Voted down?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Voted down?

HannahPanda HannahPanda
Does it peeve anyone else when you put a lot of time into a review, be it with pictures, or editing yourself grammatically, and someone rates it lowly with no comment or reason as to why?

Or even worse, they rate it low and leave a comment like "" Does this effect your rating as a reviewer? "Usefuls" aren't so bad, but sometimes, I check my reviews and it's one consistent person that's just rated all my reviews useful, probably without reading and just cycling through to rate reviews.

I'm mainly just wondering if this is going to drop my rating lower over time, because it's taken me many, many reviews to get a single point.
03/21/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Silverdrop Silverdrop
Eden staff have said that Useful and Extremely Useful count the same for ranking purposes, and that a few outlying low scores are unlikely to change your ranking.

The best advice is to just read the comments and ignore the voting, but that's kind of hard for some people to do.
03/21/2012
Ansley Ansley
Useful is a perfectly acceptable rating for most reviews and the Extremely Useful and Useful votes are weighted the same so it does not affect your rank.

If someone is consistently rating your reviews as less than useful when you have high votes from everyone else in the community, shoot JR a message and let him know what's up and provide a few links to reviews and point out the person you suspect is trying to lower your rank. But, I believe, no matter what if you have a hundred U's/EU's and a handful of lower votes, it's still not going to pull your rank down because it's only a fraction of what contributes to your rank.
03/21/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by HannahPanda
Does it peeve anyone else when you put a lot of time into a review, be it with pictures, or editing yourself grammatically, and someone rates it lowly with no comment or reason as to why?

Or even worse, they rate it low and leave a comment ...
There are a few people that do this to every single one of my reviews. I just ignore it now. I look forward to reading the comments I know are going to be there and ignore the ones that I and peeved about. I even have an ex student, who I failed, who rated at least one of my reviews not at all useful. I, luckily, had enough readers on that review, that it did not matter. I have only noticed one vote like this, but if I notice more, I will shot Jr a message, but I recommend you doing the same if you are getting the same reviewers who are voting all your reviews somewhat useful and lower, when others are giving you high ratings.
03/21/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
There are quite a few threads about down voting and less than useful votes.. you can check them out here:

link

link

link

link

I know there's more but I just did a quick search for a few. Those links have quite a few responses to them letting you know what happens, what to do, etc. Good luck!
03/21/2012
Kissy Kissy
I know what you mean about spending hours on reviews, pictures, editing (bot pics and reviews) and then getting a 'useful' ... it is like a dagger!

But I am so thankful to read that useful and extremely useful are the same! Wow! That is great, but how can that be?

Is somewhat useful and worth reading the same too?
03/21/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Actually, "Extremely Useful" and "Useful" aren't rated the same, but they're both considered positive votes. Most of the voting I do falls into the useful category. I think "Extremely Useful" has gotten to be the standard, which doesn't really help the voting system. "Useful" is still a good vote.

If you see someone deliberately down-voting, please sent me an email or on-site message. Any "proof" you can send just makes it easier for me to look it up.

Honestly, in the zoomed out view of things, a couple lower than average votes really doesn't mean much to your rank. Voting is subjective and personal anyway.
03/21/2012
TheSinDoll TheSinDoll
What bothers me is when you look at the person's wall and it's obvious that they are going from review to review and rating within a minute of each.

Point farming.

Not taking the time to read the review and rate it with any accuracy, just slapping up a rating that will get them the points they want without any care as to how much time and effort went into said review.

Go and look at the walls of those who are giving you these lower ratings.
03/21/2012
Pixel Pixel
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Actually, "Extremely Useful" and "Useful" aren't rated the same, but they're both considered positive votes. Most of the voting I do falls into the useful category. I think "Extremely Useful" has gotten to be the ...
It's also frustrating to see people giving 'Extremely Useful' votes to people because they have a high ranking or have written a lot of reviews, even though the review is only two or three paragraphs long with spelling and grammar errors, and barely any information on the toy.
03/31/2012
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Quote:
Originally posted by HannahPanda
Does it peeve anyone else when you put a lot of time into a review, be it with pictures, or editing yourself grammatically, and someone rates it lowly with no comment or reason as to why?

Or even worse, they rate it low and leave a comment ...
This happens so often to my review. Most of people that do this have a minimal profile and no reviews. There's just nothing much you can do.
04/01/2012
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Quote:
Originally posted by Pixel
It's also frustrating to see people giving 'Extremely Useful' votes to people because they have a high ranking or have written a lot of reviews, even though the review is only two or three paragraphs long with spelling and grammar errors, ...
I find this often. Oh well, voting = popularity contest most of the time.
04/01/2012
MistressDandelion MistressDandelion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
I know what you mean about spending hours on reviews, pictures, editing (bot pics and reviews) and then getting a 'useful' ... it is like a dagger!

But I am so thankful to read that useful and extremely useful are the same! Wow! That ...
Yes, this. I spent literally more than 3 hours just writting my first review. I'm not a native english-speaker, so I had to make sure everything I write was gramatically correct... I only left one typo, and got a Useful. I turned even paler than I usually am. I too am happy that they both weigh the same.
04/02/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by MistressDandelion
Yes, this. I spent literally more than 3 hours just writting my first review. I'm not a native english-speaker, so I had to make sure everything I write was gramatically correct... I only left one typo, and got a Useful. I turned even paler than ...
JR clarified that they are not rated the same, however both are positive votes.
04/02/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Pixel
It's also frustrating to see people giving 'Extremely Useful' votes to people because they have a high ranking or have written a lot of reviews, even though the review is only two or three paragraphs long with spelling and grammar errors, ...
If/when that happens, let us know. Higher ranked reviewers shouldn't get lax like that.
04/02/2012
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 12