#Announcement - Changes to Shipping (review assignments only)

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Announcement - Changes to Shipping (review assignments only)

BG529 BG529
Sounds good!
04/05/2013
SMichelle SMichelle
So... apparently now with these changes, it means that shipping for me just becomes completely confusing and complicated.

It tells me, initially, that I can get UPS surepost or UPS 3 day select for free, or that I can get USPS priority for $9.49. THEN, however, I go through to step two, and whoops... I'm in a remote location (I'm in upstate NY), despite the fact that UPS delivers here ALL the time. Despite the fact that there is a UPS building less than 10 minutes from me. So, what does this mean? Well, it means that I cannot get ANY sort UPS shipping. It also means that the cost of priority shipping goes up to $11.49. Not a huge difference, but still a difference.

I'm a little frustrated at this change.
04/07/2013
Sangsara Sangsara
okay so now regardless of the value of our review items since I live in Canada the minimum charge for shipping is $21? cause since I have 3 Canadian students who are all under the $30 initial review item limit they must pay $21 for shipping? I guess that means goodbye to those students. I will stay because I know that I can combine my review items with purchases I make with buyouts and points generated from videos and articles.
The messed up thing is that I could get my review items sent to a US address and have them forward them to me for less than $10. How come Eden's minimum is so high?
04/07/2013
indiglo indiglo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Hello Everyone,

I have just been informed that all free assignments will be shipping via Sure Post until the new Review Program changes take place.

Thank you,
Gary
I think this is just temporary, if I'm understanding Gary correctly. And I think the changes will be coming fairly soon. But I can understand your frustration in the meantime!
04/08/2013
Munko Munko
Quote:
Originally posted by Sangsara
okay so now regardless of the value of our review items since I live in Canada the minimum charge for shipping is $21? cause since I have 3 Canadian students who are all under the $30 initial review item limit they must pay $21 for shipping? I guess ...
If I'm not mistaken, the flat rate shipping to Canada starts at 21.99 now, they recently increased. I've run into this problem with a few places, but I understand it makes sense for them to ship flat rate...it just sucks for us!
04/08/2013
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Sangsara
okay so now regardless of the value of our review items since I live in Canada the minimum charge for shipping is $21? cause since I have 3 Canadian students who are all under the $30 initial review item limit they must pay $21 for shipping? I guess ...
It is not Eden who is setting the regional & international shipping policies and courier rates, or Canadian export & import taxes.
04/08/2013
Lady Evyl Lady Evyl
As the other Canadians have said and other international reviewers.... unfare. Why should we suddenly have to pay, especially if the item we review is less then the shipping. We already have duties to pay already.

True EF does not set the rates, but EF chose to now charge international reviewers for shipping.
04/17/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Ouch...just looked at the shipping rates to Canada via USPS. The lowest price, for a small flat-rate Priority Mail box, is $20. I wonder why the rate has shot up so much?

I hope EF will eventually find another carrier with more reasonable international rates...or else open a warehouse in Canada!
05/19/2013
Marie Hanna Marie Hanna
When will the review changes be made?
05/19/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
Ouch...just looked at the shipping rates to Canada via USPS. The lowest price, for a small flat-rate Priority Mail box, is $20. I wonder why the rate has shot up so much?

I hope EF will eventually find another carrier with more reasonable ...
Hmmm...actually, I just realized that the rates I looked up were for individuals, not for businesses that don't have volume discounts...
05/20/2013
Experiment Experiment
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Hello Everyone,

I have just been informed that all free assignments will be shipping via Sure Post until the new Review Program changes take place.

Thank you,
Gary
Thanks for letting me know.
05/22/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 41
Unique posters: 31