How many times has your heart been broken?

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

How many times has your heart been broken?

Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
I was talking to a friend who is worried about having her heart broken by a man with whom she's becoming involved. I have never had mine broken by a love affair, but I have had it broken in other ways. So, have you ever had your heart broken? How many times? And thanks to anyone who shares!
04/02/2013
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE! Mix and Match
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Chilipepper Chilipepper
I've had plenty of heartbreak from unconsummated soulmates, a few lovers, and a husband, but the worst would have to be when my grandmother died.

Going into detail about any of it is too much to deal with at this time of night.
04/03/2013
bog bog
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I was talking to a friend who is worried about having her heart broken by a man with whom she's becoming involved. I have never had mine broken by a love affair, but I have had it broken in other ways. So, have you ever had your heart broken? How ...
I tend to be the heartbreaker, not the heartbreakee. I have been on the other side a few times, though.
04/03/2013
eri86 eri86
Twice... but no one to blame but myself. Unrequited loves.
04/03/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
Once, and I honestly don't know why. I was young and stupid, he treated me horribly and was abusive. I was a little sad when my relationship before my fiance ended but that was just because I was going to miss his family. I wasn't really heartbroken over him, just the idea of how long we'd been together and I just KNEW deep down that he isn't the one.
04/03/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
I've had plenty of heartbreak from unconsummated soulmates, a few lovers, and a husband, but the worst would have to be when my grandmother died.

Going into detail about any of it is too much to deal with at this time of night.
Oh, I didn't expect anyone to go into detail. I just meant sharing if it happened and maybe how many times, that sort of thing. Maybe I should have said thanks to anyone who answers, not shares. However, sharing details is welcome, as well.
04/03/2013
Lady of the Lab Lady of the Lab
More than once...
04/03/2013
gorgeous gorgeous
As in relationships, I would say one and a half times lol. Once when my first boyfriend of a year broke up with me. It really tore me up. And the half goes to the guy I used as a rebound after the first breakup. It really just broke my heart that I had to break his.
04/03/2013
RonLee RonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Lab
More than once...
Like Lady of the Lab said, more than once... many more times than once.
Even when it results in heartache, love is worth the pain.
04/03/2013
Trysexual Trysexual
Too many times.
04/03/2013
captainsgirl captainsgirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I was talking to a friend who is worried about having her heart broken by a man with whom she's becoming involved. I have never had mine broken by a love affair, but I have had it broken in other ways. So, have you ever had your heart broken? How ...
i dont know exact but enough
04/03/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by gorgeous
As in relationships, I would say one and a half times lol. Once when my first boyfriend of a year broke up with me. It really tore me up. And the half goes to the guy I used as a rebound after the first breakup. It really just broke my heart that I ...
I HATE breaking someone's heart!!!!!! It's so much worse than having mine broken, I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it & what they are feeling -- even now, all these years later, I feel awful about it! I don't go around doing it all the time or on purpose, but sometimes it happens despite your best intentions when someone falls in love with you & you never saw it coming...ah, not worth going into detail, but misunderstandings happen, especially when you are young.
04/03/2013
TheirPet TheirPet
Two times.
04/03/2013
Munko Munko
When it comes to lovers or partners, twice. My "first love" who I was with for several years...and then my current Fiance when we went through a rough patch a few years ago.

From other non-sexual or romantic relationships, a few times.
04/03/2013
Living Doll Living Doll
Several times, and only one of those was because of a guy. Pretty much all of my heartbreaks have been due to my abusive family and people who I thought were my friends.
04/03/2013
Martiniman Martiniman
I can only think of one occasion where I felt heartbroken over losing a girl.
04/03/2013
spiced spiced
Three times.

With my first girlfriend, I kind of moved on when I went away to college, two years ahead of her. I behaved like a real shit, just sleeping with whomever I wanted and taking it for granted that my girlfriend back home would always be there. Finally, she broke up with me. After some time, I realized what I'd done and felt HORRIBLE about it. I tried to win her back, but there was just no way. I was heartbroken about her for years.

My next serious girlfriend cheated on me and I felt pretty heartbroken about that. The feeling didn't last, fortunately. She decided she wanted me back (after getting dumped by the guy she cheated on me with). I accepted the "friends with benefits" sex, and although I'm not proud of it, I did enjoy seeing HER heartbreak.

My third serious girlfriend and I were almost perfect for each other, except that she really wanted to have kids, and to have them soon (biological clock, she was several years older) and I really didn't want to have kids. We split, but did friends with benefits for a couple of years. The whole time, I was hoping she'd give up on the kids so we could be together, but it didn't happen. Although I knew it was coming, when she did meet someone else, I was deeply hurt. That feeling only went away when I met the woman who's now my wife, several years later.

Of course, I've felt terrible about people I loved who died (not to mention pets), as well as other losses. If you dare to live and love, you'll experience heartbreak. But it's worth it, in my opinion.
04/03/2013
Chastity Darling Chastity Darling
I have had my heart broken too many times... I have broken even more. I had a reputation for a few years as a heart-breaker because I had 15 (no lie) serious marriage proposals in 3 years. 4 of them were very good platonic friends and the others were guys I casually dated. With only 5 of them was I in an actual relationship and I accepted 2. The first was my first love. The second was my husband.

If for any unforeseen reason my marriage dissolves I will not get married again, no matter how many proposals I receive.
04/03/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by spiced
Three times.

With my first girlfriend, I kind of moved on when I went away to college, two years ahead of her. I behaved like a real shit, just sleeping with whomever I wanted and taking it for granted that my girlfriend back home would ...
Thank you for such a revealing response! I am sometimes amazed at people's candor on here.
04/03/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Chastity Darling
I have had my heart broken too many times... I have broken even more. I had a reputation for a few years as a heart-breaker because I had 15 (no lie) serious marriage proposals in 3 years. 4 of them were very good platonic friends and the others were ...
That is absolutely amazing! You must be quite the catch, indeed! You should start a discussion asking how many marriage proposals people have had & in what time span! I sincerely doubt anyone is going to top your's, but you never know! It won't be me, I don't get sexually propositioned, let alone a marriage proposal!
04/03/2013
joiedejouets joiedejouets
A few times. I've gotten over most of them by now
04/03/2013
KinkyKatieJames KinkyKatieJames
Just once. Right before high school, my boyfriend at the time moved away. We broke up and it hurt like hell.
04/03/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
I saw the newer discussion about what's the worst thing to break & thought this discussion might be interesting to those who answered their heart is the worst thing that can be broken!
05/07/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Munko
When it comes to lovers or partners, twice. My "first love" who I was with for several years...and then my current Fiance when we went through a rough patch a few years ago.

From other non-sexual or romantic relationships, a few times.
Yes, this can be having your heart broken over anything, not just a romance, just a real heart break.
05/07/2013
P'Gell P'Gell
A few times. I don't fall in love easily.

I've had to let a few guys down and it was painful to have to do. One guy was really nice, really sweet, was really into me, and I just... didn't feel it. He was a perfect guy. There was just no spark. I kept putting off having sex with him and I finally realized I was probably leading him on by still seeing him. I had to simply let him know, ya know, "It's not you... it's me." It was true.

An other guy I was friends with and it got to be more than that. I felt weird, because I thought we were just friends and we both felt a lot of heat. I almost had sex with him and had to stop. The man I finally married a year or so later proposed in the middle of my "affair" with this other guy, and I realized My Man was the real thing and we would have to have the Monogamy Talk (as we were officially still Open, poly, whatever you want to call it) We did, and I broke it off with the other guy, the whole, "I got caught up and... it's not you it's me..." again... *sigh*
05/07/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
A few times. I don't fall in love easily.

I've had to let a few guys down and it was painful to have to do. One guy was really nice, really sweet, was really into me, and I just... didn't feel it. He was a perfect guy. There was ...
For me, it's so hard to do that, it's one of the worst feelings ever, breaking someone else's heart! It can happen despite your best efforts to to the contrary, too. But, you were wise to know what had to be done & what was lacking. If you had been busy trying to force something to work, that just wasn't meant to be, you might have missed out on your husband!
05/07/2013
Total posts: 26
Unique posters: 19