Kick ass baby names

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Kick ass baby names

Rod Ronald Rod Ronald
I need some help with baby names. I want something unique and just amazing. Any help, at this point I need both boy and girl's names. Go wild. Just leave out Thor and She-Ra.
01/14/2013
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
Cricket! I LOVE that name. My boyfriend hates it though... he can't look past the fact that it's a bug. I'd tell you my top secret baby name but then I'd have to kill you...
01/14/2013
shorejen9 shorejen9
I'm not into trendy names as a personal preference. I tend to stick to classic names.
01/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Storm. Just sayin'.


As someone who grew up with an unusual name, please think about what you're doing to your child. It's their label in life, so don't make a decision that will get their resumes ignored because the hiring manager doesn't believe this person really exists. Also, it needs to be a name that either matures with them or they can grow into. The cutesy names don't work on adults. (Unless they're committed to living a vapid life.)
01/14/2013
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Storm. Just sayin'.


As someone who grew up with an unusual name, please think about what you're doing to your child. It's their label in life, so don't make a decision that will get their resumes ignored because the hiring ...
My niece's middle name is Storm. Her first name is Kiana. My brother and his wife both have unusual names, so they decided that their kids should, too! My brother is Skyler Swift and his wife is Teal Mist. They have a son, too, named River Cobalt.

Stormy, is your name actually Storm? I LOVE that name.
01/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Lickable Lollie
My niece's middle name is Storm. Her first name is Kiana. My brother and his wife both have unusual names, so they decided that their kids should, too! My brother is Skyler Swift and his wife is Teal Mist. They have a son, too, named River ...
Those aren't terrible choices by any means, rather spunky and kinda trendy. And it's their middle names...so that's a plus.

Let's just say all throughout school no one had any problems asking me if my parents were hippies, druggies, idiots or just plain cruel. They also had no issues with constantly asking me if I had a brother named Lightning or Thunder. Kids are assholes.
01/14/2013
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Those aren't terrible choices by any means, rather spunky and kinda trendy. And it's their middle names...so that's a plus.

Let's just say all throughout school no one had any problems asking me if my parents were hippies, ...
River is the elder of the two and when Teal got pregnant with Kiana we told her she should name her Brooke...get it? HA! Glad they didn't though, she is SOOO a Kiana.
01/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Lickable Lollie
River is the elder of the two and when Teal got pregnant with Kiana we told her she should name her Brooke...get it? HA! Glad they didn't though, she is SOOO a Kiana.
I'm glad they didn't, too! I do like Kiana. I've always been partial to "Sabra" as well. Just really strong feminine names.
01/14/2013
Beautiful-Disaster Beautiful-Disaster
I love the name Kellan.
01/14/2013
kkizzee05 kkizzee05
One of my friends names her daughter Emagin... Her name is Emma and Her mother's name is Ginny...
01/14/2013
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
Quote:
Originally posted by kkizzee05
One of my friends names her daughter Emagin... Her name is Emma and Her mother's name is Ginny...
Pronounces "Imagine" or "Emma Jean" ?
01/14/2013
travelnurse travelnurse
My oldest son is Skyler, it is actually an old German Man's name. Then of course when he was 5 all the girls started to be named Skylar. Yes we call him Sky. He even has it on his license plates.

My second son is Sterling, which is also an old mans name. I have been told by many that it is a very strong name and classic.
01/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by travelnurse
My oldest son is Skyler, it is actually an old German Man's name. Then of course when he was 5 all the girls started to be named Skylar. Yes we call him Sky. He even has it on his license plates.

My second son is Sterling, which is ...
I've always loved the name Sterling!
01/14/2013
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Stuff I would have named my kids if I ever had any:

Male -
Warren
Sherlock
Math
Gillet

Female -
Morgaine
Dagmar
Dora/Dorothy
Tanith

(It is likely a good thing I never had nor particularly wanted kids.)
01/14/2013
Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
I don't have any suggestions at the moment, but I wanted to point out the the Social Security Administration website has a tool for looking up the popularity of baby names from as far back as 1880 through 2011. It's really interesting to see where the name you pick falls on the list!

Of course, my son was named after his grandfathers and his name was in the top ten boys names for the year he was born...
01/14/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
One of my favorite girl names has always been Zoe. Either Zoe Rae or Zoe Jane. It's not too amazing or unique though.

For males, my partner and I have the named Justin Andrew picked out but those are names of friends that have passed away. We haven't thought much about male names past that.
01/14/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
One of my favorite girl names has always been Zoe. Either Zoe Rae or Zoe Jane. It's not too amazing or unique though.

For males, my partner and I have the named Justin Andrew picked out but those are names of friends that have passed away. We haven't thought much about male names past that.
01/14/2013
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
My daughters all have more common names other than my youngest, Annika.

I wouldn't go with something crazy. Unique is one thing, but don't make it so that it's difficult for people to spell. EVERYONE has always spelled my name wrong because they're used to it being spelled a different way. It's been frustrating, especially while I was in school, and now when I see the doctor. Stormy and I have actually had this conversation before!

I've always loved these names:

Girls:
Emery
Emerson
Madelyn
Evangeline
Imogene

Boys:
Avery
Evan (this was my boy name had my youngest been male)
Emmitt


I've had more practice looking for girl names than boy names, thus my longer list for girls!
01/14/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
Quote:
Originally posted by PropertyOfPotter
My daughters all have more common names other than my youngest, Annika.

I wouldn't go with something crazy. Unique is one thing, but don't make it so that it's difficult for people to spell. EVERYONE has always spelled my name ...
Oh my gosh I love the name Annika! I was a nanny for a young girl named Annika and I fell in love with the name.
01/14/2013
FLIPxMODE FLIPxMODE
Wilbur
01/14/2013
leanright69 leanright69
First name of North.
01/14/2013
TheirPet TheirPet
Ambrose!
01/14/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Stuff I would have named my kids if I ever had any:

Male -
Warren
Sherlock
Math
Gillet

Female -
Morgaine
Dagmar
Dora/Dorothy
Tanith

(It is likely a good thing I never had nor particularly wanted kids.)
My friends name is Dagmar I think that is cute.
01/14/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
My daughters name is Arine'. My son's name is Jayda but we call him Jay for short.

Here are girls names that I liked.

Akira
Akasha
Kairi

Don't have any boys names that I really like.
01/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceToTheMiddleEast
My daughters name is Arine'. My son's name is Jayda but we call him Jay for short.

Here are girls names that I liked.

Akira
Akasha
Kairi

Don't have any boys names that I really like.
Akasha reminded me of Rowan - always a kickass name!
01/14/2013
hjtee hjtee
I really like Ophelia!
01/14/2013
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceToTheMiddleEast
My friends name is Dagmar I think that is cute.
I used that name for one of my favorite characters in a novel, so I have a love for it. Her nickname is "Dags". I'm glad it's still being used in real life.
01/14/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
I love the names Raven and Rowan for girls. I wanted to name my son Jordan or Ryan but his father wasn't partial to either name so we named him for his grandfather. All of my children have two middle names which is kinda nice. They are named after relatives and my great grandmother was just thrilled when I named my first born after her. My son is named for his grandfather and both his fathers.
01/14/2013
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
ok ok ok...my super secret baby name is Adelaide....Adelaide Grace to be exact. I use it in most of my writing, and I just ADORE the name.
01/14/2013
Femme Mystique Femme Mystique
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Those aren't terrible choices by any means, rather spunky and kinda trendy. And it's their middle names...so that's a plus.

Let's just say all throughout school no one had any problems asking me if my parents were hippies, ...
Similarly, my maiden name is the name of an automobile manufacturer, so I was often teased growing up with names like "Ms. Chevy".
01/14/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 44
Unique posters: 25