Traditions

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Traditions

VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I thought about this last night while I was watching The Golden Girls with my grandma (I live at home if you didn't catch that). We have a tradition during the week, at 10 pm, to watch The Golden Girls. We also watch various other shows during the week, but this one has become a tradition of sorts for us.

What are some things that you do with your partner, family, friends, etc. that has become sort of a tradition for you? Does it serve to make things more fun or does it bore you after a while?
05/02/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Sir Sir
We used to - we would watch 7th Heaven and Everwood. But, obviously, we do not any longer, as the shows slowly died off. We also used to have family game night every Friday, but we do not do that anymore either. So currently, we have none. I wish that we did, though.
05/02/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
My dad and I reserve Saturdays for our family bonding - he gets his check, then he picks me up, we listen to 'Car Talk' on NPR while we drive around the county's thrift stores and flea markets, have lunch out (usually at some place my mother won't like because it has flavor), sometimes get groceries if mom calls while we're out, and the evening is spent watching British sitcoms. My dad was never around much while I was growing up (parents divorced and then there was the moving around), so with my parents back together in my adulthood, I got to finally have that 'father-daughter bonding' that I missed in my childhood.
05/02/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
My dad and I reserve Saturdays for our family bonding - he gets his check, then he picks me up, we listen to 'Car Talk' on NPR while we drive around the county's thrift stores and flea markets, have lunch out (usually at some place my ...
That is so nice to have a bond with your father. I tried for years to have one with mine and have failed every single time. I've always had a rocky relationship with mine. Reading this makes me happy. I'm glad that you've gotten to get some bonding time with him now in your adulthood that you missed during childhood.
05/02/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
We used to - we would watch 7th Heaven and Everwood. But, obviously, we do not any longer, as the shows slowly died off. We also used to have family game night every Friday, but we do not do that anymore either. So currently, we have none. I wish ...
Maybe try to spark something with your family? That is if you want to make that wish come true. I hope you can, darling!
05/02/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
Maybe try to spark something with your family? That is if you want to make that wish come true. I hope you can, darling!
I've been, so we'll see how that goes. And thank you, sweetheart, so do I.
05/02/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
For about 2 years a group of friends and I would do a game night every Wednesday night. It was awesome until some of us started getting jobs where we had to get up early in the morning, so it dwindled down to the same 4 people and 2 of us would always leave around 11. We tried to remedy this by moving it to the first Saturday of every month, but out of 3 so far we've managed to pull one off.

With my fiance, every Thursday night when I get home from work we watch World's Dumbest on TruTV.
05/02/2010
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 4