Mold...

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Mold...

RagdollsandZombies RagdollsandZombies
So I decided today to give the kitchen a full cleaning and was tackling the cabinets where things tend to get shoved into and forgotten. One thing that was forgotten (for who knows how long) was the large coffee maker, as I pulled it out I noticed that the filter was still full of used coffee grounds and now mold. It even had time to move into the water tank so my question is, is there any tips on getting it mold free or should I just call it dead to me and throw it out?
02/18/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
BobbiJay BobbiJay
I would do a 10% bleach run through but if you really want to make sure it's clean toss it and buy a new one.
02/18/2012
NurseKitty NurseKitty
Yeah I would just run the coffee maker through a cycle with bleach in the water and then run regular water through to rise. Icky surprise for you though
02/18/2012
RagdollsandZombies RagdollsandZombies
Quote:
Originally posted by NurseKitty
Yeah I would just run the coffee maker through a cycle with bleach in the water and then run regular water through to rise. Icky surprise for you though
Yeah It wasn't fun to see luckily it didn't have much smell but I will try what you and BobbiJay say and run it through with a little bleach and if I'm still not sure about it toss it. Thank you.
02/18/2012
Ghost Ghost
Most fungal spores can survive a bleach bath. They can even survive boiling water. If the mold has been in there a long time, it's likely gone through multiple sporulation events, and there are spores all over that cabinet just waiting to get a splash of water and a constant food source to start growing.
02/19/2012
RagdollsandZombies RagdollsandZombies
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
Most fungal spores can survive a bleach bath. They can even survive boiling water. If the mold has been in there a long time, it's likely gone through multiple sporulation events, and there are spores all over that cabinet just waiting to get a ...
Well now that I'm all paranoid I believe I'm going to throw out the coffee maker and scrub the hell out of the cabinets with some heavy duty cleaners.
02/19/2012
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 4