Do you/Would you use Neosporin to shave your tender parts?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Do you/Would you use Neosporin to shave your tender parts?

Darling Jen Darling Jen
During our Porn Club Discussion, Ms. Kayden Kross shared with us her secret to shaving and staying redness free - Neosporin! So how many of you use it or will now try it out?

(Yes, I just couldn't help myself and had to ask! )
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
She must have stolen my idea! I've done it forever!
2  (3%)
I've done it a few times after I heard about it somewhere else but it's not my routine.
3  (4%)
I use Neosporin but... not for shaving and not for my private parts.
36  (46%)
I'll be trying that one tonight!
29  (37%)
Well, I'm doing it now and it works wonders! Eureka!
I'm guilty of buying all the Neosporin at my local drug store.
Oh hell no that's not coming near my pussy!
4  (5%)
Other! (A crime for which your punishment is explaining in text!)
5  (6%)
Total votes: 79
Poll is closed
01/12/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Porfiriato Porfiriato
I love that this is already a poll... great porn club discussion tonight!
01/12/2011
Morganna Morganna
Great poll...great tip, too.
01/12/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
LOL awesome

I am so trying this when I shave.. Prob tomorrow
01/12/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Ok so I'm guilty of posting "other" on my own poll. I don't shave my private area at all (only the occasional trim) but I'm definitely curious about using something that supposedly works wonders on uber-sensitive skin like mine.
01/12/2011
KnK KnK
I'm so excited to know about this. Wonderful woman
01/12/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Trying in my next shower! I am so glad someone asked that question to get that answer!
01/12/2011
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Oh, it's a poll already! Haha. That's awesome. I'm definitely gonna have to try it.
01/12/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
I don't shave my pubic region personally, but I've heard that aspirin dissolved in rubbing alcohol helps with redness as well. Specifically, it is supposed to work with the red bumps from ingrown hairs. Anyone have experience with this? I'd like to suggest it to my wife, but feedback on whether it is effective would be helpful first.

Thanks.
01/12/2011
Alys Alys
I've used Neosporin before to reduce ingrown hairs and irritation, but not until after I've shaved and gotten out of the shower. You could go through a LOT of Neosporin this way.
01/12/2011
Illusional Illusional
Lol, if it works super well I won't mind it.
01/12/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Now I have 2 to try - silicone lube & neosporin!
01/12/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Now I have 2 to try - silicone lube & neosporin!
We're a creative bunch!
01/12/2011
potstickers potstickers
I would try that... if only Neosporin weren't so expensive. I feel like too much would need to be used. I use conditioner and that works well when I don't forget to use it.
01/13/2011
hive83 hive83
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
During our Porn Club Discussion, Ms. Kayden Kross shared with us her secret to shaving and staying redness free - Neosporin! So how many of you use it or will now try it out?

(Yes, I just couldn't help myself and had to ask! ) ...
I will try it also sounds great.
01/13/2011
darthkitt3n darthkitt3n
I have never heard of this. I don't shave, though if I did, I'd probably try this out. I'd probably trust Neosporin to be more gentle than shaving cream or shower gel.
01/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
I've used Neosporin before to reduce ingrown hairs and irritation, but not until after I've shaved and gotten out of the shower. You could go through a LOT of Neosporin this way.
This is what the wife does as well. I use a combo of silicone lube and shaving cream but I am going to try this out next time.
01/13/2011
lamira lamira
I've never heard of that technique before, but I think I shall try it the next time I shave.
01/13/2011
liilii080 liilii080
If it will reduce ingrown hairs, I am all over it.
01/13/2011
sbon sbon
Sounds like a great idea
01/13/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
So, you're supposed to use the Neosporin instead of shaving cream? I guess that could work...it would be cheaper if you used the generic kind too!
01/13/2011
MR Chickhabit MR Chickhabit
im gonna use the 99 cent store kind for shaving, might be cheaper than real cream.
01/13/2011
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
So, you're supposed to use the Neosporin instead of shaving cream? I guess that could work...it would be cheaper if you used the generic kind too!
True!
01/13/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
I saw this tip in Jenna Jameson's autobiography.

IMO, I think an anti-inflammatory, like Hydrocortisone ointment works better, but after the shave. JMO.

Neosporin is an combination of several topical antibiotics, it kills certain bacteria on the surface, but hydrocortisone reduces inflammation. However, hydrocortisone should not be used in large quantities. I use just enough to put a paper thin layer over the area shaved and then cover that with B&BW Body Butter.

Also, using too much Neosporin or Polysporin could cause antibiotic resistance, so it probably isn't the best thing to use a lot of, like you would soap or shaving cream. It could also predispose your body to yeast infections, if used in large quantities. Remember that it IS a bunch of antibiotics in a Vaseline-like base.
01/13/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I saw this tip in Jenna Jameson's autobiography.

IMO, I think an anti-inflammatory, like Hydrocortisone ointment works better, but after the shave. JMO.

Neosporin is an combination of several topical antibiotics, it kills certain ...
I agree - the last thing you want to do is nurture antibiotic resistant super-bugs - in such a sensitive place! I'll stick with conditioner for now - but I am going to try the silicone lube option!
01/13/2011
Taylor Taylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
I don't shave my pubic region personally, but I've heard that aspirin dissolved in rubbing alcohol helps with redness as well. Specifically, it is supposed to work with the red bumps from ingrown hairs. Anyone have experience with this? ...
I haven't tried this personally. but I know asprin is made from salicylic acid. At the day spa I work at the estheticians use a salicylic acid wipe post waxing to prevent ingrown hairs. It helps by exfoliating the skin.

So I see how this could work especially since the alcohol might kill some of the bacteria, but I think it could be harsh on your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin.
01/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
During our Porn Club Discussion, Ms. Kayden Kross shared with us her secret to shaving and staying redness free - Neosporin! So how many of you use it or will now try it out?

(Yes, I just couldn't help myself and had to ask! ) ...
I am violently allergic to neomycin which is the main ingredient in neosporin. If I used that on my Lady Bits and, Gods forbid, I were to get cut the resulting infection could scar me horribly if not lead to awful surgeries!
I have a cut on my knee when I was four that a urse put neosporin on and the resulting infection nearly cost me my leg!
So ya possibly polysporin without neomycin would work for me....
01/13/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
I haven't tried this personally. but I know asprin is made from salicylic acid. At the day spa I work at the estheticians use a salicylic acid wipe post waxing to prevent ingrown hairs. It helps by exfoliating the skin.

So I see how this ...
As you mentioned, apparently the aspirin is for exfoliating and the alcohol is for tightening pores, both of which work together to cause the hair to grow straight rather than curling up and break through the skin easier. There are recipes out there that add witch hazel to the mix as well-- I imagine it complements the alcohol. I agree that it could really burn the skin, especially immediately post-shaving. I suspect some judicious use of moisturizer in combination with it would be in order.
01/13/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
As you mentioned, apparently the aspirin is for exfoliating and the alcohol is for tightening pores, both of which work together to cause the hair to grow straight rather than curling up and break through the skin easier. There are recipes out there ...
I would guess that the aspirin is more acting as an anti-inflammatory to reduce redness rather than acting as an exfoliant, but I could be wrong. I believe there are topical acne drugs that contain salicylates for this very reason.
01/13/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I saw this tip in Jenna Jameson's autobiography.

IMO, I think an anti-inflammatory, like Hydrocortisone ointment works better, but after the shave. JMO.

Neosporin is an combination of several topical antibiotics, it kills certain ...
Good to know, thanks! I definitely don't want antibiotic-resistant bacteria there!
01/13/2011
Total posts: 61
Unique posters: 48