Share your tattoos!

Jul!a Jul!a
There's a billion and one threads about would you get tattoos, do you like tattoos, do you think tattoos are sexy, and etc. But I don't think I've seen one that asks people to share theirs yet, so here I am making it.

Basically, you'd just share a picture if you have one, and what it means to you if you want to. If you can't get a picture you like, describe it for us in detail. But I think it'd be really neat to see some of the ink that this nifty community has.
08/01/2011
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
I'll go first with a few of mine. I have more, but I don't want to make a giant picture wall lol.

My very first one: My mom got her masters the same year I graduated from high school so we got this as a matching tattoo



My best friend and I have this tattooed across our left feet:



An old friend of mine had this tattooed on his arm. A few years ago he was found in a lake on his college campus. I didn't get this specifically as a tribute to him, but he's part of it:

08/01/2011
Kindred Kindred
No tattoos to share. I was always too indecisive to pick an image I wanted so I never did any. I love the one on your left foot.
08/01/2011
AAAToyGirl AAAToyGirl
I'm going to try to show some of mine; hopefully they'll actually post up. I've never tried to post pics before.

Top of back-piece ... about 30% left to go
[IMG]link[/IMG]

Rose cover up of old Kanji symbol. 95% done, have to add pink to the last petal in the middle. That part of the cover up needed more white ink before he could put pink there.
[IMG]link[/IMG]

Heart Tattoo I got on my foot in college.
[IMG]link[/IMG]
08/01/2011
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
No pictures, but I have Beautiful on my right wrist, Dreamer on my left wrist, an elegant skeleton key with a flower on my left foot, Property of Potter on my lower back, and current have a chest piece in progress, it's two sparrows with a robbon that says Love Never Fails and has clouds behind it. Oh...haha...and as a joke I have a small cock and balls under my right breast!
08/01/2011
AAAToyGirl AAAToyGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by AAAToyGirl
I'm going to try to show some of mine; hopefully they'll actually post up. I've never tried to post pics before.

Top of back-piece ... about 30% left to go
[IMG]link[/IMG]

Rose cover up of old Kanji symbol. 95% done, have ... More
Back
Back2

Kanji cover up

heart

Maybe I actually got them posted up right this time, lol.
08/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
No tattoos to share. I was always too indecisive to pick an image I wanted so I never did any. I love the one on your left foot.
Thanks! I love lilies, so I have a few tattoos that involve them. It doesn't look as great as it did in that picture since that was taken when it was about 3 days old, but it's still looking pretty good for a foot tattoo lol.
08/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by AAAToyGirl







Maybe I actually got them posted up right this time, lol. ... More
Wow, that's some pretty intricate work. And I love the polish on your toes!
08/01/2011
AAAToyGirl AAAToyGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Wow, that's some pretty intricate work. And I love the polish on your toes!
Thank you! I love all of your tattoos too XD I think the nail polish is China Glaze shocking pink.
08/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by AAAToyGirl
Thank you! I love all of your tattoos too XD I think the nail polish is China Glaze shocking pink.
I bet that would look freaking awesome underneath the black crackle nail polish.
08/01/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)


My Lucky Cat half sleeve!!



and my cherry blossom branch that's still unfinished!
08/01/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by AAAToyGirl
Thank you! I love all of your tattoos too XD I think the nail polish is China Glaze shocking pink.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE China Glaze. Does look like the Shocking Pink from their Ink collection. (I have over 70 bottles! O_O)
08/01/2011
AAAToyGirl AAAToyGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE China Glaze. Does look like the Shocking Pink from their Ink collection. (I have over 70 bottles! O_O)
Love all your tats, especially the sleeve. I've been wanting to get a half sleeve Maneki Neko... <3 Awesome ink!
08/02/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
I will have to find some that aren't NSFW to share.

Oh I have one.. the before and after of my foot. The after is very raw because it was taken just an hour or so after getting it done.

08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)


My Lucky Cat half sleeve!!



and my cherry blossom branch that's still unfinished! ... More
Those cherry blossoms are really pretty. Do you have a time frame for getting it finished?
08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
I will have to find some that aren't NSFW to share.

Oh I have one.. the before and after of my foot. The after is very raw because it was taken just an hour or so after getting it done.

... More
I love your nail polish too! And I kinda like both of those, lol. Kudos on going up on the ankle. I've had a few brush my ankle and it was super ouchie.
08/02/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Those cherry blossoms are really pretty. Do you have a time frame for getting it finished?
Haha. "Eventually"

My tattoo artist lives two hours away. It's been a work in progress for a few years now!
08/02/2011
froggiemoma froggiemoma
Those are all awesome!
08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Haha. "Eventually"

My tattoo artist lives two hours away. It's been a work in progress for a few years now!
That's the same time frame I have for my sleeve lol. If I'm eating right and staying hydrated I can heal tattoos fairly well fairly quickly (like the fairly large one I got Sunday that feels pretty fine today), but it's sitting there and actually getting the tattoo and how much that hurts, and the first few days that normally keep me from going back on a regular basis.
08/02/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I love your nail polish too! And I kinda like both of those, lol. Kudos on going up on the ankle. I've had a few brush my ankle and it was super ouchie.
It was a little ouchie but nothing too bad. Getting my daughters name on my rib was WAY more painful
08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
And to bump the thread up, I thought I'd share some more of mine.

These are closer pictures of the dragons you guys keep seeing in some of my reviews, as well as the most recent picture of my side piece/sleeve in progress.



08/24/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Kind of hard to tell from the picture but they are all the same size and spaced evenly apart. My keyholes.

08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Kind of hard to tell from the picture but they are all the same size and spaced evenly apart. My keyholes.

That's a really unique tattoo, I like it.
08/24/2011
GenderSexplorations GenderSexplorations
May I just say that all of the above tattoos are beautiful and amazing. Tattoos are awesome, in my opinion.

Personally? Right now I'm trying to scrounge away money for my first one. Can't wait!
08/24/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
There's a billion and one threads about would you get tattoos, do you like tattoos, do you think tattoos are sexy, and etc. But I don't think I've seen one that asks people to share theirs yet, so here I am making it.

Basically, ... More
i have eight and pretty much love them all.

here are a few of them.



my most recent tattoo, my 'tramp stamp' as my boy calls it. it's the symbol of the sicilian flag, where i spent 6 months a couple years ago. i fell in love with the mediterranean sea there.


my next to most recent tattoo, in its healing stages, which were rough. i kept banging this on everything and it's still not really healed properly, 6 mos later.

it's a symbol that pervaded my meditating mind while sitting in a 10 day silent vipassana meditation retreat in tuscany, italy.



it says
love.
give.

in my own handwriting. theyre commands to myself.


can't see it too well but it's the sanskrit writing for the pali word (pali, the lost language of the buddha) 'anicca.' the nature of impermanence. the central idea in the dhamma philosophy.



my key, my first big tattoo. well, big for me. shortly after its re-inking.
it's a very long story behind it.



i have this tattooed to the right of my pubic triangle. in my no no area. also known as the yes yes area. it was my first tattoo. the scene in the book and movie where he's repeatedly asking 'who ARE you?'

i also have a one-lined simple dark gray tattoo that runs from deep in my pubic hair up my belly, to my belly button and up my chest, around my right breast. it is a vine, with a few curlicues around it.
you can see a little bit of the top of it here



it makes mah boobs look bigger.


i want to get 'tutto é perfetto così come é' below my tramp stamp. it means 'everything is perfect as it is' in italian. to remind me to stop freaking out.


all my tattoos are reminders to myself to be a better person, to think of the grander scheme. to remind myself of my tiny place in the universe, yet still my importance being a small part of the grandest thing in existence... the universe.

i probably wont stop etching those messages into my skin until i get it. meaning i'll probably be covered in tats someday. ha.

everything is perfect as it is!




update* looks like i cant get any of my links to show up. oh wells. guess they're not meant to be seen!
08/24/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i have eight and pretty much love them all.

here are a few of them.



my most recent tattoo, my 'tramp stamp' as my boy calls it. it's the symbol of the sicilian flag, where i spent 6 months a couple years ago. i fell ... More
Why iz not werkinnn?
08/25/2011
Ryuson Ryuson
I have one as a tribute to my favorite band. It's a quote from a song that really reminds me of the tow I was born and live in, and the band itself means so much to me.
link
08/25/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Why iz not werkinnn?
I was wondering if I was the only one.

Moar piczzz!!!
08/25/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I have one as a tribute to my favorite band. It's a quote from a song that really reminds me of the tow I was born and live in, and the band itself means so much to me.
link ... More
I really like that, it looks great.
08/25/2011
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
I tried to post my newest but my computer isn't cooperating at the moment. It's the chorus to Sigh no More by Mumford and Sons in script spiralling down my wrist.
08/25/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 60
Unique posters: 19