Summer Grilling: What is your favorite cut of meat?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Summer Grilling: What is your favorite cut of meat?

Lucky21 Lucky21
So in the theme of summer grilling... what is your favorite cut of meat to grill? Get specific. Like one of my favorites are the Beef spare ribs from Costco. I also really really love rack of lamb. What are yours?
07/29/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
P'Gell P'Gell
A T Bone with a HUGE loin.

We just tried Tri Tip for the first time a few weeks ago, cut for shish ka bobs from our butcher. It's a fairly new cut of meat to the Chicago area, and fantastic. I think we'll grill it whole next time and serve it sliced. MMMM.

A good quality filet Mignon is great, too.
07/29/2011
Ghost Ghost
Don't eat meat, but I love to grill corn and bananas (seriously, sooooooo good).
07/29/2011
Jaimes Jaimes
Filet Mignon. Garlic and pepper dry rubbed and left to marinate a few hours in olive oil. Its like an orgasm in my mouth.

I also love to toss swordfish on the grill. Lemon juice and pepper.
07/29/2011
Chilipepper Chilipepper
(Going to blasphemize this, I know it.)

Charred bratwurst.
07/29/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Arrachera!!! I am the worst mexican on the planet, Im pale, can't speak spanish if I tried, no one ever believes me when I tell them Im mexican but I sure can cook like one. If Im grilling something Its arrachera for tacos. Skirt steak would be what it is in english. Some tacos and corn on the cob. Yum now Im hungry so thanks.
07/29/2011
Seth912 Seth912
Mushrooms (like a meat)
07/29/2011
Lucky21 Lucky21
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
Don't eat meat, but I love to grill corn and bananas (seriously, sooooooo good).
Bananas! Now that sounds delicious!
07/29/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Venison backstrap (tenderloin) that I trim myself, slow cooked to medium perfection.
07/29/2011
Mr. E Mr. E
Ribeye or Beef Tenderloin!
07/29/2011
GravyCakes GravyCakes
if it's beef, no matter what the cut, i'm gonna eat it.
07/30/2011
Steve of Eden Steve of Eden
That is a hard one... everything is better on the grill... lol

I really cant choose...
07/30/2011
themaddhatter themaddhatter
bbq ribs
07/30/2011
Rossie Rossie
Bone In Rib Steak with lots of marbling.
07/30/2011
Ansley Ansley
NY strip, London Broil or a nice rack of spareribs.
07/30/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
A T Bone with a HUGE loin.

We just tried Tri Tip for the first time a few weeks ago, cut for shish ka bobs from our butcher. It's a fairly new cut of meat to the Chicago area, and fantastic. I think we'll grill it whole next time and ...
There were a few things I noticed Chicago didn't have that I would have sworn up and down they would. Kind of a neat little piece of info there.
07/30/2011
systematicweasel systematicweasel
This is a tough question lol. I always love a nice burger on the grill though, maybe some hotdogs too ^_^
07/30/2011
married with children married with children
that is a hard one to answer. I like chicken, beef, and pork. I guess a newyork cut for beef. Pork chops for the pork. And chicken thighs.
08/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
I'm not a big beef eater - a plain cooked steak often makes me want to gag. I love my lamb (except lamb chops) and chicken.
08/02/2011
newfoundlust newfoundlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky21
So in the theme of summer grilling... what is your favorite cut of meat to grill? Get specific. Like one of my favorites are the Beef spare ribs from Costco. I also really really love rack of lamb. What are yours?
Filets. It is rare that we eat red meat, but about once every six weeks we all really enjoy a fantastic steak.
08/02/2011
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Unfortunately, we cannot afford filet mignon right now, but that would be our top choice for beef, and if I can't have what I really want most when it comes to beef, I'd prefer to just skip it altogether and go for something healthier. I would also prefer to buy premium aged and organic (hormone- and antibiotic-free) filets from a local gourmet grocer or from a top quality butcher shop.

In the meantime, though, we absolutely love fresh salmon fillets cooked skin side down on the grill. We simply brush it lightly with olive oil, sprinkle it with a small amount of Kosher salt, grind some fresh black peppercorns over it, and then toss it on the grill. It may sound "meh" until you try it, but believe me, it is incredibly delicious and decadently rich tasting! With the omega fatty acids that benefit the cardiovascular system and the brain, it is also healthy--and, to boot, it is easy to prepare. You can't beat that.
08/02/2011
Lucky21 Lucky21
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Unfortunately, we cannot afford filet mignon right now, but that would be our top choice for beef, and if I can't have what I really want most when it comes to beef, I'd prefer to just skip it altogether and go for something healthier. I ...
Gosh I do love salmon on the grill! I think I have some in the freezer and will do that tonight!
08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Arrachera!!! I am the worst mexican on the planet, Im pale, can't speak spanish if I tried, no one ever believes me when I tell them Im mexican but I sure can cook like one. If Im grilling something Its arrachera for tacos. Skirt steak would be ...
Ooh, I have friends that grill that up like none other. I can't even pronounce it correctly so I just stick with "skirt steak" but damn it's delicious.
08/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I'm not huge on grilled food all the time, mostly because I am lame and don't like eating the charred parts most of the time. If something is cooked so that the char marks are only visible and not tasteable then I'll eat it. And most of the time, I prefer a good old fashioned burger on my grill.
08/02/2011
Musings Musings
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
(Going to blasphemize this, I know it.)

Charred bratwurst.
I'm a chef and barbecue all the time. You're not being blasphemous at all I think they're delicious too.
08/02/2011
Musings Musings
for me nothing beats a brisket that's been smoked all day since early morning with a great dry rub followed by a killer mop sauce.
08/02/2011
padmeamidala padmeamidala
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky21
So in the theme of summer grilling... what is your favorite cut of meat to grill? Get specific. Like one of my favorites are the Beef spare ribs from Costco. I also really really love rack of lamb. What are yours?
Grilled halibut! Yum! I had some recently and it was to die for.
08/02/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Musings
for me nothing beats a brisket that's been smoked all day since early morning with a great dry rub followed by a killer mop sauce.
(foodgasm)

As long as the meat is cook well, any cut can be great on the grill. Even beef tips can be cooked well on skewers or kabobs.

I actually like to cook skinless chicken legs on the grill. Parboil them to get to the minimum level for safety and then cook auf dem Grill. I love that layer of red from the coals on the meat...so good!

When it comes to smoking though, gotta love a good brisket. I'm actually not a great fan of cooking lean meat on the grill. It's harder to avoid drying it out.
08/02/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
There were a few things I noticed Chicago didn't have that I would have sworn up and down they would. Kind of a neat little piece of info there.
Chicago is a quirky town. So many ethicities, but a flavor so different from other big cities like NYC, LA, SanFran or Atlanta etc.

I think the new interest in Tri Tip in our area has both African American and Latino roots. AA for grilling and Latino for (I'm going to kill this word) Carnitas. I can't believe we never had it before. It's huge in LA and other places. But, its kind of cool to suddenly find something new you haven't had access to before.

Chicago is famous for SAH-SIDGE! I'm not a fan, personally. (That makes me a bad Chicagoan.) That and because I put ketchup on my hot dogs.
08/02/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Chicago is a quirky town. So many ethicities, but a flavor so different from other big cities like NYC, LA, SanFran or Atlanta etc.

I think the new interest in Tri Tip in our area has both African American and Latino roots. AA for grilling ...
It's ok. I put ketchup on my hotdogs too. I'm not really a big mustard fan.
08/02/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 35
Unique posters: 25