My mind's going haywire over writing a new review...am I the only one?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

My mind's going haywire over writing a new review...am I the only one?

Rossie Rossie
I haven't written reviews in months, and have decided to work on one yesterday; all I can think of is the contents of my review and nothing else. Is it my OCD affecting me, making me go haywire over it? Anyone else feel that way while working on a review?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Never happened to me, writing a review is easy as pie.
SomewhatSomewhere
1
It happens to me sometimes.
Silverdrop , Entropy , Missmarc , Jul!a , Beck , Cookie Monster Mike , Undead , Ansley , js250 , PassionQT , lilly555 , wrmbreze , Penguin , sktb0007 , AmberM , Ryuson , Lover of Leather , QSBybakd , GONE! , BobbiJay , samanthalynn , poetprincess , dv8
23
Writing a review makes me go haywire every time.
Other ...
js250
1
Total votes: 25 (24 voters)
Poll is closed
01/30/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Entropy Entropy
I find that if it doesn't start "flowing" right away I start procrastinating. I then have to talk myself through it and make it happen. Sucks, but it happens sometimes.
01/30/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
I find that if it doesn't start "flowing" right away I start procrastinating. I then have to talk myself through it and make it happen. Sucks, but it happens sometimes.
I have the same problem
01/30/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Once I can sit down and get myself started on writing a review, it usually comes pretty fast. But it's the whole sitting down to make myself do it thing that usually gets me.
01/30/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Once I can sit down and get myself started on writing a review, it usually comes pretty fast. But it's the whole sitting down to make myself do it thing that usually gets me.
Same here. I have to get busy right now. Luckily I have the Use part done already.
01/30/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Sometimes I cannot quite get a review to flow correctly. It's usually when I read over it and it just sounds so black and white and boring. Usually I just take a short break and focus on something else.

What I really hate is when I am really in the mood for writing a review and it's going sooooo well then I am interrupted and have to stop. It screws me up bad.
01/30/2012
Undead Undead
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I haven't written reviews in months, and have decided to work on one yesterday; all I can think of is the contents of my review and nothing else. Is it my OCD affecting me, making me go haywire over it? Anyone else feel that way while working ...
Sometimes I find myself not being able to think of the right word I want to use.
01/30/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
Sometimes I cannot quite get a review to flow correctly. It's usually when I read over it and it just sounds so black and white and boring. Usually I just take a short break and focus on something else.

What I really hate is when I am ...
Yeah, I hate that part too; or when words or ideas pops into my mind when I'm away from the computer:
01/30/2012
js250 js250
Once I gather my notebook and start to write, it usually starts to flow. Otherwise, I take a small break and go feed the dog or other small chore and try it again. If it continues to get stuck and drive me crazy with the details I will either look at it with a different perspective or shelf it for a few hours to a couple of days. My husband is a wonderful help since we try the items out together and he adds his opinions to a lot of my reviews. Sometimes the ideas you have for the review and the plan you have outlined for it either in your head or on notes are just not going to work. Start fresh and get a new look at the item, alternative use, funny story and just let the new ideas jumble out together--then put them in order. Good Luck!!
01/30/2012
lilly555 lilly555
There are certain types of review I can do quickly and others I have difficulty with that take me forever. For the most part I do pieces at a time usually starting with the small stuff like pictures or packaging just to get me in the mood to write.
01/30/2012
AmberM AmberM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Once I can sit down and get myself started on writing a review, it usually comes pretty fast. But it's the whole sitting down to make myself do it thing that usually gets me.
Same here.
01/30/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
I think that it really depends on the toy. If I'm writing a review of a 4 star toy that has 100 4 star reviews, I tend to get a bit slow and drag it on.
01/30/2012
QSBybakd QSBybakd
I'm going through this right now. I had no trouble with my first two reviews, but with this one I feel really lost about what / how to write it.
01/31/2012
GONE! GONE!
Yeah, it's happened.
01/31/2012
samanthalynn samanthalynn
it happens
01/31/2012
SomewhatSomewhere SomewhatSomewhere
I'm a writer, born that way. I can general bang out a good review on a first try and be done with it. Then again, I've participated in National Novel Writing Month (that's 50,000 words in 30 days) so anything less than that is cake.
01/31/2012
poetprincess poetprincess
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I haven't written reviews in months, and have decided to work on one yesterday; all I can think of is the contents of my review and nothing else. Is it my OCD affecting me, making me go haywire over it? Anyone else feel that way while working ...
It happens to me all the time..
02/01/2012
Total posts: 17
Unique posters: 16