Long distance group chatting with partners?

thisisadeletedaccount thisisadeletedaccount
I am probably going to get a Google+ account for the sole purpose of doing threeway video chatting with my two partners while we're apart. Has anyone done this before? How well does it work for you? Do you have a different service you prefer for group video chatting?
07/28/2012
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by thisisadeletedaccount
I am probably going to get a Google+ account for the sole purpose of doing threeway video chatting with my two partners while we're apart. Has anyone done this before? How well does it work for you? Do you have a different service you prefer for ... More
We use skype for this feature but it works. It's how Arch gets to spend time with our son everyday and wish him good night. It's also how we talk when we are playing games as a family.
07/28/2012
Mitzuki Mitzuki
I've always used skype. I've also used oovoo a few times.
07/29/2012
Envy Envy
I use skype to talk to friends and such.
07/29/2012
thisisadeletedaccount thisisadeletedaccount
How do you do group video chat on Skype? I feel silly for never having figured that out.
08/11/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by thisisadeletedaccount
How do you do group video chat on Skype? I feel silly for never having figured that out.
It's an upgrade you can buy called Skype Premium ($20.22 USD per month) which allows you to have more than one video chat going. It allows group chatting and as long as one member of the group has the premium service you can call a group of people..I forget the limit I have but I know we've had four with not problem. The only problem becomes how much your video card/internet connection can handle.
08/12/2012
thisisadeletedaccount thisisadeletedaccount
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
It's an upgrade you can buy called Skype Premium ($20.22 USD per month) which allows you to have more than one video chat going. It allows group chatting and as long as one member of the group has the premium service you can call a group of ... More
If it's a premium upgrade, that explains why I hadn't heard of it - I'm a college student on scholarship and can't really invest that much into a video chat program, so I haven't investigated paid chat features. That's good to know about, though, thanks! =)
08/12/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by thisisadeletedaccount
If it's a premium upgrade, that explains why I hadn't heard of it - I'm a college student on scholarship and can't really invest that much into a video chat program, so I haven't investigated paid chat features. That's good to ... More
I think that you can voice chat without the premium feature but not sure...they could have been assholes and plugged that feature.
08/12/2012
Total posts: 8
Unique posters: 4