Warning to Dog Lovers. ACORNS are dangerous for dogs to eat!!!

Bignuf Bignuf
I have always known CHOCOLATE is lethally toxic to dogs. I have known for a few years that Onions and Grapes (raisins) are too. However, I did NOT know about ACORNS (which we have lots of in this area).

A friends dogs got VERY ill...both ends, and when the vet found some acorns in her stool, she said "oh..those can be VERY toxic"!!! Cost this poor gal about $2000 over the weekend in vet bills.

Now she must muzzle her dogs when walking outside, to keep them from eating more acorns.

Did you know these were toxic??? Sure did not. Please pass the word and I guess I should ask, does anyone know of any other dangerous things our dogs should avoid???

THANKS.
10/24/2011
  • Save 60% on 3 item set
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Save 60% on 3 item set for him

    • Crystal Pussy
    • Beginner silicone p-spot massager
    • Eden vibrating ring
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for her

    • Compact Mini G
    • Single Kegel Ball
    • Waterproof nubby rabbit
    Save 60% when buying in a set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for couples

    • Passionate wrists cuffs
    • Luxury fetish passionate eye mask
    • Eden 20 function remote bullet
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 8pm ET Terms

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
GravyCakes GravyCakes
i knew about the grapes & raisins, although i have known a number of dogs who accidentally got into large amounts of chocolate, & none of them had more than really bad diarrhea & vomiting for a day or 2. all survived. i didn't know about the acorns or onions, though.
10/24/2011
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
I didn't know that acorns were poisonous, but my dog doesn't really eat anything she finds outside. I knew about chocolate, antifreeze and grapes.
10/24/2011
Valkyrie Valkyrie
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
I have always known CHOCOLATE is lethally toxic to dogs. I have known for a few years that Onions and Grapes (raisins) are too. However, I did NOT know about ACORNS (which we have lots of in this area).

A friends dogs got VERY ill...both ends, ... More
Thanks for the imfo I love my dogs
10/24/2011
Rossie Rossie
Good thing mine never eats anything indoors or out, except for grass (which is also not healthy for a dog's system). Here's a list of things that are poisonous to our pooches (although acorns weren't mentioned), please click to learn more.
10/24/2011
Total posts: 5
Unique posters: 5