Why?

kittyloveswahwah kittyloveswahwah
kittyloveswahwah
Related to: 
Why do people care about the Trayvon Martin case? Why have they (people on both sides) been following it religiously?
07/19/2013
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Trayvon's death was a tragedy - but I have to agree that it shouldn't be considered a huge news story. Black-on-black murders are far more common - so why does one case of a non-white killing a black person merit so much press? IMO - its all about exploitation of poor race relations to sell media time.
07/19/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Trayvon's death was a tragedy - but I have to agree that it shouldn't be considered a huge news story. Black-on-black murders are far more common - so why does one case of a non-white killing a black person merit so much press? IMO - its all ... More
It's more to do with a theory that in this particular police department there was a whole lot of covering up when it came to (violent) crimes made by their family members against black people in the community. This case escalated the theories because how could they be sure it wasn't another cover up? Zimmerman's father is/was a magistrate, he could easily have connections within the department.

And then the media grabbed a hold of it and the thing became a circus (as usual).
07/19/2013
underHim underHim
People are obsessed with it because any time there is a crime that can be construed as racism in any way, it goes crazy. I really don't watch the news much anymore, they only focus on one or two stories and repeat them over and over again. But I did watch the news conference with Obama just now and he said, "If a white male teen would have been involved in this scenario,both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different." That's going to help the whole situation.
07/19/2013
SoloJoe SoloJoe
Its because when it first happened the news went crazy reporting it was racism. They said it was white on black and a black teen was shot and left for dead and died in a ditch. But then oops the truth started slipping out.
07/23/2013
SoloJoe SoloJoe
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's more to do with a theory that in this particular police department there was a whole lot of covering up when it came to (violent) crimes made by their family members against black people in the community. This case escalated the theories ... More
I live in Florida it started long before that
07/23/2013
SoloJoe SoloJoe
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Trayvon's death was a tragedy - but I have to agree that it shouldn't be considered a huge news story. Black-on-black murders are far more common - so why does one case of a non-white killing a black person merit so much press? IMO - its all ... More
In the start of it all the news originally said it was white on black and started the whole thing
07/23/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SoloJoe
I live in Florida it started long before that
Florida seems to and has always seemed to have a disproportionate amount of "stupid" within its state lines. It's amazing at times.
07/23/2013
friendswithfangs friendswithfangs
what the shit is all this racism in this thread, oh my god, i'm embarrassed for y'all.
11/15/2013
TheKinks TheKinks
Quote:
Originally posted by kittyloveswahwah
Why do people care about the Trayvon Martin case? Why have they (people on both sides) been following it religiously?
The fact that it is getting so blown up is a good thing.
Yes, there are many other cases like this one...that doesn't mean that this issue is ANY less important.
If it takes repeating this story over and over to remember, then so be it.
If it takes keeping this in heated discussion to bring to light all over the other times POC are mistreated and MURDERED by other people and police and then not given justice, then so be it.

Trayvon Martin blew up a lot more because his case (thank goodness) didn't have time to be swept under the rug like most stories.
He was an unarmed innocent CHILD whose life was taken from him and his family meanwhile his killer is getting fame and having the time of his life since what happened.

This story needs to be shared and remembered because he is not the only 'Trayvon Martin' there are 'Trayvon Martin' cases all of the time and anyone who has any compassion should be angry enough about this to not get "sick of it".

Why would you not follow a case where a CHILD was MURDERED for being a person of color while his KILLER is FREE?
Feb 15, 12:08 am
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by TheKinks
The fact that it is getting so blown up is a good thing.
Yes, there are many other cases like this one...that doesn't mean that this issue is ANY less important.
If it takes repeating this story over and over to remember, then so be it. ... More
well written.
Feb 15, 1:39 pm
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 8