Have "lady problems" ever stopped you from writing a review?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Have "lady problems" ever stopped you from writing a review?

Nazaress Nazaress
(This is for anyone capable of menstruating or having other vaginal/uterus-related issues, not just cis-women)

I have quite a few reviews (three) backed up that I haven't been able to write/finish because it's "that time of the month". This happened to me last time, too, and it's really frustrating me. I have the problem of having incredibly long periods (around an entire week, usually) so I'm "unavailable" for a large portion of the month. I tried to time writing my reviews so that I could avoid this problem yet again but it was to no avail because I had too much going on in my life to work on reviews until now. Two of the reviews are for lubricants so they're definitely no-go's because I can't test them out more (though I've already done some longevity tests by rubbing, dripping, etc.) and I can't finish my lingerie review (which is the most important because it's a free assignment, not a buy-out) because I'm using pads right now and can't take pictures of me wearing it. So boo, boo, a thousand times boo. And I hope this all isn't too TMI. I don't think it is. Menstruation happens. Get over it.

Have you ever had a review halted because of menstruation or something similar? Or if you're a man (or anyone with a penis), has anything with your body also stopped you from writing or finishing a review?
03/16/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Zombirella Zombirella
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
(This is for anyone capable of menstruating or having other vaginal/uterus-related issues, not just cis-women)

I have quite a few reviews (three) backed up that I haven't been able to write/finish because it's "that time of the ...
Ugh, yes! I had to wait to do my most recent lubricant descriptive review because of that. I just felt I wouldn't be able to give a good one if I tried to do it then....well you can figure out all the whys lol.
03/16/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombirella
Ugh, yes! I had to wait to do my most recent lubricant descriptive review because of that. I just felt I wouldn't be able to give a good one if I tried to do it then....well you can figure out all the whys lol.
I got my review assignments a month ago! Well, I placed the order. They didn't ship then but you know. Anyway, so I feel horrible for taking so long on them but there's nothing I can really do. I hate periods. I'd gladly give my uterus to anyone who wants it just so I don't have them anymore. I don't even want to have children. I'm going to adopt when I want children. -_-"
03/16/2012
GONE! GONE!
Yes. FML. I've had a package come just as things got disturbing down there and it was such a pain waiting with a beautiful new toy on my nightstand. *rages*
03/16/2012
Beck Beck
Not for me because I still test most of my products out. I take the waterproof toys in the shower, I use a tampon with my clit vibes, and lube is needed for the clit vibes, so that covers everything. If I had an infection I surely wouldn't use a product because I wouldn't feel up to it.
03/16/2012
indiglo indiglo
I have been backed up lately on a couple, but not because of my period - just because of being sick. I'm getting caught up on them now though. It can be frustrating, but the good thing is that the folks here are really understanding about that kind of thing. Life happens, whether we want it to or not!

Hope you're able to use your toys soon!
03/16/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
I have been backed up lately on a couple, but not because of my period - just because of being sick. I'm getting caught up on them now though. It can be frustrating, but the good thing is that the folks here are really understanding about that ...
That was one of the reason I held off my reviews in the first place: because I was sick! I'm still a bit sick but I'm ready and raring to go on these reviews but alas, lady problems. Luckily, it shouldn't be more than a day or so until I can "get back on the horse", to put it one day.

Thanks! Me, too. Lol.
03/16/2012
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
No I don't have to worry about this unless it is the last month before I have to go get my shot. I try to get what I need before then because I always get my monthly friend the day or a couple of days before I have to get my shot.
03/16/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
(This is for anyone capable of menstruating or having other vaginal/uterus-related issues, not just cis-women)

I have quite a few reviews (three) backed up that I haven't been able to write/finish because it's "that time of the ...
I have but I have to say even for "free" assignments the staff does understand about these things. Just drop JR a note and let him know you are going to be delayed...no real need to go into detail. He only bites when he's asked to!
It's a pain in the ass to have your review writing interrupted by such a silly thing, isn't it? Think on it though...if we stick around EVENTUALLY we'll be able to write all month long and commiserate with the young-'uns about their monthly problems!
03/16/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
I have but I have to say even for "free" assignments the staff does understand about these things. Just drop JR a note and let him know you are going to be delayed...no real need to go into detail. He only bites when he's asked to! ...
Ha! But then I'd have a whole other set of problems. I have a weird enough body temperature as it is (my normal temperature is not the same as everyone else's) so I can just imagine how hot flashes would affect me! Lol. But yes, I guess there's a silver lining to everything!

I was going to drop him a message (I did last time) but by the time I got any significant computer time (which would basically be today), it ended up being close to the end so I'll just wait it out and then hurriedly finish them (while still maintaining quality, of course!)
03/16/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Yes. It's such a pain! I dread my period for many reasons, but most of all because it stops reviews. I usually do lingerie during my period because I use tampons. I just end up looking bloated in all the pictures.
03/16/2012
Woman China Woman China
Nope. I'll play in the shower, use old towels if I feel horny enough when not in the shower (I'd have to feel VERY horny though the hatred of cleaning trumps the horny factor). Like other members, tampon's work and I can still use vibes on my clit, or anal play.

And to be quite honest, I do actually appreciate knowing how a lube performs while a woman is menstruating. I know this is one of those things I would like to know for my own use before buying rather than buying blind.

If I had an infection or injury that might be a different story. I know when I had vaginal surgery I was out of commission for about ten days.
03/16/2012
Antipova Antipova
Weird, I never stop toying just because it's my period.

I wouldn't review if I had a bladder infection or something because I would be in more pain than pleasure. But heck, I'm probably a better reviewer on my period because I test things even harder!
03/20/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Weird, I never stop toying just because it's my period.

I wouldn't review if I had a bladder infection or something because I would be in more pain than pleasure. But heck, I'm probably a better reviewer on my period because I test ...
I don't have or use condoms so that's not an option and honestly, whenever I'm on my period, I'm just not up to it, anyway. I always feel very "meh" when I'm on my period. I don't want to do anything, let alone use a toy and review it. Lol.
03/20/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
I don't have or use condoms so that's not an option and honestly, whenever I'm on my period, I'm just not up to it, anyway. I always feel very "meh" when I'm on my period. I don't want to do anything, let alone use a toy and review it. Lol.
Silicone and glass! Boil and everything's better

But if you're not feeling it, there's no need to do it, for sure!
03/20/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Silicone and glass! Boil and everything's better

But if you're not feeling it, there's no need to do it, for sure!
Glass, I can see it not being too bad. Though I'd probably still be a little "meh" about it. I DO have some silicone toys but A. they're vibrators and B. I couldn't boil them if I wanted to because I live with my boyfriend's grandmother and everything is a secret. Lol.

But yeah. I'm just going to try and time it better next time so this kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore.
03/21/2012
LinToxic LinToxic
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
(This is for anyone capable of menstruating or having other vaginal/uterus-related issues, not just cis-women)

I have quite a few reviews (three) backed up that I haven't been able to write/finish because it's "that time of the ...
Actually... No, I masturbate even when I am on my period so I have no problems with reviews and testing them out. The easiest toy to test however is a clit vibe. I use menstrual cups which are kinda like tampons so I dont make a horrible bloody mess. Ahahaha
03/21/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
Quote:
Originally posted by LinToxic
Actually... No, I masturbate even when I am on my period so I have no problems with reviews and testing them out. The easiest toy to test however is a clit vibe. I use menstrual cups which are kinda like tampons so I dont make a horrible bloody mess. ...
I used to use pads but I've switched to tampons. Menstrual cups sound amazing, though, and I'm thinking about switching over to them. I'm just worried I won't put them in right or they'll leak or whatever.
03/21/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
(This is for anyone capable of menstruating or having other vaginal/uterus-related issues, not just cis-women)

I have quite a few reviews (three) backed up that I haven't been able to write/finish because it's "that time of the ...
I have long periods, too. I'll test a toy during my period (we have sex during my period, so why not?)

But, I've delayed reviews due to yeast infections or UTIs a lot lately.

Lingerie, I can understand not wanting to do during your period. "OMG, is that a string hanging out of her thong?" And pads are too bulky to take pics or even want to try on and maybe ruin nice lingerie during your period. I'll have sex, but I don't like to wear my nicest lingerie during my period.

As assignment usually arrive once a month, maybe putting off an assignment by a week might help? That way they won't always arrive right during The Scarlet Deluge.
03/21/2012
SaraU29 SaraU29
Not on my period!
03/21/2012
Ms. N Ms. N
I understand and sympathize. I don't think it is an issue though. I have had three weeks or more in between getting an item in and writing the review because of one issue or another, and JR has never come at me with a calendar over it. If you are not feeling it, it is fine to put the review off a week or so. Your reviews will be better if you feel physically and mentally in the mood to do them.
03/25/2012
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Not for me because I still test most of my products out. I take the waterproof toys in the shower, I use a tampon with my clit vibes, and lube is needed for the clit vibes, so that covers everything. If I had an infection I surely wouldn't use a ...
This. Wouldn't stop me physicaly. Maybe if I felt bloated or gross, though
03/25/2012
Total posts: 22
Unique posters: 15