Myers-Briggs Personality Type

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

Myers-Briggs Personality Type

FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer the Cat
I'm an INFP too
Ah, another member of the 1%. Can I ask what career field you're in?
05/07/2013
MissCatastrophe MissCatastrophe
I'm an INTP, but occasionally test as an INTJ.
05/10/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by MissCatastrophe
I'm an INTP, but occasionally test as an INTJ.
Oh, you LUCKY. Sounds like you're more decisive than I am. It takes me forever just to decide which of the many items in my wishlists I should get THIS time!
05/11/2013
RonLee RonLee
ENFP or ENFJ
05/11/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
ENFP or ENFJ
Oh, you're almost the extroverted version of me! I envy you a bit, as well!
05/13/2013
evanescentowl evanescentowl
I'm an INFJ. It's interesting to see just how many introverts there are on here. When we took the test in my sociology class and later in my psychology class, the I's were certainly in the minority.

Gotta love the internet. ;D
05/14/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by evanescentowl
I'm an INFJ. It's interesting to see just how many introverts there are on here. When we took the test in my sociology class and later in my psychology class, the I's were certainly in the minority.

Gotta love the internet. ;D
Exactly! In general, E's are more common than I's, which is why we're so often misunderstood. However, on the interweb, I's are more common because we're the ones sitting at home alone, typing away; communicating with others, but in a way that allows more introspection, and also allows us to be alone while we communicate!

I'm betting the inventors on the 'net were I's.
05/14/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
Exactly! In general, E's are more common than I's, which is why we're so often misunderstood. However, on the interweb, I's are more common because we're the ones sitting at home alone, typing away; communicating with others, but ...
Excellent points! The Internet has really been a boon to us "I's", don't you think? I would take & raise your bet!
05/15/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Excellent points! The Internet has really been a boon to us "I's", don't you think? I would take & raise your bet!
Haha! Indeed. (That was supposed to be "OF the 'net", by the way.)

I know the man who invented the first computer was definitely an I: Alan Turing. Also gay.
05/15/2013
XxFallenAngelxX XxFallenAngelxX
ENFJ
Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(50%) Judging(44%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
05/15/2013
Hummingbird Hummingbird
I took this test many years ago at work for a Myers-Briggs Seminar and discovered I was a ISFJ (6%): "Conservator". Loyal people with a desire to help.
05/15/2013
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
INFP

Introvert(39%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(6)%
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (39%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (6%)
05/15/2013
joiedejouets joiedejouets
INFP!
05/15/2013
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
How many people here are familiar with this? It's a system created by psychologists to help categorize different personalities, in order to help people better understand each other. There are four basic spectrums, and the theory goes that all ...
ISFJ-I need to be needed and am taken for granted. Sounds about right!
05/15/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Wow, POP and Jenasaisquoi - we have the same type, which is only 1% of the population (at least in the U.S.).
05/15/2013
kristina2007 kristina2007
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
How many people here are familiar with this? It's a system created by psychologists to help categorize different personalities, in order to help people better understand each other. There are four basic spectrums, and the theory goes that all ...
intj
05/21/2013
asphyxia asphyxia
I'm about split 50/50 between INFP and ISFP and my hubby is INTP. The F and T difference can be a little troublesome at times, but we're pretty darn compatible outside of that.
05/21/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by asphyxia
I'm about split 50/50 between INFP and ISFP and my hubby is INTP. The F and T difference can be a little troublesome at times, but we're pretty darn compatible outside of that.
Do you find that your F and his T balance each other out a bit? Or does one of you tend to dominate the decision-making?
05/24/2013
unicorn64 unicorn64
ENFJ Just not sure what it means.
05/26/2013
themonstersmate themonstersmate
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
How many people here are familiar with this? It's a system created by psychologists to help categorize different personalities, in order to help people better understand each other. There are four basic spectrums, and the theory goes that all ...
I'm an INTP
05/30/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by unicorn64
ENFJ Just not sure what it means.
It means you're more extroverted than introverted; you tend to see the possibilities, the big picture, and connections between things, rather than focusing on the hard facts of current reality; you tend to make decisions based more on how you feel about them than what you think about them; and you prefer to have things decided and settled than to "play it by ear" or continue gathering information.
05/30/2013
SydneyScreams SydneyScreams
I'm an INFJ
05/30/2013
asphyxia asphyxia
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
Do you find that your F and his T balance each other out a bit? Or does one of you tend to dominate the decision-making?
Decision making? LOL!!! Nooooooooooo we're *really* bad at coming to any sort of decision about anything. Literally. Sometimes we don't eat until 10 pm or later because neither one of us can figure out what to have for dinner, and we keep shooting down each other's suggestions... That's how all decision-making goes in our house. It's depressing!

My husband is VERY 'T' and I'm VERY 'F'. I guess if I had to say anything about how we finally come to any decision, it's usually because I get exasperated (and hungry) and decide to do my own thing. THEN my husband miraculously arrives at some sort of decision. We're pretty sad!

My husband is definitely the more passive person, and I'm the passionate one... so I suppose that my intensity usually does win out... but we're both pretty apathetic (which is sort of a contradiction, I know, but trust me, passion and apathy CAN happen simultaneously, about different things... if you're me...), so I wouldn't call it 'dominating' as much just my hubby accepting that his decision-making process is incompatible with accomplishing anything... lol.
06/04/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by asphyxia
Decision making? LOL!!! Nooooooooooo we're *really* bad at coming to any sort of decision about anything. Literally. Sometimes we don't eat until 10 pm or later because neither one of us can figure out what to have for dinner, and we keep ...
Hmmm...that sounds a lot like the dinner decision-making between my ex-husband and I! I have a history of being really bad at making a firm decision, taking forever to order at restaurants and such, but I'm better now. Maybe with time, you two will get a better handle on what you're each seeking in a meal, and which things fit those requirements, and be okay with eating different things if that's what works.

I'm still terrible about deciding what to add to my EF order to get free shipping, though! It once cost me extra money, because the promotion on something I definitely wanted changed to a smaller discount during the time it was taking me to decide on my final order.
06/04/2013
MikeyWayFan MikeyWayFan
I'm a big believer in the Myers-Briggs personality types. The first time I took the test was in college. It was either a psych class or with a counselor, I can't remember. I was INTJ/INTP. I recently re-tested online and got ISTJ, I think.

They say that when you take the test, it's best if you use your first instinct. You should answer based on how you are, not how you want to be. But even going on my instinct like that, my answers change often because I react differently in different situations, as I'm sure most people do.

Today I looked at the below website:

link

Based on the descriptions there, I'm I(S/N)T(J/P), or IXTX.
06/10/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyWayFan
I'm a big believer in the Myers-Briggs personality types. The first time I took the test was in college. It was either a psych class or with a counselor, I can't remember. I was INTJ/INTP. I recently re-tested online and got ISTJ, I ...
Nice! I, too, think it's a great tool for categorizing personalities and understanding people better, including ourselves. I wish I was more on the S and J sides! Lucky you!
06/10/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 56
Unique posters: 32