Is This Racist?

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Is This Racist?

Ansley Ansley
Is the phrase "all over it like white on rice" racist?
03/24/2011
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Save 25% on LELO and PicoBong
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Is the phrase "all over it like white on rice" racist?
It wouldn't be to me. Rice *is* white so it's not like you're talking about white people liking rice or something. BUT I'm sure somebody else might take it too figuratively and somehow consider it racist.
03/24/2011
Eden C. Eden C.
Brown rice, forbidden rice, and wild rice might be offended, but I would have to say no, since they're all going to be eaten anyway.
03/24/2011
*Ashley* *Ashley*
No, I don't think so at all. I actually say that often, hope I didn't offend anyone!
03/24/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Eden C.
Brown rice, forbidden rice, and wild rice might be offended, but I would have to say no, since they're all going to be eaten anyway.
Hahahaha! Awesome response!
03/24/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
It wouldn't be to me. Rice *is* white so it's not like you're talking about white people liking rice or something. BUT I'm sure somebody else might take it too figuratively and somehow consider it racist.
Yeah, the too figuratively part is what concerns me. Then again it seems as of late, everything I say pisses someone off.
03/24/2011
markeagleone markeagleone
I think people have taken mere words to far. In the old days, indians called white people "pale face" and white called them "redskin". I don't think anyone back then thought of racism. Words define things, including people. It's when those words are used with malice that they become racist. Most people of today, don't look into the intent of the word. Unfortunately, it seems like they just pick a reason to fight. I'm a lover, not a fighter. You would have a hard time offending me, unless you pick a lot of fights!
03/24/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by markeagleone
I think people have taken mere words to far. In the old days, indians called white people "pale face" and white called them "redskin". I don't think anyone back then thought of racism. Words define things, including people. ...
I do my absolute best to avoid conflict (but we all have our breaking point).

I agree with your assessment. It's frustrating to have to pick and choose words so very carefully these days.
03/24/2011
KaraSutra KaraSutra
Quote:
Originally posted by Eden C.
Brown rice, forbidden rice, and wild rice might be offended, but I would have to say no, since they're all going to be eaten anyway.
LOL! now that made me laugh! Thank you
03/24/2011
Illusional Illusional
Lol, it doesn't seem racist.
03/24/2011
Choolz Choolz
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
It wouldn't be to me. Rice *is* white so it's not like you're talking about white people liking rice or something. BUT I'm sure somebody else might take it too figuratively and somehow consider it racist.
Exactly! The statement is literally about rice not a person but of course, someone somewhere will find a way to make it a racial issue!
03/24/2011
married with children married with children
I would have to say no.
03/24/2011
liilii080 liilii080
Quote:
Originally posted by Eden C.
Brown rice, forbidden rice, and wild rice might be offended, but I would have to say no, since they're all going to be eaten anyway.
That made me spit out my soda! Too funny.
03/24/2011
Eden C. Eden C.
Quote:
Originally posted by liilii080
That made me spit out my soda! Too funny.
Thanks! I hope your monitor is okay!
03/24/2011
Yoda Yoda
Not to me. It come from "white rice" as opposed to "brown rice."
03/24/2011
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 11