I know there have been numerous posts on video reviews and that the info, being spread out all over, can get confusing. So I'm going to try to get it all together here in one thread for you guys to reference.
First, there are two types of video reviews.
We have the Video Review Program, which allows an extra product per month for qualified reviewers that is specifically for video review. The Video Review Program requires both a text and a video review of the product that is assigned. Participation in the Video Review Program requires a ranking of 6.0 and that you've uploaded at least two regular video reviews. If you're interested in participating in the Video Review Program and meet these requirements, simply email me (CarrieAnn@edenfantasy s.com) and we'll get you set up.
We also have regular video reviews, which are videos added to previously written reviews - or even current assignments. Anyone can add video to reviews they've already written or are in the process of writing.
Each type of video review is rewarded with a gift card if all requirements are met; Video Review Program videos receive a gift card based upon the price of the product while regular video reviews added to already written text reviews receive a straight $25 gift card.
All video must have the Eden Fantasys cover attached to it and must be uploaded to our servers in order to receive a gift card payment. Once you upload the video and have received a gift card for it, the video belongs to Eden Fantasys. Embedded video and video without the Eden Fantasys cover/branding added do not qualify for a gift card payment. You can get the cover file by emailing me at CarrieAnn@edenfantasys .com.
Only one video review is allowed per product. If you're going to add video to a review you've already done, please check that the product doesn't already have a video. Also, please email me (CarrieAnn@edenfantasy s.com) for approval before you do the video. Often, that product is already out for video review or someone else has been approved to do it.
Please make sure the product is in stock before you do a video. We should not be doing video reviews on products we do not stock or which are discontinued.
Adding video is easy and works the same no matter which type of video review you're doing.
When you complete a review, after clicking submit, there is an option to add video or grab a widget. Video can be added from here by clicking the button and following the on screen guides. If the review was written awhile ago, you can go to your review list in your account dashboard and each review should have the option to add a video. The link is in the far right column and, again, clicking it and following the on screen guides is simple and self explanatory.
The exact steps are as follows:
1. Click "add video"
2. Click "upload video"
3. Create a title for your video
4. Write a description of your video
5. Add tags to your video - tags should be basic, searchable words like tantus, dildo, silicone, etc
6. Choose categories for your video
7. Click the "choose file" button and browse your computer for the video file you want to upload
8. Click upload
9. Wait for the video to completely upload. A status bar will appear.
10. Check the boxes stating you're over 18 years old and have the right to post/repost this video (Assuming you are/do. If not, don't upload! You must be 18 years old to participate in Eden Fantasys review programs)
11. Click submit
12. Preview your video, make sure it looks okay.
13. Add a link to any related pages you'd like your video to appear on. Video will automatically appear on your review page and on the product page but, occasionally, you may want it to appear in a forum post or on another product page (for example, if you compared two products in your video). You can add this link here.
14. Click finish
15. Send an email letting me know you've uploaded a video (CarrieAnn@edenfantasy s.com) I will, in return, email you back with your gift card code.
Video should automatically and instantly show up in your review if the review is already published. It may take a few days if the review has not yet been published. Please be patient, we approve reviews as quickly as we can. If you've submitted a review over the weekend or in the evening, please remember that we don't work around the clock and it may not publish until the next day, after the weekend or even, during busy times, for up to three weeks.
Some important points/rules to remember when doing video reviews:
- The text review should always be complete and useful. Do not rely on the video to get the point across. Not everyone can watch videos, nor does everyone want to. The text is the heart of the review. Make it useful and detailed.
- Videos should ideally be around 3 minutes in length.
- Only one video review is allowed per product other than in specific, preapproved cases
- Approval should be requested before uploading a video. Email me (CarrieAnn@edenfantasy s.com) before you upload to prevent duplicates. Duplicates do not receive gift card payments so be aware of when a product already has video and get approval to avoid this happening!
- Try to limit your video uploading to no more than four per week and please do not upload them all on the same day. Spread them out. I know it's easier to record a bunch at a time when you have time, but uploading them all at once often prevents you from getting the views you deserve. Record as many as you like but spread your uploads out rather than bombarding everyone in a single day. Be aware that if you do too many at once, some may be temporarily unpublished so that everyone gets fair viewing time on the community page.
- Creativity is awesome. The more creative your video is, the more likely it is to be enjoyed.
- Keep your videos focused on the features of the product. You do not need to include cleaning information, specs, lube compatibility, etc on the video review. Those things are already in the text review. Make the video about the aspects you can't show in text; does the product bend? is it squishy? is it very small or very large in comparison with other things? is it loud? is it super quiet? is the color amazing? what are the features that are best shown with video? Stress those, minimize the technical stuff.
- Make sure the product is in stock and not discontinued before you plan to do a video review
- Feel free to share your videos! You can get the embed code, once you've uploaded your video, at link and you're welcome to share the video on your blog, facebook, etc.
- No videos are allowed on condoms, books, DVDs, batteries or stockings - unless you get prior approval and are planning something super creative
- You do not have to show your face, or even your body, in your video. Creative video editing can make a video interesting and useful, even if you don't show your face - or, in some cases, even if you don't talk at all. This is an excellent example of such a video review
I'm sure there is at least one question I haven't answered so please, feel free to ask for information I may have missed.
And don't forget, you can always reach me via email if you'd prefer to speak in private. CarrieAnn@edenfantasys .com
Remember, we reserve the right to remove videos that are of low quality, infringe upon copyright laws, are offensive or too explicit.