Commenting on the product's page

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Commenting on the product's page

NuMe NuMe
I've noticed a little trend of people commenting on a product's page. Most people don't realize that this actually counts as a review and then when someone wants to request the item they may not be able to. I'm not sure if there's something EF can do to make these not count as reviews, which would be great. But until then, if you didn't already know this, at least you do now.
07/20/2010
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by NuMe
I've noticed a little trend of people commenting on a product's page. Most people don't realize that this actually counts as a review and then when someone wants to request the item they may not be able to. I'm not sure if ...
Those do not count as reviews anymore, not when requesting items. Only verified reviews count as reviews when requesting an assignment. This was changed a few months ago, I believe.
07/20/2010
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
Those do not count as reviews anymore, not when requesting items. Only verified reviews count as reviews when requesting an assignment. This was changed a few months ago, I believe.
Woo! I was wondering about that, too. Glad they don't count anymore.
07/20/2010
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
Those do not count as reviews anymore, not when requesting items. Only verified reviews count as reviews when requesting an assignment. This was changed a few months ago, I believe.
That's interesting. I didn't realize that. I know that not too long ago I requested something and was not able to get it because of that, but I don't remember exactly when that was.

Maybe Gary or someone could pipe in and let us know for sure.
07/20/2010
NuMe NuMe
I just found a recent example of this. On this product link there is one review and one comment. But it shows as 2 reviews.
08/12/2010
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by NuMe
I just found a recent example of this. On this product link there is one review and one comment. But it shows as 2 reviews.
Yeah, but Gary takes that into account when assigning and does not count the non verified reviews or comments.
08/13/2010
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 3