Dan Cathy of Chic-Fil-A confirms Anti-Gay Stance

Ansley Ansley
Well...if you ever wondered, wonder no more. It's never been a secret that the Cathy family and its restaurants support Christian agendas and have gone so far as to include religious toys in their kids meals.

Read the full article here

How do you feel about this?
07/18/2012
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
P'Gell P'Gell
I've never eaten at one, and now I'm glad. The guy in charge says, ""We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives..." He obviously considers "we" to be only men, too. He's sexist as well as a gay basher.

Come to think of it the "Biblical Definition of the Family" includes multiple wives, selling daughters into slavery among other things. Do they subscribe to those ideas as well?

Asshole. I'll certainly never eat one of their "heart attack on a bun" sandwiches if they ever bother to come this far North.
07/18/2012
freshbananas freshbananas
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Well...if you ever wondered, wonder no more. It's never been a secret that the Cathy family and its restaurants support Christian agendas and have gone so far as to include religious toys in their kids meals.

Read the full article ... More
Good to know. NEver eaten at one but now I will go out of my way not eat at one
07/18/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I've never eaten at one, and now I'm glad. The guy in charge says, ""We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married ... More
Chicago just got their first Chic-fil-a downtown a few months ago. But, I honestly can't see them doing very well up there.
07/18/2012
freshbananas freshbananas
also spreading the word >: (
07/18/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Chicago just got their first Chic-fil-a downtown a few months ago. But, I honestly can't see them doing very well up there.
Oh. I haven't seen one yet. They haven't spread to the 'burbs as far as I can see. I think you're right. Although some people will eat anything if it's fast. Come to think of it, Krispy Kreme met it demise when it came up North to sell to us damn Yankees and people stopped buying after the first grease laden taste. LOL!
07/18/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Oh. I haven't seen one yet. They haven't spread to the 'burbs as far as I can see. I think you're right. Although some people will eat anything if it's fast. Come to think of it, Krispy Kreme met it demise when it came up North to ... More
Don't mess with my Krispy Kreme That's heaven in a box, tyvm.

Chicago is very liberal and has a very large alterna-sex (yes, I just made this up) community. Once the word spreads...I mean you guys are pretty damn loyal. Their sales will tank once the novelty wears off.
07/18/2012
Beck Beck
"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that...we know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

Clearly he forgot we also live in a country that supports other Beliefs! I really wish people would STOP spreading hate! It doesn't help anyone. Believe what you wish, but stop spreading it. Hate is a HUGE issue and the only way to stop it is for everyone to shut up and stop spreading it.
07/18/2012
AriaRN AriaRN
Let me start by saying I'm not bashing homosexuals at all. But I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it comes from a homosexual, a Christian, or people of any race,color,creed,relig ion, etc. If the company wants to donate to an organization, that's up to them to decide who they donate to. However, if they were to turn homosexuals away from their restaurants or come out and say that they hate homosexuals or something, than this I would disagree with. I don't agree at all with hating people or treating them differently because of their race,religion,sexual orientation, age,gender, etc. If someone wants to believe in a man and woman, that's fine with me. If a woman loves a woman or a man loves a man, that's fine with me too. The point is, this is still America; to each his own.
07/18/2012
MGDavicnigirl MGDavicnigirl
Quote:
Originally posted by AriaRN
Let me start by saying I'm not bashing homosexuals at all. But I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it comes from a homosexual, a Christian, or people of any race,color,creed,relig ion, etc. If the company wants to ... More
In the same vein, this is America, where everyone is entitled to equality, and by funding groups that promote hate and inequality, they are wrong.

It's no longer an opinion when it infringes on someones basic human rights.
07/18/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Don't mess with my Krispy Kreme That's heaven in a box, tyvm.

Chicago is very liberal and has a very large alterna-sex (yes, I just made this up) community. Once the word spreads...I mean you guys are pretty damn loyal. Their sales ... More
hee hee hee hee

We're "alterna-sex!" I love it!

As for Krispy Kremes, we'll have to agree to disagree.
07/18/2012
MGDavicnigirl MGDavicnigirl
I don't support chic fil-a, target, best buy, and a few other nationally owned chains. People vote with their dollars, and every day as a consumer I make a conscious effort to support what is right by choosing where I spend.
07/18/2012
bayosgirl bayosgirl
Quote:
Originally posted by AriaRN
Let me start by saying I'm not bashing homosexuals at all. But I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it comes from a homosexual, a Christian, or people of any race,color,creed,relig ion, etc. If the company wants to ... More
I agree.
07/18/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by MGDavicnigirl
In the same vein, this is America, where everyone is entitled to equality, and by funding groups that promote hate and inequality, they are wrong.

It's no longer an opinion when it infringes on someones basic human rights.
So much this... We all need to walk around with signs that say "mind your own damn business".
07/18/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
hee hee hee hee

We're "alterna-sex!" I love it!

As for Krispy Kremes, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Agree to disagree, it is.
07/18/2012
MGDavicnigirl MGDavicnigirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
So much this... We all need to walk around with signs that say "mind your own damn business".
Agreed!!
07/18/2012
Mwar Mwar
I never ate there, but now I won't.
07/18/2012
gsfanatic gsfanatic
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I won't be eating there. Although since I've never eaten at a Chic-Fil-A before this all came out, not sure that's gonna make a difference
07/19/2012
married with children married with children
they are a private business, and can run their business anyway they see fit. I have no problem with them having Christian view points in the way they run their business. I don't eat their because I am not a fried chicken fan.

And for everyone that thinks the Bible teaches hate, please pick one up and read it. Dont believe everything you see on the news.
07/20/2012
AriaRN AriaRN
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
they are a private business, and can run their business anyway they see fit. I have no problem with them having Christian view points in the way they run their business. I don't eat their because I am not a fried chicken fan.

And for ... More
I agree! I think the news shows people of every religion, political group, sexual orientation, etc. at their worst and/or the extremists!
07/21/2012
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Will will not patronize any business that supports anti-gay or anti-equality causes. That's doubly true for businesses and individuals that use Christianity as an excuse for their hatred and bigotry. Those people have clearly never taken their own religion to heart, or even bothered to read the Bible's actual views on marriage.

Traditional Christian marriage vows include words originally spoken by one woman to another. Most Old Testament marriages are poly relationships. Jesus even blessed a gay couple, and never spoke a single word against homosexuality.

In summary, FU Chic-Fil-A.
07/21/2012
Experiment Experiment
I will not eat at Chic-Fil-A now. If he privately wanted to believe that and had no comment publicly, fine. But that he is willing to associate his company with it means he deserves his company to be associated with that position. And I do not support that position. thus, I do not support his company.
07/21/2012
guard083 guard083
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
they are a private business, and can run their business anyway they see fit. I have no problem with them having Christian view points in the way they run their business. I don't eat their because I am not a fried chicken fan.

And for ... More
Well said
07/21/2012
Ganconagh Ganconagh
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
they are a private business, and can run their business anyway they see fit. I have no problem with them having Christian view points in the way they run their business. I don't eat their because I am not a fried chicken fan.

And for ... More
Wholeheartedly agree. Funny how people think only those whose opinions they agree with should be allowed to express them without being demonized.
07/29/2012
bettle590 bettle590
Quote:
Originally posted by Ganconagh
Wholeheartedly agree. Funny how people think only those whose opinions they agree with should be allowed to express them without being demonized.
Freedom of speech is not unopposed speech. The business can express their opinion, and I can criticize it.
08/20/2012
Total posts: 25
Unique posters: 15