Missing Mentor...What do I do?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Missing Mentor...What do I do?

Martiniman Martiniman
First off let me say that I love my Mentor. My Mentor is well experienced, edits my reviews wonderfully, and has been there to answer my questions whenever I have them. She not only helped me to better understand EF and how to enjoy the site more, she was also something of a chat friend, helping me to understand how to write better reviews.

The problem, she's gone missing. It's been awhile since I've chatted with her and its been about a week and my last message to her has gone unanswered. Yes, I know she has a life, but she was also very active in the forums, yet I haven't seen her here in a long time. I'm not a PI, but something tells me she's gone inactive.

I'm getting ready to start back up writing more reviews on the multitude of items I've acquired from EF, and I'd really like to have a Mentor who would edit them, and be there to help me write better reviews, as well as answer my simple questions or point me in the right direction. I really love my Mentor, and not really happy about the thought of losing her, but it seems she's no longer active.

What should I do?
02/11/2013
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
K101 K101
Quote:
Originally posted by Martiniman
First off let me say that I love my Mentor. My Mentor is well experienced, edits my reviews wonderfully, and has been there to answer my questions whenever I have them. She not only helped me to better understand EF and how to enjoy the site more, ...
How long, a week? Give her time then. We do have a lot of other things that go on & you never know, she may have lost internet connection, especially if she's living where there's a lot of bad weather (snow) right now.

I just want to say, as mentors, we wait a whole heck of a long time for students. I've had some students for 6 months+! So really one week surely won't hurt. She's likely got a totally acceptable excuse if she's as reputable as you say & I can imagine she must be wonderful by what you've said.

One week is not that long if she's never done it before & if you really consider what all might be going on. I mean we have jobs, Eden & families, so things can get very crazy. I'd definitely give her a little longer. At least another week. Why would she go inactive, do you think? Most reputable mentors don't just "go inactive" here. Has she been here for a really long time & have a lot of students? If so, she is not just gone.
02/11/2013
Martiniman Martiniman
Quote:
Originally posted by K101
How long, a week? Give her time then. We do have a lot of other things that go on & you never know, she may have lost internet connection, especially if she's living where there's a lot of bad weather (snow) right now.

I just want ...
I hope I didn't sound impatient, I'm not. I'm very willing to wait for her, but its been since October since I've last heard from her in a message and almost as long since I've seen her in the forum. I messaged her last week and haven't heard back from her, and that is unusual, as she's never taken so long to get back to me. I know she has a life and I completely understand that, but when I add it all up it leaves me wondering. Therefore, I was simply asking for advice as of what to do.

Thanks for your input Kendra.
02/11/2013
Sammi Sammi
I would suggest sending another message, and giving her a specific date to respond by (however long you're comfortable with, but if it's already been since October, I'd suggest a week to 10 days from when you send the message). Let her know that you'd like to continue with her, but if she doesn't respond by the date you've given, you'll need to cancel class or find another mentor. That way, you give her time to respond and let you know what's going on, and if you don't hear back by then, you can cancel and find another mentor who's active and can help you out.

I hope that helps!
02/11/2013
Martiniman Martiniman
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I would suggest sending another message, and giving her a specific date to respond by (however long you're comfortable with, but if it's already been since October, I'd suggest a week to 10 days from when you send the message). Let her ...
Thank you Sammi, I'm being patient, but your opinion helps.
02/12/2013
Total posts: 5
Unique posters: 3