Would you consider owning any "wild" animal as a pet? If so, what, and why?

Bignuf Bignuf
I mean anything from a Lion, to something as tiny as a beetle. Any "wild animal" captivate you as a pet? Would you actually get one? Could you really care for it? Maybe someone here already does own a wild critter. Tell us about it?
09/10/2013
  • Save 60% on 3 item set
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Save 60% on 3 item set for him

    • Crystal Pussy
    • Beginner silicone p-spot massager
    • Eden vibrating ring
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for her

    • Compact Mini G
    • Single Kegel Ball
    • Waterproof nubby rabbit
    Save 60% when buying in a set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for couples

    • Passionate wrists cuffs
    • Luxury fetish passionate eye mask
    • Eden 20 function remote bullet
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 8pm ET Terms

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
G&L G&L
I have always wanted to own a Meerkat.
09/11/2013
SecretKinksters SecretKinksters
Not my thing.
09/11/2013
TheCalculatron TheCalculatron
I personally would love to have an ocelot for a pet.
09/11/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
I own birds, and one of them isn't tame. I'd love to own more of them.

Plus, arguably, mice / rats / hamsters are rather "wild" when it comes to pets. Fish too, and birds as well to a lesser extent.
09/11/2013
charligrrrl charligrrrl
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
I mean anything from a Lion, to something as tiny as a beetle. Any "wild animal" captivate you as a pet? Would you actually get one? Could you really care for it? Maybe someone here already does own a wild critter. Tell us about it?
OMG have you seen fennec foxes? I die. SO CUTE! I would love one but I don't think my cats and dogs would love one as a sibling

link
09/15/2013
hysteriaremedy hysteriaremedy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
I mean anything from a Lion, to something as tiny as a beetle. Any "wild animal" captivate you as a pet? Would you actually get one? Could you really care for it? Maybe someone here already does own a wild critter. Tell us about it?
I own a Bengal cat, and it really is a different experience than a common breed. She is very demanding of time and energy. I can only imagine if it was a Savannah or Serval cat or tiger or something. Not just anyone can own one of these animals. You need to be committed to spending a few hours with them every single day, or pay someone else to do it. The cat will not understand that you have work or are "busy". A lot of people want a "wild" or a genuinely wild cat because they are pretty, and they don't actually have time to spend with them or enough space in their home. Wild cats like to run a lot. They need to have a lot of extra play time and may need a cat wheel or to be walked every day. They have a lot of muscle and strength and cat hurt you without meaning to. Ideally, they should be fed raw or grain-free diets, which costs a lot of money.
09/15/2013
peppermintgal peppermintgal
I wouldn't have a wild animal for a pet, unless I owned a wildlife sanctuary.
09/15/2013
ashley515 ashley515
Quote:
Originally posted by peppermintgal
I wouldn't have a wild animal for a pet, unless I owned a wildlife sanctuary.
same here. they are precious animals and need special care
09/20/2013
ashley515 ashley515
Quote:
Originally posted by hysteriaremedy
I own a Bengal cat, and it really is a different experience than a common breed. She is very demanding of time and energy. I can only imagine if it was a Savannah or Serval cat or tiger or something. Not just anyone can own one of these animals. ... More
and i thought my boxer was a big responsibility needing so much attention! lol
09/20/2013
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 9