How to keep your dog from eating your toys

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

How to keep your dog from eating your toys

SecretToyLover2 SecretToyLover2
So in the last two years, I've owned several, several precious vibrators. Many of which were very small and very expensive. To name a few: MiMi by Je Joue, Mia by LELO, Life by LEAF

My dog, somehow, can find these toys even when they are inside of a drawer. He will actually paw open the dresser drawers to get to the toys, find them, and then chew them to bits. I don't know how to get him to stop.

All my toys are cleaned right after use. I don't know what makes him like them so much! Any advice?
02/19/2012
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Maybe keep your bedroom door closed? Our keep them in a drawer/cabinet/case that he can't open?

I'm not sure what makes some dogs so attracted to these things. Our MinPins are terrified of vibrator noise, so the minute they see a toy come out of a box they take off running. On the other hand, our giant mutt puppy tries her best to get hold of whatever she can and chew it up. I don't think it has anything to do with the toys being clean or not though because I'm talking about new toys coming right out of the shipping boxes!
02/19/2012
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
You could keep them in a locked box, or on a shelf too high for your dog to reach.
02/20/2012
AmberM AmberM
Quote:
Originally posted by SecretToyLover2
So in the last two years, I've owned several, several precious vibrators. Many of which were very small and very expensive. To name a few: MiMi by Je Joue, Mia by LELO, Life by LEAF

My dog, somehow, can find these toys even when they are ...
yeah, try to keep the bedroom door closed, or lock the drawers or something.. That's terrbile, I'd be pissed if my dog did that.
02/20/2012
SecretToyLover2 SecretToyLover2
Well aside from a locked box. You know when it comes to night time and you're done playing, you're exhausted. You clean your toys and you're ready to pass out. I can't always venture into our closet, unlock our lock box and lock everything up. I was just wondering if there's a way to train your dog not to be attracted to something. For example, training your dog to stop chewing shoes. I've never known how, but I know there's a method to it. I search the internet but I can't find any good sources. For him it is specifically the sex toys made of silicone.
02/20/2012
GONE! GONE!
Hmmm... Well, I wouldn't think a lot of the traditional ideas like putting hot sauce on the object would work at all here. D:
02/20/2012
SecretToyLover2 SecretToyLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by GONE!
Hmmm... Well, I wouldn't think a lot of the traditional ideas like putting hot sauce on the object would work at all here. D:
Lol hot sauce? You expect me to put that back in my vagina?! jkjkjk
02/20/2012
SparklyGlitter SparklyGlitter
My pup loves anything that makes noise or feathers
02/20/2012
SecretToyLover2 SecretToyLover2
I don't know if my dog has an attraction to silicone. My husband mentioned that it may be because his dog toys are rubber which resembles silicone in a way. I think he even has a silicone toy.
02/20/2012
Superbals Superbals
Quote:
Originally posted by SecretToyLover2
I don't know if my dog has an attraction to silicone. My husband mentioned that it may be because his dog toys are rubber which resembles silicone in a way. I think he even has a silicone toy.
Sounds like that's it
02/20/2012
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 7