Paid to write Erotica?

ToyGurl ToyGurl
I've written many Literoticas in my lifetime, but I've never really done anything with them. They are really good, and I've submitted a few to EF but I was curious if anyone knows of a good website/etc. that will pay for Erotic Fiction stories?

My stories usually range between 1,500 words to 2,000 words and I often do series. It's just a passtime when I'm bored and don't have much to do. I could always use the extra cash and why not put good work... to work?
08/14/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
Maybe look into submitting them to erotic anthologies?
08/15/2011
Menarae Menarae
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Maybe look into submitting them to erotic anthologies?
This would be your best bet for getting paid. Or you could enter your stories into contests. Most, if not all literary magazines hold at least one contest a year. Though for most contests, there is an entry fee (usually not too extravagent...$5-10 is typical.) Pick up a copy of Novel & Short Story Writer's Market. There's a new edition put out every year, and it lists both publishers and contests.

Online will be mostly free postings. I remember one years ago that was paid...for fantasy/sci-fi stories. Writers submitted their stories, and readers would tip the writers via Paypal. The writers got a portion, and the webmasters got a portion. Though I'm not sure of that site's name or if it's still running.
08/29/2011
Kim! Kim!
Quote:
Originally posted by Menarae
This would be your best bet for getting paid. Or you could enter your stories into contests. Most, if not all literary magazines hold at least one contest a year. Though for most contests, there is an entry fee (usually not too extravagent...$5-10 ... More
It isn't any sort of erotica but are you possibly thinking of Pseudopod (horror), Escape Pod (sci-fi), and PodCastle(fantasy)? I only mention it since you mentioned two of the three themes of the sister podcasts. They are in podcast format but listeners are strongly encouraged to donate via PayPal on their site since they do pay their authors.
08/29/2011
Kkay Kkay
Hmm. I know there are places that epub for novellas and novels; I'm less familiar with the market for short stories. What specific type of erotica do you write?
08/29/2011
Antipova Antipova
Give us some links to your literotica?

As far as finding publishers, just check some of the books of erotica available here on Eden, check out the publishers (I've bought books from Cleis Press and Running Press, for starters), and go to their web pages to see how you're encouraged to submit entries to anthologies!
08/29/2011
Menarae Menarae
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim!
It isn't any sort of erotica but are you possibly thinking of Pseudopod (horror), Escape Pod (sci-fi), and PodCastle(fantasy)? I only mention it since you mentioned two of the three themes of the sister podcasts. They are in podcast format but ... More
Hmm...no, the site I remember had the stories as text. It was years ago that I stumbled on it...well before podcasts were popular (or...before I'd heard of them, anyway...) But it could very well be those three sites were either inspired by the one I'm thinking of, or were created by the same people *shrugs*
09/01/2011
Andre SanThomas Andre SanThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I've written many Literoticas in my lifetime, but I've never really done anything with them. They are really good, and I've submitted a few to EF but I was curious if anyone knows of a good website/etc. that will pay for Erotic Fiction ... More
Here's a great resource. First off, you can subscribe and then submit work for critique. Then there's a page with a list of places that pay for erotica and periodically, there are specific calls that so and so is looking for this and that at so many words and all the contact info. Plus, many editors and publishers also subscribe so they may see your work in the critique phase!
01/04/2012
Badass Badass
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I've written many Literoticas in my lifetime, but I've never really done anything with them. They are really good, and I've submitted a few to EF but I was curious if anyone knows of a good website/etc. that will pay for Erotic Fiction ... More
go to earcavity.com, they kind of do that
01/26/2012
ddd masturbator(bye all!) ddd masturbator(bye all!)
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I've written many Literoticas in my lifetime, but I've never really done anything with them. They are really good, and I've submitted a few to EF but I was curious if anyone knows of a good website/etc. that will pay for Erotic Fiction ... More
I have a nook and there are lots of free short erotica stories...

I think you can submit stories to things like that...
01/27/2012
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 9