Is this true?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Is this true?

Gary Gary
I just read something dumb on the internet, does anyone know if this is true?

In Connorsville Wisconsin, It is illegal for a man to shoot a gun when his female partner has an orgasm.
02/09/2009
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Considering some of the other silly laws local governments have, that wouldn't surprise me.
02/10/2009
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
My mind's eye can see the situation that prompted this law. A patron of a house of ill repute was probably giving it to the woman he selected and was able to really please her (she was probably faking it) and he got out his gun to celebrate and although he didn't point it at any one directly, it bounced or went through a wall and hurt an innocent bystander. He then tried to use as his defense that it was common practice to do what he did, and so they felt it necessary to make a law forbidding such practice. This is just supposition, but I think that kind of thing did get some funny laws made back in the day. Seems very odd that it would still be on the books, though.
02/10/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Being the nerd I am I looked up the State of Wisconsin website, and found the list of cities, towns and villages. There is no Connorsville listed. Just FYI: you can the state laws and local ordinances for many many states and cities by going to that state's official .gov page.
02/10/2009
Gary Gary
Does that mean that Connorsville does not exist, or just that it is not listed on website?
02/10/2009
Ciao. Ciao.
According to Wikipedia Connorsville does indeed exist...Connorsville Wikipedia...but the site also suggests that the law may not have existed since Connorsville was not incorporated (and therefore would probably not pass any city ordinances). Of course, this is wiki, so you'll have to trust the author of the page on this one.
02/10/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Connorsville is not a town or a city according to the Dunn County website (where wiki says Connorsville is located) and does not have any ordinances. It also is not listed as a town or city on the election results for that county. It is just a community area name, as revealed by a search of the county site. It does have a garbage dump, but that appears to be about it.

Dunn County does have a Manure Management ordinance.
02/10/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Here are some real laws relating to sex:

North Carolina Code, Section 14-184: Fornication and adultery.
If any man and woman, not being married to each other, shall lewdly and lasciviously associate, bed and cohabit together, they shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor:

Maryland Section 3-322. Unnatural or perverted sexual practice.
(a) Prohibited.- A person may not:
(1) take the sexual organ of ANOTHER (person) or of an animal in the person's mouth; (there are more involving sex acts with animals)
(b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

Now I'm on a quest.
02/10/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Connorsville is not a town or a city according to the Dunn County website (where wiki says Connorsville is located) and does not have any ordinances. It also is not listed as a town or city on the election results for that county. It is just a ...
Althuogh this law might be hokey, might I say "Welcome to Wisconsin." Half of the communities don't technically exist; that's what makes up the state.
02/10/2009
Darkness Withinus Darkness Withinus
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I just read something dumb on the internet, does anyone know if this is true?In Connorsville Wisconsin, It is illegal for a man to shoot a gun when his female partner has an orgasm.
Oh yes Utah has some pretty interesting laws as well but most of them have been struck from the books. I can't remember any of the good ones its been awhile since I was trying to figure out if owning a flogger was illegal in this state.
02/11/2009
Anica Anica
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness Withinus
Oh yes Utah has some pretty interesting laws as well but most of them have been struck from the books. I can't remember any of the good ones its been awhile since I was trying to figure out if owning a flogger was illegal in this state.
Well, one I remember being told by my grandma was that it was once illegal to have sex on Sunday in Utah. Also, Adultery, oral and anal sex, masturbation are considered sodomy and can lead to imprisonment...or so I'm told!
02/11/2009
Gary Gary
Ha, I just love that word... Sodomy.
02/12/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
Virginia has some about sodomy and such. Here in Texas it was illegal to sell sex toys untill last year maybe or so I have heard.
02/12/2009
Mamastoys Mamastoys
North Carolina has LOTS of strange laws. I guess every state does. It would be nice if some of the high paid lawmakers would go through and clean up the laws but they are fun to read.
03/05/2009
Miss KissThis Miss KissThis
Quote:
Originally posted by Mamastoys
North Carolina has LOTS of strange laws. I guess every state does. It would be nice if some of the high paid lawmakers would go through and clean up the laws but they are fun to read.
(I'm taking a class dealing with laws, and we touch upon this subject now and then...) Generally a state will leave ridiculous laws on the books, either because they are forgotten about or just ridiculous and not enforced, therefor not worth spending the time or money amending.

The main way a strange and out-dated law actually get changed is when someone actually gets charged with breaking it, appeals it, and then higher courts go "oh wait. we should change that"

It's silly, but it's our government
03/05/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
I wonder how much money they spent to make these laws and if they thought it would be wise to make them..

BC someone in the future would eventually want to clean them up and it would cost lots of money/time to do so...

Besides people going to school have to go over and learn these laws which is a total waste of time for everyone if they are out-of-date laws that do not apply anymore..

Maybe they thought it would be cool to have a huge book of laws just to fill pages, like when they put it on the table and say these are our laws!.. I think simple to the point easy to read and follow rules is the way to go..
03/05/2009
Miss KissThis Miss KissThis
Quote:
Originally posted by That Weird Guy
I wonder how much money they spent to make these laws and if they thought it would be wise to make them..

BC someone in the future would eventually want to clean them up and it would cost lots of money/time to do so...

Besides people ...
A lot of them were made a looooong time ago. I'm sure they made sense back then, and were put in place for some reason. Plus, back then making laws cost a lot less, so it probably wasn't a big deal.

Just think- in the future banning gay marriage will seem completely crazy and stupid, and the future generations will probably think whoever passed such a law was nuts. (Oh wait... it IS crazy and stupid. ah well)
03/06/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
Does the whole gay marriage thing still apply to those who are inter-sexed?

Like say a woman or man marries some one of a mixed sex type are they still banning those too? I haven't heard of any info on this...
03/06/2009
Machina Machina
I wonder if they had a big problem with men shooting guns while giving their wives orgasms? How many people could this have happened to in the first place?
03/09/2009
Swallows Swallows
Hee Hee Hee!!!! I'm with you,Machina, just crazy. It makes me laugh when I hear about all of these ridiculous laws. As long as there are two (or more) consenting adults, let people have their fun, no matter how wacky that fun may be!
03/09/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Quote:
Originally posted by That Weird Guy
Does the whole gay marriage thing still apply to those who are inter-sexed?

Like say a woman or man marries some one of a mixed sex type are they still banning those too? I haven't heard of any info on this...
Most state marriage laws are such that the gender that is listed on a person's birth certificate is the gender for purposes of determining what gender that person may legally marry according to state law.

So if I may someday want to marry an FTM, if he doesn't have gender reassignment surgery, AND be convince a doctor to change his birth certificate - we cannot be legally married in Tennessee. The first amendment to our state constitution bans it.

(And actually, in Tennessee they won't actually change the gender on the birth certificate - they just make a line through the former gender and type the new gender above it - even with reassignment surgery.)
03/10/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by Swallows
Hee Hee Hee!!!! I'm with you,Machina, just crazy. It makes me laugh when I hear about all of these ridiculous laws. As long as there are two (or more) consenting adults, let people have their fun, no matter how wacky that fun may be!
My mother in law would not agree. I think she would happily call me immoral, an unfit mother, and do her damnedest to convince her beloved son and anyone else including a judge that some things are just not right. Even if he started it all! Never mind the "evil" in my heart...

Or what a good parent I actually am. Sex is only for those that have ever enjoyed it. The rest freak out.
03/10/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina
I wonder if they had a big problem with men shooting guns while giving their wives orgasms? How many people could this have happened to in the first place?
Yeah, I mean logically you would think that there would be no need to have such a law. But if there is a law about it, logic would also dictate that at some point it must have been a problem.
03/11/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
This is a fairly reliable source of legal information .... and this link is all about "sex" laws

link
03/15/2009
Sammi Sammi
"Sexual positions other than missionary-style are illegal in Washington D.C"

Yet another law the politicians are breaking
03/15/2009
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Heh there is a "blue law" in Missouri that makes it illegal to have sexual relations with your neighbors horse...nothing is listed about lovin' your own horse but leave your neighbors alone consarn it!
03/30/2009
Total posts: 26
Unique posters: 17