suicides. It was really creepy. I think it was one of the movies Troma put out, but did not create. (They have put out hundreds if not thousands of movies.) I have been wondering what that movie was called for a while now... any ideas?
03/31/2010
seaofneptune seaofneptune
Quote:
Originally posted by LicentiouslyYours
Ha!

Ok, I don't hate horror movies, they just don't spark much interest in me. I can sometimes be convinced to watch really bad horror flicks as long as someone gets me a beer to go with it.

Hmm, maybe more sex and nudity ... More
Me too, ha ha! I think it would be alot fairer too!
03/31/2010
seaofneptune seaofneptune
I don't hate horror movies, but I have a hard time watching them. I always get into movies unless they are just that bad - but I have had a wild imagination since I was a kid and it's always worse in my head than it would be in the movie. So I totally psych myself out ahead of time.
03/31/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by seaofneptune
I don't hate horror movies, but I have a hard time watching them. I always get into movies unless they are just that bad - but I have had a wild imagination since I was a kid and it's always worse in my head than it would be in the movie. So ... More
I still do that... but I like it
03/31/2010
A Closet Slut (aka nipplepeople) A Closet Slut (aka nipplepeople)
Actually, I thinks there's too much of it.
At first I was just weirded out and surprised that they would put nudity & sex there. Now I'm used to it, but it still seems that those films are made only to appeal to the most basic instincts. I mean, come on, if it's a horror movie - make it a horror movie.
02/02/2011
Xavier7 Xavier7
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I was just watching the newest Friday the 13th which contained a sort of humorous throwback to the originals, by including a lot of sex and nudity. It got me to thinking about all the great horror movies I enjoyed as a kid in the 80's.
I wish all horror movies would burn in hell.
02/02/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 51
Unique posters: 35