Originally posted by
I don't like having my picture taken, but when younger I didn't mind it as much. However, I've never really liked it & I was wondering about everyone else. What is your reaction when someone wants to take your picture?
I suppose my attitude towards having a photo taken depends on the circumstances. So, let me give you a few examples.
1. If it's a family and friends type setting, I'm all for it.
2. If it's a vacation photo, I'm all for that as well.
3. If it was the web or social media, I would avoid it like the plague.
4. A drivers license is one of my least favorite. It's one you have the least amount of time to pose for. Also, it never looks as good as you would like, but your stuck with it. If you have had no accidents or tickets in California, they reward you by not updating your license photo. So, it's a constant reminder of what you looked like when you were younger. Oh, and everyone you don't know gets to see it.
5. A passport photo is a necessary evil. The good thing is that it is only viewed by a few, who are sworn to secrecy.
6. Security cameras; What's not to love about someone you don’t know who is peering at you.
7. Intersection and toll booth cameras; Smile!
8. Televised, or newspaper news. Okay, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not sure yet. It would depend on the “context” of the story.
9. God forbid having an arrest, or wanted photo. I suppose I would just hope I had a comb and razor, so that I wouldn’t look like Mel Gibson at 3am in the morning.
10. Suppose I just had my photo taken for having won the Powerball Lottery. If so, this would be one instance when I would say “who gives a damn what I look like“. Yippy!
11. Milk carton photo; Either it was an alien abduction, or sadly other. But, at least it’s a younger photo, and I look pretty damn good.
12. Telephone pole Xerox photo copy, titled missing; Sadly, we all know that’s not good.
13. My obituary photo; The good news is that it‘s the very last photo I need to be concerned about.