Reviews on discontinued toys

Anne Anne
I have not been on this site really in over a year, but I am back because I want to have a chance to write some reviews. I bought/earned all my toys through this website fair and square, and have noticed that most (if not all) of them have been discontinued. When I try to write a review for them, I have pending points that are outstanding, or the "write your own review," link displayed on another user's review does not direct me to the review writing page. I wasn't aware that there would ever be a time limit between when I bought/earned a product and when I decide to post a review of it.

I would really appreciate some feedback to clear up my confusion. Thanks!
May 21, 2:27 pm
  • Add More Pleasure to Your Collection! Buy 1 Vibe, Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
That Man from Mars That Man from Mars
I'm curious about this as well. I also just came back and I owed a review for a toy that's since been discontinued. I wrote the review up, but it hasn't yet been seen and I'm not sure what the wait time on that would be, or if there's an issue because it's so late.
May 21, 2:55 pm
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by Anne
I have not been on this site really in over a year, but I am back because I want to have a chance to write some reviews. I bought/earned all my toys through this website fair and square, and have noticed that most (if not all) of them have been ... More
If it's a free assignment, the time limit is three weeks. For a DR it's two weeks. After that time period has elapsed, the review is late. For a buy out, it's before you receive your next buy out review. The waiting time for a review to be published can be a few weeks.
May 21, 3:32 pm
That Man from Mars That Man from Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartthrob
If it's a free assignment, the time limit is three weeks. For a DR it's two weeks. After that time period has elapsed, the review is late. For a buy out, it's before you receive your next buy out review. The waiting time for a review to ... More
Ah, thank you. I think it was a buyout, but I can't remember. Might have been free. Are we penalized for being late? Do you know if there are steps I need to take to remedy any issues?
May 22, 1:47 am
Anne Anne
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartthrob
If it's a free assignment, the time limit is three weeks. For a DR it's two weeks. After that time period has elapsed, the review is late. For a buy out, it's before you receive your next buy out review. The waiting time for a review to ... More
Heartthrob, I don't think you fully understood my question. I bought/purchased these products about a year ago. They were not buy outs, DR's, or free assignments. Before things changed on this site, I was able to write a review about a product I got on here. I don't want to request a buy out, etc assignment... that would be crazy to have multiple duplicates of the products I already have. I just thought to myself, "hey, I have all these items I got on Edenfantasy, and have used them for awhile... why not write some reviews?" and now I can't.
May 22, 2:51 am
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by That Man from Mars
Ah, thank you. I think it was a buyout, but I can't remember. Might have been free. Are we penalized for being late? Do you know if there are steps I need to take to remedy any issues?
You might have received a late notice in your inbox but if you were penalized, you'd already know about it. I've heard of people losing their privileges to receive free products for reviews, but that's about it. You are an advanced reviewer, so I think you are fine. If you had lost the privilege of reviewing, you would not be showing up as an advanced reviewer.

What I would suggest is to simply write the reviews you can and get back in the swing of things.
May 22, 2:57 am
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by Anne
Heartthrob, I don't think you fully understood my question. I bought/purchased these products about a year ago. They were not buy outs, DR's, or free assignments. Before things changed on this site, I was able to write a review about a ... More
Anne, well it's understandable that Eden would change their inventory after a while. Although you can write a review on a discontinued item if that item was an assignment.
May 22, 3:02 am
Anne Anne
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartthrob
Anne, well it's understandable that Eden would change their inventory after a while. Although you can write a review on a discontinued item if that item was an assignment.
I have written a review recently (about a month ago) on a discontinued product. I had a habit in the past of putting the products I got on here in my assignment list. I was successfully able to write the review, but my points are still pending a month later? And now I am reluctant to write anymore reviews if I am not going to be rewarded for them.
May 22, 3:42 am
November November
Ann, are you aware that you can only use your points to pay for 15% of your order? I'm only asking because you mentioned that you've been gone for over a year and that's one of the changes that were made within the last year.
May 22, 3:00 pm
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
After reviews are submitted, there is a quite a long wait these days. Editors aren't all working, and there is a huge back log. I may not be understanding your concern correctly, but if you have submitted your review and it hasn't shown up yet, and that is what you're worried about....it's likely still sitting in the editing queue.

I checked, and I see one review you put in on 4/29. It's in there, and waiting for editing. It's just a matter of it getting to the front of the line.
May 22, 3:32 pm
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by Anne
I have written a review recently (about a month ago) on a discontinued product. I had a habit in the past of putting the products I got on here in my assignment list. I was successfully able to write the review, but my points are still pending a ... More
Anne, hmmmm, was the review published? If so and you still have not received your points I would suggest you look into whether points are awarded for reviews on discontinued items.
May 22, 11:17 pm
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 5