My favorite films with Polyamory!

callsignhusker callsignhusker
Here is a short list of my favorite films that include polyamorous relations.

All these films are poly-positive!

Summer Lovers (1982)
A lengthy and gradual exploration of a new polyamorous relationship between a man and two women. A very fun and interesting movie with a happy ending!

Splendor (1999)
My favorite film featuring polyamory! A well directed and fascinating look at a woman who dates two men. All of whom end up living together! Lots of drama and humor. Also a happy ending!

Vicky Christina Barcelona (2008)
Only slightly polyamorous. The polyamorous relationship in this film is fleeting and transient but it is beautiful while it lasts. The film is gorgeous and very entertaining!

Daughters of Darkness (1971)
The only horror movie I've ever seen that I think has polyamorous themes. The depiction of vampires in this film is VERY unconventional and quite classy. On of the central female characters is a vampire who seems to fall in love with both members of a couple. She attempts to engage it what seemed to me like polyamory but the possessiveness of the male prevents this. There is also a shot with her and another couple later in the film. Very interesting if you like foreign films that are sort of artsy!

Gazon Maudit [French Twist] (1995)
A very raucous and humorous portrayal of married life. Has a happy ending and is very funny and entertaining along the way. A great french film!


Please let me know if you liked my list and if you would like me to add to it!
03/06/2011
  • Save 40% on Vibrators
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Eye of Love Pheromone Kit - Save 25%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
G.L. Morrison G.L. Morrison
Quote:
Originally posted by callsignhusker
Here is a short list of my favorite films that include polyamorous relations.

All these films are poly-positive!

Summer Lovers (1982)
A lengthy and gradual exploration of a new polyamorous relationship between a man and two women. A ... More
I loved French Twist. Although I'm not sure I would have thought of it as a poly-positive movie since the jealousy and machinations dominate throughout the entire film although amusing make for horrific poly. More a "coming out" film than anything.
03/06/2011
callsignhusker callsignhusker
Quote:
Originally posted by G.L. Morrison
I loved French Twist. Although I'm not sure I would have thought of it as a poly-positive movie since the jealousy and machinations dominate throughout the entire film although amusing make for horrific poly. More a "coming out" film than anything.
True, although at the end they are all living together in relative harmony and even the douchebag husband lol... is being nice to both women.. that's pretty positive...
03/07/2011
Collodion Collodion
Thanks for posting the list - I haven't seen any of these, but I'll certainly be adding them to my dorm's communal Netflix queue sometime soon.
03/09/2011
callsignhusker callsignhusker
Quote:
Originally posted by Collodion
Thanks for posting the list - I haven't seen any of these, but I'll certainly be adding them to my dorm's communal Netflix queue sometime soon.
Oh cool, your dorm would be cool with that? Intriguing !
03/14/2011
Total posts: 5
Unique posters: 3