Popular Music That is Appropriate for Children

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Popular Music That is Appropriate for Children

wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Hello all!

Well, for Christmas, my girlfriend's nephew got an mp3 player. Tonight, we are finally setting it up on the computer, but all three adults in the house are utterly stumped as to what is appropriate for him to listen to.

Of course what he likes really isn't appropriate. Like Lady GaGa or Ke$ha. While we like those artists, we don't think that their music is appropriate for an 8-year-old boy.

So, what are you suggestions for some more toned down artists or bands? Any genre is open.

We aren't looking for totally wholesome music, because we'd like him to like what he has on there.
01/04/2013
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Deeder Deeder
They Might Be Giants!

Granted, some of their stuff isn't exactly age appropriate, but for the most part its both safe and fun!
01/04/2013
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Deeder
They Might Be Giants!

Granted, some of their stuff isn't exactly age appropriate, but for the most part its both safe and fun!
Oh I love them!
01/05/2013
GONE! GONE!
Maybe some instrumental electronica that has a similar sound to Lady Gaga and Ke$ha?
01/05/2013
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by GONE!
Maybe some instrumental electronica that has a similar sound to Lady Gaga and Ke$ha?
That could definitely work, yes.
01/05/2013
Ryuson Ryuson
When I was his age I liked the Bare Naked Ladies!

An idea might be to look up the soundtrack to a few movies he likes. Usually PG movies use PG music in their soundtracks!
01/05/2013
ARPKasso ARPKasso
Look into Kidz Bop?
01/05/2013
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
When I was his age I liked the Bare Naked Ladies!

An idea might be to look up the soundtrack to a few movies he likes. Usually PG movies use PG music in their soundtracks!
Oh I liked them too when I was younger.

Kidz Bop is great... but they still cover a lot of songs that aren't really appropriate.

Unless we look into the older Kidz Bop.
01/05/2013
Total posts: 8
Unique posters: 5