Tattoo removal: is laser the only way to do it?

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Tattoo removal: is laser the only way to do it?

Blinker Blinker
I have a Batman tattoo I want out of my life. It's poorly done and already faded considerably, actually you can see my normal skin in a part of the left wing...anyway, I've heard about Wrecking Balm and figured it's just another fucking trashy As Seen On TV product that doesn't work, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience with it, or any other tattoo removal product.

I know I'm going to have to get it lasered off eventually but I'm cheap and don't wanna throw down all that bank.
07/13/2010
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I have a Batman tattoo I want out of my life. It's poorly done and already faded considerably, actually you can see my normal skin in a part of the left wing...anyway, I've heard about Wrecking Balm and figured it's just another fucking ...
NANANANANA BATMAN!

Hmm I'm not sure. I don't have any tattoos yet. Mostly for this reason. So many people end up getting drunk ones, or ones with little meaning, or just trashy ones, or go crazy with piercings and tats and end up with gross scars. To me its a mark of a mistake and I wouldn't want that on my body. When I get one it will be after having waited 5 years. I have 1 to go!

Not saying yours is any of those by the way! Sounds like yours wasn't your fault for why you want to get rid of it. How about touching it up? Or do you not want it entirely?

I have seen that commercial and although, I have a lot of friends with tattoos none have mentioned using this.
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
NANANANANA BATMAN!

Hmm I'm not sure. I don't have any tattoos yet. Mostly for this reason. So many people end up getting drunk ones, or ones with little meaning, or just trashy ones, or go crazy with piercings and tats and end up with ...
I don't want it at all. When I was 18 I traded my bass guitar for a tattoo of the old Batman symbol. It's pretty big. It's just embarrassing more than anything. I want it gone before I get married in a few years.

I'm also sick of people asking "Do you like Batman?" when they see it. Hello, assholes! No, I hate Batman. I like the Green Lantern! That's why I got a bat on my leg, you idiot.
07/13/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I don't want it at all. When I was 18 I traded my bass guitar for a tattoo of the old Batman symbol. It's pretty big. It's just embarrassing more than anything. I want it gone before I get married in a few years.

I'm also sick ...
LMAO! "Here's your fucking sign!"

Hmm...I hear ya. I heard it is super expensive, not covered under any insurance in any way, and is really painful. Makeup and "silicone skin grafting" does wonders if you can't get it removed by the time of your wedding.
07/13/2010
fatesrelease fatesrelease
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I have a Batman tattoo I want out of my life. It's poorly done and already faded considerably, actually you can see my normal skin in a part of the left wing...anyway, I've heard about Wrecking Balm and figured it's just another fucking ...
My boyfriend has a few tattoos and he heard that tattoo removal products generally do not work. The only way to really take a tattoo off would to get it lasered off. Those products may "fade" the tattoo slightly but for how much they cost I think it's better to wait and save your money for the actual procedure. Good luck!
07/13/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Is there any way you could find something you'd like that would cover it up? I know some cover up tattoos look like nothing more than cover ups, but I've seen some that are done really well and just look like a new better tattoo.

I have a playboy bunny on my hip that I thought was the best idea EVER 8 years ago and my ex-husband's name on my back that are both getting covered up in the near future - thankfully they're both very tiny. I have 3 others that I've gotten while older and wiser, I suppose, that I still really like and think I always will
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
Is there any way you could find something you'd like that would cover it up? I know some cover up tattoos look like nothing more than cover ups, but I've seen some that are done really well and just look like a new better tattoo.

I ...
Um...To cover it up I think it would take an FCC sponsored censor bar lol. It's pretty big and round. I do have some Kat Von D tattoo cover-up, a really thick makeup that I use sometimes, but only on special occasions because that junk is like $45 a tube.

It's best to get tiny tattoos lol...I just wish I knew this a few years ago!
07/13/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Um...To cover it up I think it would take an FCC sponsored censor bar lol. It's pretty big and round. I do have some Kat Von D tattoo cover-up, a really thick makeup that I use sometimes, but only on special occasions because that junk is like ...
I totally saw that on LA Ink. That make-up stuff looks like it works.

It seems the only 100% effective way of getting it off is lasering. Unfortunately, it has its cons... Not only is it really expensive, but it's also very painful and takes a long time to complete the process.

I've been looking into getting a tattoo for some time now, but I'm afraid of getting disenchanted after it's too late and then not being able to get it off.

Good luck!
07/13/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Um...To cover it up I think it would take an FCC sponsored censor bar lol. It's pretty big and round. I do have some Kat Von D tattoo cover-up, a really thick makeup that I use sometimes, but only on special occasions because that junk is like ...
LOL...Yup, probably too big to just stick a red rosebud or something like that over now I guess
07/13/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Either get it covered, or get it lasered. My sister did the drunken 'everybody in the basement is getting a tattoo and I want one too' thing and Wrecking Balm did nothing for her. It made it a little bit lighter, but only if you inspect really closely. But if/when you do go to get it lasered, make sure to do your research, because some lasers can't get all the pigment of certain colors.
07/13/2010
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
This is a nice warning for all those out there who think getting permanent markers is so cool. 99% of us change our image and approach to life several times before we check out. Having a tattoo kind of cements you to a single point it time.

If I had the capital - I'd open a laser removal studio!
07/13/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
This is a nice warning for all those out there who think getting permanent markers is so cool. 99% of us change our image and approach to life several times before we check out. Having a tattoo kind of cements you to a single point it time.

If ...
HAHA! Good one!

I used to live with a woman who owned, operated, and worked at her own tattoo and piercing place.

I learned a few things from living with her and hanging around her shop:

1. NEVER get anything off the wall art. She used to recommend to her customers to start with the flash art on the walls and then personalize it. In the end, you'll end up feeling better about it.

2. NEVER get anyone's name tattoo'd on yourself, except for your own name and your kids. Or, if you do, only date people named "Brian" or "Dave" as a cover story.

3. Piercings over tattoos. If you don't know what you want for sure, you shouldn't get a tattoo that day. If you really want to feel the endorphiny fun, go for a piercing. They are cheaper and less permanent.

4. Red is the hardest color to heal in a tattoo.

5. Avoid smaller designs. They are harder to do, easier to mess up on, and fade first. I have 12 little designs in one of my tattoos from 8 years ago that are just barely distinguishable, each about the size of a pencil eraser.
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
HAHA! Good one!

I used to live with a woman who owned, operated, and worked at her own tattoo and piercing place.

I learned a few things from living with her and hanging around her shop:

1. NEVER get anything off the wall art. ...
Good rules.

I am getting a tattoo especially for my boyfriend on my inner thigh, but it isn't his name. More of a code thing, heh.
07/13/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
HAHA! Good one!

I used to live with a woman who owned, operated, and worked at her own tattoo and piercing place.

I learned a few things from living with her and hanging around her shop:

1. NEVER get anything off the wall art. ...
I think that if you're going to get your significant other's name tattooed on you, that you should both go together and have it done on your 50th anniversary, lol

Also, sometimes you can roll around in a pit of mud and heal just fine, and sometimes you can keep it as clean as you want and it'll still get infected.
07/13/2010
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
HAHA! Good one!

I used to live with a woman who owned, operated, and worked at her own tattoo and piercing place.

I learned a few things from living with her and hanging around her shop:

1. NEVER get anything off the wall art. ...
Number 2 should be a golden rule or something. Our room mate was dating a little chicky who stood in the tattoo parlor grinning while he had her name laid out BIG on his upper arm. Sure she was grinning--- she'd already drained his bank account without him knowing, and broke up with him a couple of days later to move in with her lover.
07/14/2010
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Um...To cover it up I think it would take an FCC sponsored censor bar lol. It's pretty big and round. I do have some Kat Von D tattoo cover-up, a really thick makeup that I use sometimes, but only on special occasions because that junk is like ...
Another thing about laser removal is potential scarring and texturizing of that area.

I seriously bet that if you go to the most reputable shop in your area, they will work out a beautiful cover-up piece for you. I was a tattoo artist for years, and I covered and reworked many many large black ink terrible tattoos. It can be done. You could have something gorgeous in its place. Just make an appointment for a consultation. Trust me on this.
07/14/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Another thing about laser removal is potential scarring and texturizing of that area.

I seriously bet that if you go to the most reputable shop in your area, they will work out a beautiful cover-up piece for you. I was a tattoo artist for ...
You have a couple tattoos...I trust you!
07/14/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Another thing about laser removal is potential scarring and texturizing of that area.

I seriously bet that if you go to the most reputable shop in your area, they will work out a beautiful cover-up piece for you. I was a tattoo artist for ...
No, I don't want the tattoo at all. I'd rather have a big scar than the tattoo. I got it when I was younger and have wanted it gone for a looong time. I don't want any tattoos that would be visible in public, certainly not a huge coverup piece.
07/14/2010
Jenna.J.Ross Jenna.J.Ross
I have a tattoo that I wanted to get rid of as well. It has faded greatly it also was down with very light colors. But my friend who is a tattoo artist was telling me about a new technique that is being used to remove tattoos that is not the lazer removal. It invloved mixing saline solution and if I remember correctly lemon juice...and then you go over the tattoo with the tattoo gun and this mixture and it completely destroys the ink and removes it...I think it has something to do with the acidity of the lemon juice. Im pretty sure this would only work of fading tattoos or tattoos of light colors though. Im seeing him on Monday ill ask him about it again
07/15/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenna.J.Ross
I have a tattoo that I wanted to get rid of as well. It has faded greatly it also was down with very light colors. But my friend who is a tattoo artist was telling me about a new technique that is being used to remove tattoos that is not the lazer ...
Tattooing lemon juice and saline solution (salt water) into your skin sounds sadistic...and painful!

I'm calling bs on it.
07/15/2010
Maxim Maxim
I heard Wrecking Balm advertised as a tattoo removal system
07/15/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim
I heard Wrecking Balm advertised as a tattoo removal system
My sister tried it, didn't work
07/15/2010
Jenna.J.Ross Jenna.J.Ross
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Tattooing lemon juice and saline solution (salt water) into your skin sounds sadistic...and painful!

I'm calling bs on it.
Ya my tattoo artist friends claimed to have tried it...I personally have not and wasnt to keen on trying this out myself
07/15/2010
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 12