Advice

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Advice

Ansley Ansley
Hey everyone, I would like your help. If you've been published in an anthology or in any other form of print/e-zine I would be especially grateful for your insight.





- What is and is not good form when writing for an erotic publication?

- When a site says: Deadline May 31st, 2011 Payment $50-75 and two contributor copies, what does that mean?

- Is there a difference between erotica and smut? How do you know which one is being asked for?

- What, if any, are red flags when considering submitting to a site?

- Is there anything else I should know?

Please and a million thank yous!
04/11/2011
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Save 25% on LELO and PicoBong
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
I'm not entirely sure, but I'm bumping this in the hopes that somebody else will know.
04/12/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm not entirely sure, but I'm bumping this in the hopes that somebody else will know.
Thanks! If not, it's no big deal I'm sure I can figure it out eventually. No one likes to be scammed.
04/12/2011
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hey everyone, I would like your help. If you've been published in an anthology or in any other form of print/e-zine I would be especially grateful for your insight.











- What is and is not good form ...
I don't know particularly specific answers to your questions but I do know where you can find them. There's a Naked Reader book club meeting tonight in the forums (I love attending but life has just been far too hectic lately) and the moderator is Kristina Wright, an accomplished erotica writer herself. She's always been more than willing to offer advice to writers. You can also go to her community interview here: link which I believe will answer several of your questions.
04/12/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
I don't know particularly specific answers to your questions but I do know where you can find them. There's a Naked Reader book club meeting tonight in the forums (I love attending but life has just been far too hectic lately) and the ...
Yes! Coming to the Naked Reader Book Club tonight if you can is a great idea! If Kristina can't answer those questions for you, she should at the very least be able to tell you where you can get the answers from.
04/12/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Yes! Coming to the Naked Reader Book Club tonight if you can is a great idea! If Kristina can't answer those questions for you, she should at the very least be able to tell you where you can get the answers from.
Oh I wish I could! I'll have to check the thread tomorrow and see what happens. (Hubby is pretty demanding once he gets home. )
04/12/2011
kendra30752 kendra30752
I have been published several times, but I don't write erotic lit. I was published on TKNC last month! My story was at the very top, front page. (sorry, the proudness of my baby being published still hasn't worn off yet. lol) Anyways, my story that was published on Thrillers, Killers, N Chillers was a rape story, not for erotic. Wish I could be more helpful. All I can say is definitely make sure you find the right mags that fit your manuscript. It will cut down so much time you would waste & it would cut down hugely on rejections. I'm going to school now to be a writer & I graduate this year, but I've learned several things that would help any writer no matter the genre. The thing they drill into our heads most is do your research before submitting your work. Make sure you've read older works of the mags you plan to query. If you send out an erotic story to a magazine who only publishes horror, they can easily be insulted that you didn't take time to read their stuff & know yours didn't fit.

Also, try romance mags. They almost always have a section for erotic lit. You'd be surprised at how many you'd find that are possible publishers that way.
05/10/2011
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 4