Are there any mentors anymore? i want to start class as student

mamawife2008 mamawife2008
I was here a year ago before management left and new came in. i was under a different screen name with about 210 reviews under way on my page here and was affiliate. I closed old account due to lack of points as everyone knows itll take forever to add up to much. not sure why they changed it.

Message me if you are open for mentoring me
Jun 17, 3:46 pm
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Weekly Special: Save 40% on Rabbit Vibrators and G-spot Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
Quote:
Originally posted by mamawife2008
I was here a year ago before management left and new came in. i was under a different screen name with about 210 reviews under way on my page here and was affiliate. I closed old account due to lack of points as everyone knows itll take forever to ... More
I accepted you as a student and look forward to working with you. It is a busy time of year for some of the other mentors. I am sure they did not intentionally ignore you. I know at least one has had some personal drama, so is likely not checking her EF account very often.

I have had the opposite problem. I accept students and they seem to disappear. I am beginning to get a complex. If any other mentors are out there are you having that problem?

The last 5 out of the last 6 students I accepted either messaged me once or never replied to my messages at all. I also had 2 others who each wrote one review then were never to be heard from again. What keeps me going is my other wonderful students who have had to take a break for personal reasons (and let me know). So although I have 8 students, 1 is active, 2 are on "summer break" and the others I am just waiting to hear from.
Jun 18, 8:44 pm
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete's Princess
I accepted you as a student and look forward to working with you. It is a busy time of year for some of the other mentors. I am sure they did not intentionally ignore you. I know at least one has had some personal drama, so is likely not checking ... More
It's a fairly common thing, even before the drama. It's always the case where only 1 or 2 out of 6 students keep going with things. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast.

I'm still around and taking students. The vast majority aren't interested once they learn that there are no longer free assignments for students. It is what it is.

I still really enjoy working with those that want to work together, so I keep chugging away.
Jun 28, 11:25 am
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Hats off to both of you for still doing it!!! I know surreptitious has the same problem of students just disappearing on her. In the meantime, I keep asking to be a mentor, but as others have had happen, I get no response.
Jun 28, 7:24 pm
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Hats off to both of you for still doing it!!! I know surreptitious has the same problem of students just disappearing on her. In the meantime, I keep asking to be a mentor, but as others have had happen, I get no response.
My mentor application has been in since December. If anyone has been accepted since then I'd love to know how you went about it.
Jun 28, 8:29 pm
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
I do not think anyone at EF has been put in charge of the mentor program so when we send in requests regarding it, they just go into some unmonitored mailbox. I understand it is the same with people who applied to be editors.
Jun 28, 9:28 pm
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete's Princess
I do not think anyone at EF has been put in charge of the mentor program so when we send in requests regarding it, they just go into some unmonitored mailbox. I understand it is the same with people who applied to be editors.
Yes, that's true. However, I, and some others, have sent emails directly to Ilya and Fred and no one has had any replies to those either. I don't even get replies or action on plagiarized reviews. I had to come up with my own system to deal with them, but unfortunately, the members don't get banned (as far as I know).
Jun 29, 2:13 am
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 5