our first 90 degree day this year

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

our first 90 degree day this year

married with children married with children
We had our first 90 degree plus day this year. August is almost over. I guess it is a late summer for us here in the pacific northwest. It has been so late that I have not needed to water the grass or flowers until today. Anyone else having a really weird summer weather wise?
08/20/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
We had our first 90 degree plus day this year. August is almost over. I guess it is a late summer for us here in the pacific northwest. It has been so late that I have not needed to water the grass or flowers until today. Anyone else having a ...
My outdoor sensor shows 98 degrees, guess that's the hottest day around town this year? I remember the real heat began last year, when it was time for the kids to go back to school. The leaves on my poor little Dogwood tree have been wilting for the past two weeks, even though I've been watering it every three days, everything else seems to be OK. We're pretty lucky to have nice cool weather for most of the summer. Before I moved up here, I thought it's always cloudy and wet, no matter what time of the year. Guess the people promoting Oregon doesn't want too many folks to move here, so they never mention how hot and sunny it can get also.
08/20/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
My outdoor sensor shows 98 degrees, guess that's the hottest day around town this year? I remember the real heat began last year, when it was time for the kids to go back to school. The leaves on my poor little Dogwood tree have been wilting for ...
true. We dont want alot of people moving in to town. How long have you lived in oregon?
08/20/2011
Kim! Kim!
Ugh, you are so fortunate! I'm near Buffalo, NY and this summer has been beastly! The heat index has been over 110 at some points. Our grass has been fairly brown for awhile now too. Spring started off really rainy and unseasonably cool but once summer actually hit, it hit!
08/20/2011
Kim! Kim!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
My outdoor sensor shows 98 degrees, guess that's the hottest day around town this year? I remember the real heat began last year, when it was time for the kids to go back to school. The leaves on my poor little Dogwood tree have been wilting for ...
Haha, the cloudy, rainy weather stereotype has made me consider moving out there before!
08/20/2011
Kinkypixie Kinkypixie
Here in the south we are rounding our 68th triple digit temperature day this summer. At night the lowest I have seen it get is 77 though it has probably reached lower...though at midnight it is normally still around 90. Im so ready for it to be colder already!
08/20/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
true. We dont want alot of people moving in to town. How long have you lived in oregon?
About six years. We were visiting one summer, and we fell in love with the beautiful green firs, especially when driving on I205 near Lake Oswego and West Linn. So, a year later we sold our house in Northern Cal and moved!

How about you, are you one of the true Oregonians?
08/20/2011
null null
So lucky!
It's stayed over 100 for most of this month here...
08/20/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim!
Haha, the cloudy, rainy weather stereotype has made me consider moving out there before!
Yeah, I got tricked. But it DOES stay cloudy and wet during the other parts of the year.
08/20/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinkypixie
Here in the south we are rounding our 68th triple digit temperature day this summer. At night the lowest I have seen it get is 77 though it has probably reached lower...though at midnight it is normally still around 90. Im so ready for it to be ...
I didn't check the temperature last night, but the night before was 58 degrees, in fact it's been around that temperature for quite a few for nights.
08/20/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
About six years. We were visiting one summer, and we fell in love with the beautiful green firs, especially when driving on I205 near Lake Oswego and West Linn. So, a year later we sold our house in Northern Cal and moved!

How about you, ...
yes born and raised here. I have been all over the world, but I love it in oregon. Japan would be the closest place to oregon. But not in the cities, out in the country. If a non citizen could buy property there, I might have moved there about 10 years ago.
I do not live in portland. I grew up there and hate how the city works. I am out in the country and love it.
08/20/2011
-BillD -BillD
Ugh, I wish I could say that. It is always in the mid 90s or higher, and the humidity is always above 80%.
08/20/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
yes born and raised here. I have been all over the world, but I love it in oregon. Japan would be the closest place to oregon. But not in the cities, out in the country. If a non citizen could buy property there, I might have moved there about 10 ...
Yes, it's way too crowded in the metros of Japan, and realty is soooo expensive. I didn't know non-citizens are not allowed to buy property. Does your wife have relatives there?

We're not in Portland neither, we only drive to the southeast side once a month to pickup magazines from Hong Kong and buy Chinese groceries. We live in the little city of Sherwood. So where in the country do you live?
08/21/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Yes, it's way too crowded in the metros of Japan, and realty is soooo expensive. I didn't know non-citizens are not allowed to buy property. Does your wife have relatives there?

We're not in Portland neither, we only drive to ...
sherwood is so expensive. I had some friends who lived out there, they moved to scapoose to save money and get a bigger house. I live out past saint helens.

yes we have relatives in Japan. So we have spent alot of time there over the years. I love the country of japan. so beautiful, like the country here in oregon. Also love the island of maui. away from the cities of course.
08/21/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
sherwood is so expensive. I had some friends who lived out there, they moved to scapoose to save money and get a bigger house. I live out past saint helens.

yes we have relatives in Japan. So we have spent alot of time there over the ...
We've never been to St. Helens, is it foggy up there in the cooler months? I'm just guessing, since it always appeared to be foggy in the Twilight movies. I'm crazy about foggy places!
08/21/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
We've never been to St. Helens, is it foggy up there in the cooler months? I'm just guessing, since it always appeared to be foggy in the Twilight movies. I'm crazy about foggy places!
no, only a few days of fog. but it is foggy in portland on those days also. It is a nice quite part of town. river on one side and the west hills to my back. About 3 or 4 cops live within sight of my driveway. Only a few bad neighbors that bring the neighborhood down.
08/21/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
good grief, my first 90 degree day of the year was in... april. thank you sunshine state. you are so very incredibly blessed. and i've always wanted to visit oregon! that's pretty awesome you live there
08/21/2011
married with children married with children
we normal hit 90 degrees in late july, then most of august. But this years it has been on the cool side. But my garden is gowning, I have not gotten a sun burn yet this summer, and so I am not complaining about it not being that hot. Also have not had to turn on the A/C.

You should come visit Oregon some day. The beach's are some of the best in the country. The mountains are beautiful. The deserts have many wonderful things to stop and see.
08/21/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Spice
good grief, my first 90 degree day of the year was in... april. thank you sunshine state. you are so very incredibly blessed. and i've always wanted to visit oregon! that's pretty awesome you live there
And you'll probably want to move over here too, after you've visited, just like us!
08/21/2011
Lucky21 Lucky21
We've had a ton in MN. Glad it seems like all the heat is over.
08/21/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
no, only a few days of fog. but it is foggy in portland on those days also. It is a nice quite part of town. river on one side and the west hills to my back. About 3 or 4 cops live within sight of my driveway. Only a few bad neighbors that bring ...
I guess we've had more foggy days than you did. Do you live right by the river, that'll be really nice! Hmm, St. Helens sounds like a very nice place, I'm going to have my husband drive us up there to check it up, maybe sometime in the fall when it's cooler. He loves photography, and will enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Sherwood police are pretty tight on crimes too. Unfortunately more people are moving in every year thanks to Money magazine, and there may be a crook or two in the mix, the cops usually do a good job kicking them out of town pretty fast.
08/21/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I guess we've had more foggy days than you did. Do you live right by the river, that'll be really nice! Hmm, St. Helens sounds like a very nice place, I'm going to have my husband drive us up there to check it up, maybe sometime in the ...
no, about a mile and half from the river. The side of town by the river is old. old houses and shops, and alot of crimes happen there. I live up in the hills. Newer homes up here.
08/22/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
no, about a mile and half from the river. The side of town by the river is old. old houses and shops, and alot of crimes happen there. I live up in the hills. Newer homes up here.
So is it still all right to drive and walk around the waterfront?
08/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
We had our first 90 degree plus day this year. August is almost over. I guess it is a late summer for us here in the pacific northwest. It has been so late that I have not needed to water the grass or flowers until today. Anyone else having a ...
Lucky you! I'm near Chicago and while it's been relatively nice lately we had a period of time where the heat index was close to 110.
08/22/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
So is it still all right to drive and walk around the waterfront?
yes, mostly drug related crimes. so its safe to walk around the waterfront. They just redid the park on the river.
08/23/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Lucky you! I'm near Chicago and while it's been relatively nice lately we had a period of time where the heat index was close to 110.
I cant do that high of a temp. I was in vegas a few years back, middle of summer and it was 116 in the middle of the day. I had to be outside for a compatation all day. It was so hot. I love it here. We had a few days 2 years ago where it was above 100. but most of the time, the highest it gets is 98 or so. Then it cools down at night.
08/23/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
I cant do that high of a temp. I was in vegas a few years back, middle of summer and it was 116 in the middle of the day. I had to be outside for a compatation all day. It was so hot. I love it here. We had a few days 2 years ago where it was ...
Ouch, that's super hot. I don't think I could do that hot on a consistent basis, but it was nice to ride my motorcycle in shorts for a while, even if I know it's a bad idea lol.
08/23/2011
married with children married with children
You ride in shorts! not a good idea at all.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I know it's a bad idea, but I continue to maintain that I'm making a conscious decision to ride that way and am fully aware of the risks and that with the heat I stand a good chance of succumbing to the heat with full gear on, so it's safer for me to chance it in something that will keep my temperature down because if I pass out from the heat I'm gonna crash either way lol.
08/24/2011
married with children married with children
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I know it's a bad idea, but I continue to maintain that I'm making a conscious decision to ride that way and am fully aware of the risks and that with the heat I stand a good chance of succumbing to the heat with full gear on, so it's ...
My buddy has some nice cycles, That I know he would like to take out more. But if he cant wear his full set of leathers, he does not go riding. You will get hurt either way if you lay your cycle down, but I would want the highest chance of getting the lest hurt as possible.

Be careful
08/25/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 10